Old 02-07-2011, 07:50 AM   #1  

Default Weekly Chat - Feb 7-13

New thread
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:57 AM   #2  

Surprised a new thread hadn't been started. Hope you don't mind.

Lots of work in store for today. It concerns drywall.

Sandra, my leader gave me a pamplet, similar to the weekly thing they give out with Simply Filling info. Ask for that. I got it the 1st week I joined, which was the week the new p+ went into effect. I am holding steady on my weight. I saw my new ticker when I was reading the biggest loser thread. I think it's so cute with the celery and apple.

Not been getting my veggies and fruit in though. Even been forgetting to take my heart meds. I do this when we get busy on a project.

Welcome Rachel. You will find great support here.

ems, I'm slow losing too. Just think, 8 lbs gone, and you don't have to deal with them anymore.

I'm not into football and didn't even watch the commercials. I am seeing a few on the Today show.

Rhonda, my husband would love your southern meal.

Oh, about the reduced bread. No limit per day, but as with anything, moderation is the key.

Last edited by pam920; 02-07-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm off and running again today. I have Jenny today; a slight gain again from my stress eating during the blizzard and then for a cut and color. That should make me feel great and make me get back on program. Actually I've been back on program for two days but too little too late!

Welcome, Rachael. You're going to love it here. We love each other and try to be supportive no matter the program. I started doing Core back in 2004 when it came out; lost 50 pounds, my best friend died and and I gained it all back. I ADORE core but needed to learn portion control. I'd actually stopped losing before she died because I did NOT know how to stop when satisfied. So for the last couple of years, I've been on Jenny Craig. Her food is not great and processed. I actually hate that I'm on it because I love my own cooking, even the healthy food. And, I don't want to eat processed food. BUT....Jenny has taught me portion control and I needed that lesson desperately. I'm transitioning very slowly back to Core. When I get closer, I'm going to rejoin WW. Jenny got that 50 pounds back off of me again but I still have another 100 pounds to lose so I have no business resting on my laurels.

Nancy, I'm SO happy Robin is feeling good enough to go hunt down some food.

Love and light to everyone else. Sloan, you made me laugh out loud. I'm SOOOOO glad I didn't have any liquid in my mouth when you said it could be worse that I'd have Frosty the Snowman sitting on the couch next to me. So true, my friend. I'm trying to keep that in perspective. And, when I was complaining about it, I was thinking about poor Nancy and Robin. How they would love to have my troubles.

Gotta run girls!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all:

Pam, thanks for starting the new thread this week.

All is well here with the frigid weather, at least until tomorrow/Wednesday when the forecast includes colder temperatures and more sleet and snow.

This week I'm going to continue my attempt at 40-40-20 with the percentage distribution of protein, carbs and fats, keeping fat at 30 grams per day, as much as possible.

For what it's worth, I'm cutting bananas from my diet for a while. I love them, but they have a bad rap as far as belly fat is concerned. I don't know that it is true, but I can give them up for a while. If I can't, I'll freeze them and just put pieces in my protein shakes instead of eating a whole one.

I am also supposed to get my new training routine from my trainer and I am excited about that. Did I brag to you that I chest pressed 85 pounds (with trainer spotting me)? I tried to repeat that yesterday and could do only 65 before my right arm said "enough already!". I love moving heavy things around

BBL
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, you are TOOOOOO impressive! I'm supposed to be in the shower to go to JC, but I don't want to go. Instead I'm sitting here researching attic insulation and venting!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #6  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

YOO HOO from across the pond Rachael. You are very welcome.

Awww Nancy I'm so happy for you and Robin. It will be lovely for the two of you to have some 'us' time now.

Busy day here, that's why I'm late posting (5.30pm) We had to go to the DIY store, more paint and some moulding for around a door.
Since we had the new double glazing, the new central heating and re insulated the attic we never know what the weather is like. We went out of the front door this morning and had a heck of a shock, the wind nearly blew us back in. It is dreadful here, howling gales and lashing rain. We will be having an early night with our library books and electric blanket.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Pam, thank you for the info on SF. I am seriously thinking of getting that pamphlet tomorrow. The downside is I don't want to wi tomorrow afternoon. I may have a Pass I can use. If so, I'll definitely use it. I am totally against late day wi's. I'm enjoying the BL board here, too. Love the info on light bread on SF!!!!

Vickie, it's so good to see you here. You have a fun day planned. Enjoy your new cut and color. Wish we could see photos. I'm off in a bit to get a pedi/mani.

Why am I here now? I got to school this morning just ahead of the teacher I was to sub for. He said he found out last minute that he didn't need to go to San Antonio and didn't know who to call. He now has my number in his cellphone. I'm usually his sub. (Ag Teacher) I came back home and went back to bed. Life is good!! Oh! I did tell him I would get even probably by hiding all his pencils next time I subbed for him.

Rhonda, you are a very dedicated/determined woman. Will you rub a little of your dust onto me?

JoJo, enjoy your evening relaxing, reading, and staying toasty.

I am back op today after double dipping in the dips last night. Since my subbing was cancelled today, I wish I had had more wine. Oh, well.... Next time!!

Tomorrow will be a subbing day. If I'm not wiped out afterwards, I'm going to WW to get the SF pamphlet. BBL
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #8  
beachbum

MOVING MY OLD POST TO THE NEW ONE

Hi Ladies

Had a very busy weekend that I had not time to get on the board. Had no idea who won the super bowl as I was watching the golf tournament. Don't like football that much sorry.

This morning I going to the vitamin store and pick up the vitamins and supplements that I ran out of when we had the terrible snowstorms.

Went with my friends to see the Kings Speech Movie yesterday for a early show. Hope that the actor that played the king & his speech therapist are among the actors that up for nomination.That must a been a tough time to be able to play at part like that.

Have to go,hope I will be able to read last weeks post and this weeks to answer each one of you.

Got all my errands done and now I'm making a beef stew,for a few meals this month.

See you guys in the morning
Old 02-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #9  

Hey guys ..I got a bit more cleaning & laundry done today and a few errands.
I returned a new vacuum that was turning off every few minutes so now I am still deciding what vacuum to buy.. Anyone have one you love ??
My old one will do for now til I decide.

Robin's appetite is picking up but some foods taste strange . We are trying to find the common theme for what taste right & bad but so far it seems really random . Friends have been bringing meals which has been a big help.

When he goes to Duke for the Stem Cell Transplant he will be there a month so I am trying to get organized to prepare for that. Duke is about 30 minutes from us. I want to come up with healthy food that I can take & put in the frig there (they have one for caregivers) to keep me from picking up fast food that month. I think I will be coming home at night as they frown on staying overnight there. Can anyone think of ideas to add to this list

Yogurts, cheese sticks, nuts, protein shakes, boiled eggs, single serving homemade soups to microwave there, fruit..

Our daughter from Ca will be here Thursday but we just found out that the Dr wants Robin back in the hospital Friday. The boys & my brother were also planning to come home this weekend ..We are going to ask the Dr tomorrow at our appt if we can delay the admission til Monday..

Everyone asks how can they help but I am so stressed and disorganized right now it is hard to know what to ask of people. Food is obvious..
My house is dirty which bothers me ..so maybe that is what I need help with.

Last edited by nancy237; 02-07-2011 at 08:08 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:57 PM   #10  

Nancy, whatever you do is going to be OK. Your list of food sounds really good. Do you like salty snacks? If so, pretzel sticks are good in moderation.

My experience was that friends sometimes got confused. I remember wishing that someone would just show up and clean my house or do my laundry. I can relate.

My favorite vacuum cleaner by far is the Dyson ball for animals. It's been worth absolutely every penny.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:06 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

Nancy, it's good that you and Robin will have so many family members around. How long will your daughter be able to stay? Your snacks sound good. How about microwave popcorn?

I forgot to do any exercise biking yesterday. Here's today's:

Monday
(I almost forgot to do any today.)
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:26 AM   #12  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Nancy When our daughter started to show signs of autism, she didn't sleep more than an hour's capnap at a time for many months. The house got dusty, messy and just plain grubby, ironing piled up, windows were left uncleaned etc etc. This got me down more than anything else. When friends asked what could they do to help I asked (very embarrassed by the way) if they could do something about tidying up. People jumped at it. They had all felt helpless just watching what was happening and loved the chance to do something practical. Resut? A lovely sparkling clean house. Hoover: Dyson pethair one, because labradors shed like there is no tomorrow.

Ps. Thanks too Pam I've found a whole new lot of tickers and they are easier to manage. Hope you don't mind me copying you Pam

Last edited by jojo23; 02-08-2011 at 02:11 AM.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:53 AM   #13  

good morning chicks. Getting ready to drink my second cup of coffee. The scale was good this morning. I doubt I will have a loss come Thursday, as I haven't exercised at all this week.

Sandra, you are doing really well with your bicycle. I'm impressed.

Rhonda, I couldn't bench press 10 lbs, lol. I am so weak.

Vicki, did you make it to JC?

Maryann, there you are. Your beef stew sounds so good. Thinking about making a pot of chili, but all that sodium will not play good with my WI on Thursday.

Nancy, I have a Kenmore canister vacuum. I love it, but I have all hard surface floors. My sis has a Dyson, and loves hers. She has 3 Springers, so it's great for pet hair.

jojo, glad you found a new ticker. I hope it's easier to update than my last one.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chickies! I am home, yet again, for another snow day, and we have another snow forcasted for tomorrow! I have been reading about y'all's progress, and I feel like a pig! I feel like I must sound like a broken record. For the last year, I've been whining about the same thing. I lose a couple of pounds then gain one back. I am not going in the right direction. I don't want to make excuses, but maybe the seven funerals I have been to in the last ten months has something to do with it. I really need to do some soul searching, and get myself on track.

Welcome Rachel! We are glad to have you here

Nancy, I am loving the picture of you and Robin "puttering" around the house. I'm so glad you have had this time at home. Hopefully, the doc will change Robin's admission date so y'all can have some time with the kiddos.

Hey to the rest of you chickies!!!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #15  

Good morning:

Last week every tap class and practice session was cancelled because of the weather and today we had just about forgotten the new dances! Two of the six can remember everything, but the other four of us forget about half!

I've already eaten all but 5 grams of the fat that I allow myself. It's the eggs I ate for breakfast, should'a had egg whites. Oh well. Last night DH wanted real popcorn made with oil and we had it, so today I really need to watch the fat intake.

Pam, you may not be able to bench press but it sounds like you can wield a few tools around. That's not nothing!

Sloan, don't be too hard on yourself. You'll make your goal a priority. What a lot of snow you have

BBL