Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 12:20 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #320

God Bless America!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins and Way to Go !!
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 04-21-2003, 12:23 PM   #2  

Angry Hidey Ho everyone.

Good morning. I just came in to peek for a second and saw we needed a new thread. I have not even read all of the last one yet. I figured I would get this one started first.

Mary... I saw your post about your trip last night.
I am so happy you had such a wonderful time.
I really enjoyed your longggg post.

I will be back later today. So long for now.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:28 PM   #3  

Default I'm back too!

Just wanted to pop on for a second to say that hubby and I are back from our Easter weekend, country inn getaway. We had a great time and took a bunch of pictures. (I'll try and get some posted here later today or tomorrow.)

Unlike Mary, I DIDN'T resist the maplenut fudge! I had decided that this weekend was going to be a free weekend (for once) and that I would work my butt off exercising and eating well this week to make up for it! Such is the maintenance life...

Back in a bit,
Sara
Old 04-21-2003, 02:07 PM   #4  

Happy Monday?

I'm having a problem getting my butt back up on the wagon. I think I got my foot caught up in the stirrup? Someone quick pull me back on. The easter bunny won't go away!!!

Love to you all,
Sandy
Old 04-21-2003, 02:31 PM   #5  

Good afternoon everyone!

Here's to hoping that everyone had a great Easter --mine was sooo peaceful! I spent the better part of the day outdoors reflecting on the true meaning of Easter, as well as letting the cats go for a romp in the yard (and if Maintainance doesn't get to mowing soon, the next Tarzan movie can be made here !)

Anyway, despite all the less-than-perfect eating all weekend, I finally got around to weighing myself today and....

I AM DOWN THREE MORE POUNDS!!!!!!

Now how did I manage that?

Last edited by loranden; 04-21-2003 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:56 PM   #6  

Thumbs up Grr....

I HATE self-inflicted injuries! I just went out for a jog, as penance for my free weekend, and I tripped because of my stinkin' running shoes. I wore a pair that my gym gave me way back when I signed up at the gym, but until now, I had never worn jogging outside (they were my indoor gym ones). The stupid treads kept getting caught on the pavement! I fell onto concrete, tore my workout pants, scraped my knee, and hand and... I think my wrist is sprained. It hurts to type! GRRRRR! Stupid shoes!!!!

*sigh* I DID get a 45 minute jog in though. I hope I'm okay to exercise tomorrow. (I think I'll have to wear a tensor bandage on my wrist though and be careful not to exert it for a while.)

*sigh* And there I was... feeling so powerful and vibrant and fit... feeling confident jogging in a busy area, in the middle of afternoon! That'll teach me for my arrogance!

Lori: Congratulations on the 3 pound loss! That's fantastic! Doesn't it just brighten up your day to step on the scale and see a loss?

Sandy: If necessary, chuck that Easter bunny (and any of his associates) in the trash! No sense him hanging around any more... the holiday is on its way out! I find it so hard to stay OP when junkie food is so readily available... so I try and make sure it's not! Come on! Have a post-Easter cheat free week with me!

I've gotta have a shower and tend to my injuries a bit! See everyone in a bit!

Sara
HW: 270
CW: Somewhere in the 130s.

Last edited by SaraJoy; 04-21-2003 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:00 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

Hey! I'm jumping in quickly...I'll be back later,

Mary, your trip sounds like it was lovely. I've alway wanted to see New Orleans. Sounds like you and hubby had fun.

Sara, some details on your trip please! I'd like to live vicariously through all you guys' travels!

Sandy, STOP! Put that bunny ear down!!! Get the candy out of the house! Kids don't need it either! At least have them put it away. Out of sight, out of mind? Nah, that doesn't work for me either...I need to get it out of the house altogether! Think of how far you've come. And don't be discouraged. We all have setbacks. Once it's over, it's over, don't dwell on it...MOVE ON!

Okay, I have to run, I'll catch everyone else later!
Old 04-21-2003, 03:57 PM   #8  

HAPPY BELATED EASTER

Back to work had Fri, Sat and Sunday off so I wasn't around to post, sounds like everyone had a great weekend. Mine was pretty good, had Easter dinner at my house on Saturday,(my mom had to work, otherwise she would have cooked) did pretty good cooked a ham in the crockpot, made some scalloped potatoes, yams, broccoli casserole and corn, was very yummy, I'm still eating the left overs.

DS decided it was time to get up Sunday morning at 5:30am must be a 5yr old thing, all he wanted for Easter was a cap gun, ( I should have stopped at that, there's so much candy in the house right now) so at 5:30am I here this popping noise going off and I'm like why couldn't I have hid that darn gun better, I finally got up at 6:30am put on a movie took the gun away, and told him we'd search for the rest of the goodies when I get up, so went back to bed, he let me sleep till about 8:30am, by then he was vibrating ( to much sugar ). It was fun, but I love chocolate, and there's too much to tempt me, between Grandma and Grandpa and the stuff I bought, good thing DF loves chocolate more than me, he can help eat it,

I have decided as of today, to start journaling on Fit Day, again, and to not touch any more junk, like sara say's a year from now I wish I would have started today. So today is that day.
No more pop, know more chips, and I'm going to limit myself to 4 tiny chocolate easter eggs per day, ( or less, preferably none) And I'm drinking water like crazy, now if only I had a bathroom, that wasn't in another office, across the parking lot. ( not fun trying to hold it, probably not good for me to) oh well at least I'm getting my excersice running back and forth to the washroom.

Mary sounds like you had an awsome weekend, I would love to do something like that, need to get my bills straightened up so I can put money away, and plan something. Sara glad you had fun to.

Congrats to all you losers, once again I hope to be a loser come next Monday, I some how managed to remain in the same weight range give or take 2lbs, Not sure how I've mangaed that, I've been eating like a pig, but once again I am going to start losing this weight, I find that when I lose 20lbs, I feel great get comfortable, at my new weight, and start slacking off, and then I start feeling fat and bloated and yucky again, and I have to realize that I may have just lost 20lbs but I have alot more to lose, and I need to keep on losing to feel great all of the time. Make any sense ??

Anyways, I should get back to work, and the potty's calling once again.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:57 PM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Well, tomorrow is a new day --- Thank goodness. I really lost control today. I had such a blue morning and felt yucky so I left work early. Then on my way home I stopped to pick up some groceries and this piece of chocolate cake somehow found it's way into my cart. So, I went home and crawled into bed with the dogs and ate cake. Have I lost my mind???? As if that wasn't bad enough, DH brought me KFC for dinner.

I'm just going to pretend today didn't happen and get my act together in the morning.

I hope you all had a better day than I did!!!! Wishing you all a wonderful night!!!! I am going to hide under the covers now and face life in the morning.
Old 04-21-2003, 11:20 PM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Just a quickie to let you know that I am still alive. I have so much that I want to say to a bunch of you, but I just don't have the time right now.

I did want you to know that my WI (not Wisconsin) was this morning and I was down 2.5 pounds. Gosh, I guess I love my new 'journalling bracelet". Here's me doing the happy dance. I actually got on my home scale and it would weigh me this morning for the first time in months and months. WooHOO! I'm exactly 2.5 pounds heavier on the WW scale, but that is with clothes and my tennies on, so understandable. I always use the WW weight to keep track anyway. I am really excited though because now I can become a scale jumper once again. You have no idea (well, maybe Sandy does) of how much I've missed that!!!

Anyway, I must get some sleep. The oldest graduates a week from Saturday and I'm taking him suit shopping tomorrow.

Love to all.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:42 AM   #11  

Talking Check it out Chickies!

Hey all!

Hubby and I just made up a quick website with a few before and after pictures and a special video greeting for all you lovely ladies! Check it out at www.regnsara.com/skinnymini !

I do have to apologise to Sandy and Jen and Michelle and Duckie though. When I made the quick video this weekend (on the spur of the moment), I somehow forgot you guys in my list of names on the video! Sorry! Next video I make, you'll be at the top of the list!

That webpage, btw, is NOT the one I've been talking about making... it's just one we made up quickly to display the pictures from this past weekend!

Thin: Congratulations on the loss! That's great news!

Sara
HW: 270
CW: Somewhere in the 130s

Last edited by SaraJoy; 04-22-2003 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-22-2003, 01:33 AM   #12  

Oooo la la..... Sara you look lovely !!!!!!
I could only see the top 3 photos.
The rest were red x's .
I right clicked on them and then hit show picture and the rest came up.
BUT... the video would not play.
You just look sooooo marvelous. Showing a little skin too. LOL
I hope you recover from your injuries soon. Take care.
Thin....Congratulations on your 2.5lb LOSS.
I think that bracelet may help solve your journaling problem.
WAY TO GO !!!!! My baby girl graduates May 20th.

Barb... there is not a darn thing you can do about the cake now... just put it in the past and focus on TODAY. You know you can do this. You have been doing it. Don't stress over it... learn from it.

Duckie... you too have been doing great. Never give up.
Drinking lots of water will definitely help. Where do you work that you have to go into a different building for a bathroom??

Kat... I am still waiting for you to "catch us later".

Lori... Congratulations on 3 more pounds. AWESOME !!!

Sandy.... you haven't been back since telling us the Easter bunny is holding your captive. Give him a swift kick in the and send him on his way. YOU are more powerful than some wimpy bunny who turns to mush in the sun. Show him that side of you that protects your kids. I guarantee he will hop away from MOTHER SANDY. LOL

Okay.. unless I am mistaken... that is everyone on this thread.
The rest of you come in here and catch us up on your lives.
GOOD or BAD.... we are here to support each other. I miss you.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:14 AM   #13  

Hello all!

I am having a really bad time right now. Ever since Saturday night when I drank with my husband, I had 8 straight shots, well that put me over on points by about 10. Well then Sun. of course being Easter, I went over by about 4 points and then today, I just couldn't seem to stop. All I want to do is eat. And it seems to be everything in sight. I need some serious help. I haven't lost my drive, I just don't feel real great and can't seem to get enough. It seems like I am always hungry. I know I sounded great the other day, I went for 3 walks and then now I sound like I am ready to throw it all away. I think weather might have alot to do with it. It is still rainy and cold here, we had one nice day and now it is lousy. I need a lift. Or some magic.

Sara: I have to say you look absolutely beautiful! You still inspire me. I just want to know how you keep it going. How do you get back on when you go off?? How do you keep that drive? How do you change your bad habits??I know you don't have all the answers, but you did it, and I just want to know how. No pressure.

Well tomorrow is a new day, I hope it gets better. I will give it an all star try.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:47 AM   #14  
a work in progress...

2cute...I never got back here yesterday because I was making a conscious effort to stay off the computer until I was done with what I had to do. (I had a LOT to do!) I never sat down til dinner and then afterwards, my son and dh and i watched "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets." Plus, I would not let myself eat my lunch while reading posts, (what I usually do) so that cut into my time drastically! I have decided to work on a few of my bad habits... eating while on the PC is definitely one of them...another biggie is reading while i eat. Bad, bad, bad. If I'm done eating before I'm done with the article/chapter/page, I have to get "just a little bit more...." Somehow, they never balance out, and I just keep eating and eating. It was kind of weird sitting at the kitchen table, eating my lunch, and that was all. Good lunch, too...Easter egg salad, over a tossed salad, a handful of baby carrots, an orange and a glass of milk. It doesn't seem like a lot, (well, to ME anyway!) but it lasted a long time and I enjoyed every bite because i was focused on eating and nothing else.

Deon...in the immortal words of Yoda..."Do or do not. There is no try." Just start again. No guilt, no looking back. BTW~8 shots??? Please tell me you weren't driving!

Sara...you little cutie, you! It was so cool to hear your voice! I thought that it didn't download, so I went back to typing and all of a sudden this cute little Canadian voice starts talking to me! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend. Love that bathtub shot! I hope you have recovered from your "spill." Ouch! Be careful!

Duckie, that bathroom situation would make me crazy! But at least you're getting exercise, traipsing on over there!

Thin...you are on a roll, woman! That bracelet really seems to have done the trick for you!

Lori, congrats on the loss!

Barb, forget the cake, that was yesterday, this is today. No guilt, it won't change anything. Just start again.

Sandy, tell that Easter Bunny to take a hike!! If you don't, he's going to be putting his big ol' paw on the scale during one of your weigh-ins!

So that's everyone so far...come out, come out all the rest of you!

I'm trying something new this week...No counting of calories or points. No journaling. No obsessing over the diet. Just common sense eating, following these guidelines: Lots of water. Protein at each meal. Lots of veggies. Fresh fruit. No processed foods or white stuff: sugar, flour, rice. EAT ONLY WHEN HUNGRY. Daily exercise. That's it. Yesterday went well. I haven't eaten yet today, but I'm having visions of an egg white omelet with mushrooms and cheese... I'm making myself drool, I'd better go!

Have a good one all! Make it a great day, you have the power!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 04-22-2003 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:55 AM   #15  

I'm here girls,

The easter bunny had a hold of me!! Okay it wasn't the easter bunny, it was my own self eatting everything in site!! I ate so much, I can't remember all of it, but I do know there was some regular Sour Cream & Onion Chips (one of my old downfalls), some nobake cookies and lord only knows all I ate, seems like it just kept going and going. The scale numbers were not kind this morning, Im hoping some of it was water from the salt in the ham and the chips, I hope that by my weigh in day Thursday I am back to my last weeks weight that is already posted. Boy, old ways sure come back quick. I have been lax on the journaling too, so today I am recommiting, restarting, re something to myself to start again. I need to get back that gungho feeling I had when I started. Yesterday is gone and there is nothing that can be done about it, but today I can control and I will control!!!

Sara, I will totally forgive you for not saying my name, but I can't get to the video to hear it be forgotten. I have it downloaded it says done, but nothing has started so I have it just sitting there in hopes that maybe it will start....LOL...but wowzers the pictures are great!! You surely are an inspiration. How old are you? You look younger in your after pictures. I mean you were a pretty girl even with the weight, but now you are even prettier. Does hubby love it or what!!!

Kat: I thank you for your concern about me and the bunny, but I think I have kicked him in the a$$ and out the door like you and 2cute both suggested! Besides, if I have to sit and analyze it, the candy and stuff did not make me feel any better, if anything I hated myself more with every bite cause I knew I was undoing all I had done.

2cute: I'm taking over and the bunny is gone!!!! I am back to journaling and pointing and exercise and whatever else it will take to get to the new me eventually! Thanks for your concern and the advice about the bunny.

I am making myself start writting in my journal here on the 3fc site again too, I have been very lax about that too.

Thin: Congrats on the 2.5#'s...you go girl!! And scale hopping? It's a sickness with me.... , but your welcome to join if you want, it is better than food/alcohol addiction anyday. I mean if all I have to worry about is being addicted to the scales then boy what a life I have. Your new bracelet must be working.

Duckie: I'm in your corner all the way. You will loose the weight with the rest of us. Sorry about the bathroom being so far away, I know when I drink my water like I should I'm in there all the time. But remember on your walks to the potty to take nice deep breaths of fresh air outside, they say that helps cleanse the soul?

Deon: Climb back on up here with the rest of us. You can't do anything about the past or so, just work on today and the next. You can do it.

Barb: As you can see, a few of us have been struggling this weekend into the week.........but now we are gonna start again, and that is all we can do. You can do it too with the rest of us!!!

lori: Maintenece doing the mowing? Do you live in a condo type thing or what? Around this place I am the maintenance crew...LOL, sometimes hubby joins in . We have a huge front lawn, huge side lawns and well a good size back lawn. On the riding mower it takes a good hour or so to do it all. And yes, I have had to just use the walk behind mower before too, and that takes like 2 hours or more. Good exercise though. Anyway, hope they mowed for you.

Well chickys I'm off before I loose this post!!! And I will be back lots today, it's my day off and I need to keep coming here for my fix just like I used to do, it keeps me going!!!

to you all!!!
Closed Thread