Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 05:25 AM   #1  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default Daily Thread, Thursday 10 February 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

[COLOR="Blue"]3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have[list]

Last edited by Linden; 02-10-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:17 AM   #2  

Default continuing the introduction post

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 02-10-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:18 AM   #3  

Default Link to yesterday's thread

Wednesday February 9

Linden, thanks for starting today's thread! Today is past half-over for you. Share the inside scoop with us ... is Thursday turning out to be a good day?

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 02-10-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:24 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
Anyone have interesting ways to make the blueberry or pomagranate drink? Someone indicated that the IP Diet increased it's qty of meat/fish to 7oz/8oz? My coach hadn't heard of that. Any more on that?
Once someone mentioned doing something like a granita with it. Mixing it up, putting it in the freezer and eating the result with a spoon.
Here's a thread that might be worth checking out, Fun With Packets The Granita is post 54 by CheekyWit.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:41 AM   #5  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning to you all. Came to work today and my truck read -15°F. Record for us.

Yesterday I posted the questions about BMI along with Rulemom, who is actually 45 min from me. I only posted to get some other opinions on what people here on IP thought of BMI. I disregard the number personally.

Even when I was an athelete and at 10% bodyfat, I was still considered to be overweight to obese by this number. I am just trying to figure out what my end goal really should be. At that time I was 210-220#.

I had just seen so many peoples tickers with BMI included on them. Did not mean to stir the "pot", just thought I would get some opinions and I thank everyone that shared a comment.

I will keep going and see what happens and where I end up. As far as clothes being baggy and not purchasing more until the end, we will see.

Thanks for all the additional comments. I have WI #5 today and am feeling good about it. Stay warm and have a great IP day!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:18 AM   #6  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I just wanted you guys to know that MIRACLES DO HAPPEN! WI #18 today and after a whole month of disappointing losses, I posted my biggest loss today, tying week 1 (-4.8 lb). After surgery tomorrow, I should be staring down the barrel of 50 lbs lost!!!

Oh, and I managed to finish the Valentine's Day challenge. I was not thinking that was actually going to happen!
Congrats on your accomplishments! And good luck on your surgery!!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:22 AM   #7  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default Gross. Don't read. Doesn't even belong in the OOPS! thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Wednesday February 9

Linden, thanks for starting today's thread! Today is past half-over for you. Share the inside scoop with us ... is Thursday turning out to be a good day?

Well, so far. I mean haven't sneezed on anything which is good since I'm cooking dinner for five. Red sauce has been simmering for 3 hours; four more to go and all organic vegetables. Easy, easy to get here in regular grocery store and bio stores. Lasagna noodles can't be found; I'm using cabbage leaves. So what does a 2 1/2 year-old who's never tasted lasagna (OR RASPBERRY JELLY WITH FRUIT! I ask your?) going to say? Guess where I got the jello.

Best of Thursday to you, yours, and all the rest of us.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Default WI This afternoon

Good morning everybody,
I am excited for this afternoon as it is my week 2 wi. My home scale says I am down a total of 16lbs - 8 last week, 8 this week. Woohoo! Even if at the WI it changes by one or two lbs this afternoon, I am pleased with how I have done so far.
I am, however, not overly excited for this morning - I am being observed by a super for work and if my students act the way they have been most of this week it will not be good for me. I am at work early to clean up and get things set up for an easy flow this morning - I have planned my activities to highlight that I can do the things I was told I wasn't doing last time.
In any case, off to breakfast and classroom cleaning.
Here is to a wonderful OP IP DAY!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #9  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camio87 View Post
Good morning everybody,
I am excited for this afternoon as it is my week 2 wi. My home scale says I am down a total of 16lbs - 8 last week, 8 this week. Woohoo! Even if at the WI it changes by one or two lbs this afternoon, I am pleased with how I have done so far.
I am, however, not overly excited for this morning - I am being observed by a super for work and if my students act the way they have been most of this week it will not be good for me. I am at work early to clean up and get things set up for an easy flow this morning - I have planned my activities to highlight that I can do the things I was told I wasn't doing last time.
In any case, off to breakfast and classroom cleaning.
Here is to a wonderful OP IP DAY!
wow! Incredible weight loss!
Mrs D- good luck on your surgery I'm praying for you!!Guys on the board- keep up the good losses-
what a group of inspirational people here!
Can't wait for ONDERLAND myself!!
Have a great day!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning my IP Friends

I hope you all have a great day today!
I am feeling pretty good today..but I do feel a bit sad. Last night I went to bed remembering that Monday was Valentine's day. I knew it was coming but since my bf and I didn't really plan anything it kind of skipped my mind.
This day is really special to me because every year before my father passed away, 3 years ago now, I used to be his valentine. I used to live with him and on that day after school or work I would get home and find a bouquet of white roses (my favorites) on the table with a beautiful card. He would always pick out the nicest card with the nicest thing written in it..and he would add more to it and make me cry. I was his little princess and he meant the world to me...so we just spent that evening together have supper and it was nice. I miss him a lot and it seems like today it's almost making me cry...I hope he is proud of me and is kicking me in the butt to lose this weight I know he would be cheering me on!
Sorry ..I needed to vent out and instead of crying at work lol..

I finally decided that I was going to have a mini goal. I want to be 195 on March 1st. My sister is coming in town for our Spring break and she has never seen me at that weight..so I want to surprise her..and myself
It might be a little harder to stick with the protocol since I have mid terms that are coming so no late snacking on cookies and candy...but on veggies!!! hahaha

Once again...you guys are THE reason why I am sticking to IP, I am so GLAD that I was able to find this site and I talk about it everyday!
You all inspire me...Yay US!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
Good Morning my IP Friends

I hope you all have a great day today!
I am feeling pretty good today..but I do feel a bit sad. Last night I went to bed remembering that Monday was Valentine's day. I knew it was coming but since my bf and I didn't really plan anything it kind of skipped my mind.
This day is really special to me because every year before my father passed away, 3 years ago now, I used to be his valentine. I used to live with him and on that day after school or work I would get home and find a bouquet of white roses (my favorites) on the table with a beautiful card. He would always pick out the nicest card with the nicest thing written in it..and he would add more to it and make me cry. I was his little princess and he meant the world to me...so we just spent that evening together have supper and it was nice. I miss him a lot and it seems like today it's almost making me cry...I hope he is proud of me and is kicking me in the butt to lose this weight I know he would be cheering me on!
Sorry ..I needed to vent out and instead of crying at work lol..

I finally decided that I was going to have a mini goal. I want to be 195 on March 1st. My sister is coming in town for our Spring break and she has never seen me at that weight..so I want to surprise her..and myself
It might be a little harder to stick with the protocol since I have mid terms that are coming so no late snacking on cookies and candy...but on veggies!!! hahaha

Once again...you guys are THE reason why I am sticking to IP, I am so GLAD that I was able to find this site and I talk about it everyday!
You all inspire me...Yay US!
What a touching story You are doing amazing.... keep up the good work. You have wonderful warm memories.... these....no one can take from you.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

OK, I asked this question a few days back with no response... can some one help? My boyfriend is type 2 diabetes...and wants to try this plan. I think there is an alternative plan for IP for this? I can not find if there is actually a 'sheet' drawn up showing what to eat and when... does anyone know? Thanking you in advance.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #13  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

W5 last night, and didn't go that well -.08, but I knew that would happen after my cheat and TOM this week. On to a new week!

I bought Ketostix to see when I will be back in Ketosis. Does anyone have any insight on these? I tested myself before bed and I was at a moderate level and then again this morning and I only had trace amounts. Is this normal for morning and night? And should I be at the very top end of the scale once back in ketosis?

Thanks and have a great IP day!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:47 AM   #14  
Started IP Feb 4,2011

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
OK, I asked this question a few days back with no response... can some one help? My boyfriend is type 2 diabetes...and wants to try this plan. I think there is an alternative plan for IP for this? I can not find if there is actually a 'sheet' drawn up showing what to eat and when... does anyone know? Thanking you in advance.
I found an alternate plan in one of the other threads - not sure which one because I sat and read old threads for quite a few hours last week. I downloaded every file I found knowing I'd never be able to find it again I will try to attach the file here if I can figure out how to do that. I think this alternate plan is aimed at diabetics but not sure - I'm only in week 1!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP Alternative Plan - Phase 1-1.pdf (1.78 MB, 11 views)
File Type: pdf IP Alternative Plan - Phase 2.pdf (204.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: pdf IP Alternative Plan - Phase 3.pdf (245.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning to you all. Came to work today and my truck read -15°F. Record for us.

Yesterday I posted the questions about BMI along with Rulemom, who is actually 45 min from me. I only posted to get some other opinions on what people here on IP thought of BMI. I disregard the number personally.

Even when I was an athelete and at 10% bodyfat, I was still considered to be overweight to obese by this number. I am just trying to figure out what my end goal really should be. At that time I was 210-220#.

I had just seen so many peoples tickers with BMI included on them. Did not mean to stir the "pot", just thought I would get some opinions and I thank everyone that shared a comment.

I will keep going and see what happens and where I end up. As far as clothes being baggy and not purchasing more until the end, we will see.

Thanks for all the additional comments. I have WI #5 today and am feeling good about it. Stay warm and have a great IP day!
I've been trying to follow this BMI discussion, mostly 'cause I don't really know much about it... in fact, I don't think I had ever heard of BMI 'til I started visiting this forum... for what I have in my signature, I just used an online BMI calculator for the weight I want to be, 123 lb... otherwise, it didn't mean much to me... so, what should mean more to me?.. body fat percentage?.. in that case, should I forget about a particular weight & just concentrate on that %age?.. works for me, I only set that goal weight 'cause I remembered weighing somewhere around there when I was at my fittest, many years ago... plus, my son's birthday is January 23 (1/23), yeah, I know, not the most scientific of reasons... so, using an online body fat percentage calculator, & taking a WAG (wild a** guess) at my current weight, I come up with 32.5%... according to the same website,
Quote:
"For women between age 20 and 40, 19% to 26% body fat is generally good to excellent. For women age 40+ to 60+, 23% to 30% is considered good to excellent. For men between age 20 and 40, 10% to 20% body fat is generally good to excellent. For men age 40+ to 60+, 19% to 23% is considered good to excellent."
I'm getting close to good, if that's correct... another chart I saw said 24.0 to 35.9 is "Normal" for my age (61).. don't think I've ever been called Normal before!.. but there you have it... anyway, this is all pretty interesting to be learning about... thanks, juiceman11, for stirring up the discussion...

hugs
Closed Thread