Old 02-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #249 Bale of Turtles Keeping Track!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Default Treats/Snacks

I've been having dark chocolate, red wine, pizza and still loosing. Our WW leader says they are an important part of the day/week. As long as they are counted then they are ok. Before I would just deprive myself of everything, and a week or two would be back to the old habits. The points plus program is made for me it is easy!! I can do this, I feel different about this plan. I'm in for the long haul! Have to stop the guilt! Before I would have eaten way more when I got off track. I feel this is a lifestyle I can do, it is realistic.

TGIF Turtles Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy - nice job on the weight loss this week and you will be back down to your pre-Christmas weight in no time.

Terri - glad the programme is working for you. I agree that we cannot deprive ourselves of what we enjoy since we all know we will overindulge when we give in & we eventually do, so great you are planning in your treats along the way.

At my weigh in I "turtled" which means I stayed the same. I was alittle disappointed since I thought I would be down some. I think maybe reason I wasn't down at all was I didn't get in my walks and I did have a few extras last weekend. So I want to do better this week and will be starting off
by getting in a walk today & doing hot yoga in the a.m. so that should help.

Have a nice weekend, everyone!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #4  
Chick

Terri, wow, you have a great WW attitude. My leader would say you are a weight watcher, not on the weight watcher diet.

For me, I know the treats I would feel deprived without. The hard part for me is the flexible restraint idea, but like you----I find if I eat it and write it down I can make room in my eating plan for treats. Good reminder!

Sounds like a lot of us are doing that----Aunt Loopy and Life4evr with the candy, Bandit and Terri and me with an occasional glass of wine---it's all good. I am so happy to have so many Turtles offering suggestions.

Bandit, I'm sorry the scale wasn't more cooperative. I know the weight will come off next week and you'll be so happy. Have fun at your hot yoga class. I'm just about ready to try one of my DVD's here at home. I've been walking on my and I'm sure that has helped shake up my weight----also, I am really tracking carefully and that helps too.

Good luck to all of us this upcoming weekend.
We're attending a baptism on Sunday, then the reception is at a famous Chinese restaurant. Egads. Well, I hope they let us order off the menu because I know a few things that work for me.

Gotta run. and to all of us!
Judy
234.6/190.2/170's and thinner
Old 02-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone and happy Friday to you all... so glad this is the last day of work. I am still very sore but I think it is getting better and will give it the weekend, if no better on Monday then I will call the doctor. Work is very busy today so I only have a minute. They cancelled our TOPS meeting last night due to the ice and I will not be going to WW tomorrow since I have a bunch of conflicts but will get on the scale to see how I am doing.

Congrats to Judy and Bandit and everyone else that lost or stayed the same - have a great weekend everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #6  

Keeping Track/Slow and steady!!!

Weigh in yesterday lost 2 more lbs. Yeah Me!

Bandit2 How is the hot yoga ? I have heard we have a place here now. Have done yoga at the Y a few times my wrists aren,t that strong, and I giggle too much.
Judy Think veggie dishes at the buffet!
Princess1122 Hope the weather and your pains improve.
I am off to the WW meeting (only weighed in yesterday) then to the Y for some cardio, must do some house cleaning too! Trying to avoid that.

Have a great Saturday.
Terri
Old 02-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #7  
Chick

Princess, I hope your back heals up over the weekend. :

Terri, I just looked at your tracker and you broke into onederland!!!!!! Weigh to go! Fabulous. When I did that, I felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. And : for your next 2# down weight loss. You're rippin'! Good for you. Nothing like success to keep you going.

I've had such nice days lately. The food is better and although I don't like to exercise, I've gotten on the 4 out of 5 days. That's big for me.
The struggle to eat is still there, but now if I know that I'm hungry, I'll eat fruit. I bought lots of fresh berries----strawberries and blueberries and even some raspberries. Yum My dh is counting calories and I'm trying to help him.

Nothing much to write about. All my nice groups like my writing group, book club have been cancelled because of the snow. Hopefully the snow coming in today won't amount to much and we can still attend the baptism tomorrow.

Okay everybody, have a great weekend and keep on keepin' on!
Judy
Old 02-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all. I got on the scale yesterday morning and it was ugly, just plain ugly, no one to blame except myself... so I am back on track, I do not feel up to going to cycle class today, still having a lot of pain in my shoulder and back and now my neck is joining in the fun - will just take it easy and concentrate on the eating part of it... control what I can and the rest will come I guess.

We have a mexican themed super bowl party to go to this evening... ugh, really just don't even want to go but DH does so I will. Was asked to bring something sweet so will purchase something at Sam's Club and not make it, that will help, and then just leave it at the party and not bring anything home.

Have a great day everyone and stay safe and warm!
Old 02-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

So weigh in was today. I gained a tiny amount of weight. So it could have been worse. I guess I did a little too much nibbling on snacks. I am trying to really track everything and actually exercise this week.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #10  

Morning all and happy Monday! Real quick post as I need to get my nose to the grind-stone here... My eating was terrible over the weekend and my exercise just plain did not happen... will keep trying... Have a great day all.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #11  

Morning turtles

Hope everyone enjoyed Super Bowl & did overdo it too much.

I had Mexican food Fri night with my ladies group & it was good, but very
heavy & rich. I brought home 1 of the enchaladas & had for lunch on Sat
after my hot yoga which was exactly what I needed, felt so good.

My weekend was basically spent mostly eating - was at my cousins Sat night for a bbq & I tood a broccoli/cauliflower dish but still too much food overall.

So back at it today but I do feel bloated. Planning on a big walk tonight

Hope you all recover from the weekend goodies.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #12  

I meant to say "didn't overdo it" sorry!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #13  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Weird day yesterday. Went to a baptism for a baby in the family. Very nice. Then to a posh restaurant for the reception. Too much food, too slow service, too much to eat, too much salt. Whine , whine, whine!!!! I am staying off the scale today, will get on , will eat right. This is the best I can do. for all of us. We're the greatest.

This weight loss journey is so tricky, but we all know we need to try every day and all of a sudden we get that "click" that motivates us to try baby steps and apply the things we have learned that work for us in the past.

The weather will change. The snow will go away. The pounds will come off . Yay!

Princess, hang in there. The click will happen sooner than later.

Bandit, you had an eating weekend, but you seemed to handle it well.

I knew the reception would be tricky, but I ate "before" the fact again. I've got to give myself the positive self talk so I won't do that again.

Best to everyone.
Lizzie, how are you?
Life4evr, keep on keepin' on.
Peanutt, any news?
Aunt Loopy, I know you usually check in tomorrow. Looking forward to what you discovered.
To all the Turtles, I've gotta run, but make today the best day you can!
:
Judy
Old 02-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #14  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Hi all! Whew, what a Sunday!

My church has agreed to provide monthly chaplaincy services to a local nursing home. This is in addition to my fulltime work as a chaplain at a different facility, which is overseen directly by my bishop as a separate self-contained congregational unit. So technically I'm the pastor of the nursing home's "church", and also a member of another congregation individually with participation on the pulpit ministry team there also.

Methodist circuit riding -- it didn't die out in the 1700s after all!

The funny thing is that I walked right into the new place, and felt perfectly at home. The same authority structure, the same challenges and tasks to fulfill, some of the residents had personalities which matched exactly to "my" parishioners, etc. They are so grateful to have one Sunday service per month, while my own parishioners have learned to take it for granted that I'll be there three days a week, visit them in the hospital, etc. But then again, I'm not there to be appreciated, I'm there to serve God's people.

I have chapel envy, too. This facility has a dedicated chapel which is quite lovely, with icons, fake stained glass, an altar table with gorgeous paraments, and lots of other nice stuff. My "chapel" is a dining room, and on Sundays I have to move all the furniture after breakfast and have it back together before lunch. I carry my communion supplies in a Rubbermaid satchel from home. My office is a closet which I share with three other people! But as the activities director at the new place said, they'd gladly trade the chapel for a chaplain.

Anyways, between my busy Sunday and the fact that we had a Youth Group movie night this weekend (with me providing significant mileage in transportation to and from the event), I am just about exhausted.

I really noticed this weekend how activity affects my hunger levels. I'm not one of those people who is less hungry after they've been moving around for awhile. I have been ravenous since Movie Night on Friday (where I successfully avoided pizza and fresh-baked cookies made in the church's toaster oven, in favor of my planned meal at home), and my meals haven't been putting a dent in the hunger levels at all. I'm hesitant about starting to use activity points, because I never really get up to the aerobic level except when moving the dining hall furniture and wheeling patients into the church service and back to their rooms. But I can definitely see that exercise really does matter. Last week, when I lost 6 pounds, I had been shoveling snow day after day, plus my regular work. Oddly enough, I didn't get overly hungry then, as I did this weekend. Being a chaplain = shoveling two feet of snow? Seems unlikely. But then again, perhaps I'm selling myself short.

Oh yay, more snow is predicted for tomorrow. So I'm on my way to markt for a bread/milk/produce run, and downtown for some hospital visitation. It's really interesting to recognize that now I get worried if I'm running out of bananas when snow is predicted (it used to be chocolate candy). Trying to decide whether to stop in to W/I today, since Wednesday is supposed to be really tough weather-wise. Either way, it's all good. Onward and downward!
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:08 AM   #15  

Happy Tuesday/Welcome back cold weather!

Itryharder -Onederland! Didn't feel the welcome. Wasn't over for too long gained about 8 lbs ? between Nov-Jan. Biggest I've ever been, never weighed over 200. So as glad as I was,to cross back over, I still was thinking I can't believe that I weighed over 200. Moving on!!!!
Auntloopy I can relate to the banana thing! I panick when I get down to 2, regardless of the weather.
Did pretty good at Superbowl, I don't really like shrimp and this was in most of the dishes. Still feel all salted up. On a good note I won the pool! Don't even really know much about football! New a guy that was a Greenbay Packer back in the 70's so figured I go Greenbay!.

Hope everyone has a good day, Y tonight for deepwater aquafit.
Lots of veggies and water today. Weigh in Wed!

Terri