Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 02-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #1  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default WHAT A DIFFERENCE One Month makes, 22.8 LBS Gone, Swam 1 Mile

well...jan. 2011 has come and gone...and i made the best of it!
i lost
:
22.8 pounds
in the month of jan.
woohoo!!

zumba is really getting me stronger!! but i have to say, its the swimming that is working for me the best!! i just feel me legs getting stronger.

last year...i could barely walk to the mailbox and back, as i had nothing to hold on to...i could not go grocery shopping without holding on to the buggy, and i was becoming something of a recluse...as the more weight i gained, the more i "hid" in the house....i medicated myself with food, kept away from family functions, pretty much sat in the house ...
all day,
every day.

so far this year i can:

WALK 1 mile without holding on to ANYTHING!!

SWIM 1 MILE WITHOUT STOPPING, except for a few 15-30 SECONDS mini rests in between several laps at a time

BIKE on the exercise bike 15 miles NON-STOP!! in about 48 mins...using the interval training level 3 ranging from resistence 5-8. (which is pretty darn good)

CYCLE...on my bicycle around town for an hour and a half NON-STOP...and not even be out of breath!!

CURL 15 pound weights with one arm!!!

I CAN DO 2 REGULAR PUSH UPS, almost 3! this may not seem like much, but before, if i got myself on the floor, (and not by accidentally falling there) i had to get help getting back up!! i didn't even have the strength to pull myself OFF the floor, let alone do a push up!!

I CAN ZUMBA AN ENTIRE CLASS!!! 45 MINS!! and barely miss a beat.

for all these things i am extremely thankful!!
i love all you beautiful ladies...
we are all in this struggle together
and i pray that we all reach our individual goals this year!

THiS iS MY YEAR!!

BOOOYAH!!

rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

WOW! Great work!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/169/149

Height: 5'5"

Wow! I did my first Zumba class a few weeks ago, and regardless of the fact that I'm used to pretty intense workouts (I'm a martial artist), I was feeling it in less than ten minutes.

What accomplishments! Keep up the great work!
AriRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #4  
Feed Your Freedom

thank you lindsey and ari i am just getting stronger and stronger every day...and i will not back down!!

THiS iS MY YEAR!! and i will keep telling myself that until 50 pounds are gone, and then 100 pounds are gone...and then until i am at goal...and then until the day i die!!

THiS iS MY YEAR!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:18 PM   #5  

Wow, just wow. I am still having difficulties with exercise. How did you start??

And how do you continue to find the time to do all that? I can barely carve out a half hour of "me" time a week.
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #6  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunti View Post
Wow, just wow. I am still having difficulties with exercise. How did you start??

And how do you continue to find the time to do all that? I can barely carve out a half hour of "me" time a week.
bunti...
when i started...i started walking...i would walk to the mail box and back 2 times...then a little further each day. my hubby got the car and mapped out .5 miles for me. so i would try that...but it took a week before i could do it. on week 2 and 3 i walked .5 miles, each time getting a little faster. first time was 22 mins, then 17, then 14, then 13:11 secs!! almost half the time. that was in december. in jan. i was able to start going to a gym that had an indoor track. i did .5 miles, then added one more lap each day until i had worked up to 20 laps, which is 1 mile on the indoor track.

for biking, it was easier, as i was supported by the seat...and didn't have to "carry" my weight. my first time, i rode 7 miles in 25 mins. i do the interval biking on intervals 3, which changes the pace every 3 mins. from 5 tension, up to 8 tension. biking is easy for me. being brave enough to get on my real bike and ride the streets was more difficult that the actual riding....although, i'm not good on stopping!! haha i have to stop and jump down fast to keep my balance. it feels amazing to have the wind in my hair. i go riding every chance i can outside.

i started doing deep water aerobics 3 times a week...but it became too slow for my pace, so i switched to swimming laps...i do this 4 times a week, for 1 hr. at the gym. sometimes, i go over the hour because i love swimming, and i feel like a skinny lady in the water! i may look like a whale but i swim like a dolphin!! haha

for the weights, i had to start very slow!! i started on day one with 2.5 weights!! i was a weakling. week 2 i went to 5 lbers. then 7.5 pounders. by the end of that week. week 3 i easily went to 10 lbers, and by wek 4 i skipped the 12.5 pounders adn went straight to 15 pounders. those are about perfect for me....so i ordered some to have at home. i bought them on ebay, the hex shaped rubber ones with the chrome handles just like the ones at the gym. now, i use them all the time...when commercials on on if i am watching a movie, etc...while watching the show the biggest loser, i now ride my exercise bike an hour, and then do the weights for 20 mins.

i do zumba 3 times a week, in the mornings. when i first started zumba, the first of jan...i could only do about 15 mins. even that was HARD. little by little i kept being able to do more. each week i got stronger, and stayed a little longer. i never gave up!!!

if you want to, you can find the time. you just have to make the time. even sitting at the computer, i do leg lifts under the table and isometric exercises.

now, i won't even watch anything on tv, unless i am giving it my best in exercises. i get up and put on music, and dance during commercials! haha its hilarious...but it has become a challenge, to see just what i can do in the commercial time!!

THIS IS MY YEAR!!

just keep asking yourself, how bad do you want it?? thats what others kept telling me, if you want it bad enough, you will make the time.

now, i make the time....grabbing every 15 mins i can!
hugs
susan

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 02-06-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #7  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Susan,

I.am.SO.very.proud.of.you! You go girl!!!!! I can tell how happy you are, and you are doing an amazing job!

I've spent the weekend bragging about my progress (in exercising and being able to do things I wasn't able to in the beginning) and you have SOOOO many progress markers that I know you must feel like a million bucks!

You have lost almost 35lbs!! 50 is right around the corner!!!! Can't you tell how happy I am for you

Go Susan, shake your booty, Go Susan, shake your booty!
MyBodyisMyTemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #8  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBodyisMyTemple View Post
Susan,

I.am.SO.very.proud.of.you! You go girl!!!!! I can tell how happy you are, and you are doing an amazing job!

I've spent the weekend bragging about my progress (in exercising and being able to do things I wasn't able to in the beginning) and you have SOOOO many progress markers that I know you must feel like a million bucks!

You have lost almost 35lbs!! 50 is right around the corner!!!! Can't you tell how happy I am for you

Go Susan, shake your booty, Go Susan, shake your booty!
GIRLFRIEND....YOU ARE RIGHT THERE BESIDE ME!!
WE GOT THIS BABY!!
BOOYAH!!

THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!

woohoooo
Old 02-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 211/see ticker/145

Wow Susan!!! Congrats!!! Thats amazing!!! This is definitely your year! Keep it up! =)
kneed2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #10  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneed2lose View Post
Wow Susan!!! Congrats!!! Thats amazing!!! This is definitely your year! Keep it up! =)
thank you sooooooooo much kneed2lose i wish you all the success on your journey too
Old 02-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #11  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

WOW awesome accomplishments! You're doing a great job.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #12  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinFit View Post
WOW awesome accomplishments! You're doing a great job.
thanks gettinfit!!! been missing your posts in the red team thread!! how are you?
Old 02-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #13  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

WTG SUSAN!!! You're right, this is our year! You're an inspiration!
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #14  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
WTG SUSAN!!! You're right, this is our year! You're an inspiration!
peanutt!!! YOU ROCK!! thanks so much...i am totally determined!!
THIS IS OUR YEAR!!
WOOOHOOOOOO
Old 02-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #15  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

AWESOME! Keep rocking it!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote