Old 02-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Default Momentum - Week 2

Hi Everyone!

Thought I'd give an update on how I did the second week since switching back to Momentum.

This week I tracked faithfully, worked out almost everyday, ate my AP's and 15 WP's. I lost 2.6lbs for a total of 94.6

After I weighed in, my leader was acting strangely over excited and asked me to follow her to the back. I was thinking, 'Ok, what's going on?!' She pulls a piece of paper out of a yellow envelope, flips it over and it's a certificate signed by Florine and congratulates me on 100lbs lost! Attached to the top was a 100lb charm (I think I work harder for the charms than anything else! lol!). I will not be able to receive the certificate until I actually reach 100lbs lost but she wanted to show me because I'm so close and it really does motivate me to work harder.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #2  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

Ahhh!! I'm so excited for you!!!!
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #3  
Wishful shrinking

S/C/G: 266/235/160

I am thrilled for you! On a side note, do you think Points Plus works better perhaps for people who have more weight to lose and whose points did not change that much. Those closer to goal, had an increase of 11 points per day versus people like myself (just starting out) whose points only increased by a few. That's what I think it may be. Just wondering your thoughts on it.
barbaramatafeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 246/220/146

aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee good for you!
tarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #5  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Whoo!!!! Sooooo happy for you! You're almost there!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

That is awesome!

Are you eating less than you were on PP? Or just differently? Do you know what you your points for the week would have been if you were counting on PP?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaramatafeo View Post
I am thrilled for you! On a side note, do you think Points Plus works better perhaps for people who have more weight to lose and whose points did not change that much. Those closer to goal, had an increase of 11 points per day versus people like myself (just starting out) whose points only increased by a few. That's what I think it may be. Just wondering your thoughts on it.
Thanks!

I'm not sure because when I started Weight Watchers I was on the Momentum Plan for 10 months and lost 80lbs. I was pretty big and lost over 2lbs per week. I think Points Plus is great for maintenance and I'll probably switch back once I get to goal. It seems a LOT of people are having the same complaint, they keep gaining and losing the same few pounds on Points Plus.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Whoo!!!! Sooooo happy for you! You're almost there!
Thanks!!! I never in my life thought I could EVER lose 100lbs but I'm almost there
Old 02-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
That is awesome!

Are you eating less than you were on PP? Or just differently? Do you know what you your points for the week would have been if you were counting on PP?
I looked at what I ate throughout the week and it seemed like I was eating more. Every night I had a large bag of 94% Fat Free popcorn with Kernel Seasons Ranch Seasoning, I had 1 or 2 Arnold Thins per day with egg whites or tuna, and a couple packages of Weight Watchers Rosemary & Olive Oil Pretzels. I definately ate more carbs than I would have on PP but I also followed the GHG's - Healthy oil, dairy, protein, fruits/veggies, and whole grains. I'm not a huge fruit eater so I had 1 or 2 pieces along with a ton of veggies.

I have no clue what my points would have been on PP but I'm sure on PP it would have been more because of the carbs.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Way to go Kim! That is amazing, you continue to be an inspiration.

I lost 40 or 45 on WW, then they switched to PP and I experienced what others have. I was gaining and losing the same 3 pounds, when before I had a steady loss. I think for me, my body was used to gradually lowering my calories as my weight lowered.

On PP almost everyone has the same 29 points. My three friends and I ranged in weight by 60 pounds, but all had the same number of points... it didn't make a lot of sense, and none of us did well, despite following the plan. As soon as I switched to calorie counting (which is basically like momentum) I started dropping again.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

So, pretty much, those of us who joined weight watchers post-momentum are screwed, right? Do you think it will come to a point where they will change the plan if too many people are having trouble? In your meetings, are you hearing similar themes?

The people in my meeting seem to be losing normally on PP.

Last edited by TransformingToni; 02-10-2011 at 12:41 PM.
TransformingToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful boys!

S/C/G: 331/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

If you go on Ebay, you can get all the Momentum stuff... Just FYI. I was looking, just in case.

I am giving myself 2-3 months of WW, then I might go back to my bodybugg and calorie counting.
osu2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniDMB View Post
So, pretty much, those of us who joined weight watchers post-momentum are screwed, right? Do you think it will come to a point where they will change the plan if too many people are having trouble? In your meetings, are you hearing similar themes?

The people in my meeting seem to be losing normally on PP.

I think if enough people start complaining Weight Watchers will tweak P+, especially if so many of us are having the same complaint - Gaining and losing the same few pounds every week.

You can definately do the Momentum Plan, check out E-Bay for the materials and calculator. I have a few of the old books here, I can mail you one if you inbox me your home address.

There are 4 people in my Wednesday meeting that switched back because of the same issue. I think Weight Watchers should let us switch back to the old plan or any of their older plans to figure out what is best for us. I really like Momentum and I seriously swear by it because I lost 80lbs in 10 months on that plan. Fortunately I can eat more carbs and lose weight but I think it's due to the fact that I workout so much.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shytowngal View Post
Way to go Kim! That is amazing, you continue to be an inspiration.

I lost 40 or 45 on WW, then they switched to PP and I experienced what others have. I was gaining and losing the same 3 pounds, when before I had a steady loss. I think for me, my body was used to gradually lowering my calories as my weight lowered.

On PP almost everyone has the same 29 points. My three friends and I ranged in weight by 60 pounds, but all had the same number of points... it didn't make a lot of sense, and none of us did well, despite following the plan. As soon as I switched to calorie counting (which is basically like momentum) I started dropping again.
Aww thankyou

There are so many of us having the same issues and I think we should write to the company with our complaints.

The reason Momentum works is due to the fact that roughly every 10 pounds you lose, you also go down 1 point. The smaller we are the less calories our bodies need which is why we need so many when our bodies are 200+ pounds. I started out with 34 points and am now down to 25, only 4 less than P+.

It really is calories in vs calories out
Old 02-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #15  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

When we made the switch to Points Plus...I went from 35 daily points to 46
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote