Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-05-2011, 02:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Default weight loss really can work wonders on your health!!

I have been blacking out and getting really dizzy lately. I thought that maybe it was vertigo (sice I do suffer with that ocassionally). However it just kept getting worse and worse. My friend mentioned tha it could be low blood pressure. I have been medicated for very high bp for years now so I didn't think that could be possible(even with my weight loss). I went ahead and checked it though... and it was 90 over 50 . I checked the charts and that is actually hypotension #s... yikes!! Needless to say, I am not taking my meds tonight and am making an appt with my doctor asap. I am so excited that this could mean that I don't need medication anymore!! (yay for weight loss actually positively affecting my health!) And, I am also glad that I didn't wait until my bp got so low that it was a real problem. Hopefully the fainting and dizziness will go away very soon!!
southernbelle102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #2  
Smile :)

S/C/G: 180/Ticker/Ticker

Height: 5'8"

I've always had a normal healthy blood pressure but since losing weight and working out regularly my lowest bp has been 90/62 and my resting heart rate is 52. I've gotten these checked out and everythings fine, my heart is just finally working the way its supposed to, not overtime lol
KellyMarie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Congrats!!!

The same thing happened to my father when he lost weight, he could lower his BP medicine (I think he doesn't even take it now!).
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Ah, that is one of my goals too! Yay you for getting healthier!!!!!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #5  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

That's great I was able to get off my blood pressure, and cholesterol meds after I lost about 40 pounds. I find that I get really dizzy when I stand up too quickly now because my blood pressure is lower than I am used to. I guess its a good thing though lol
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

If you are getting dizzy when getting up quickly it is normal. If you are dizzy and blacking out while sitting you may have more going on than low blood pressure. Ask your doctor if you have bradycardia.

Larry,
--------------
If you ate pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry? ~Author Unknown
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:37 AM   #7  

Thanks guys!
Larry, it is only when getting up from sitting or laying down. I actually have suffered from the opposite of bradycardia in the past. I have had tachycardia.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:44 AM   #8  

Fainting and dizziness only mean that you are not having a healthy diet. Losing weight can bring about a great sense of achievement and self confidence, yet it is not totally awesome when your health is deteriorating. You need to have a healthy "dieting diet" honey.
mydietingdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:25 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydietingdiets View Post
Fainting and dizziness only mean that you are not having a healthy diet. Losing weight can bring about a great sense of achievement and self confidence, yet it is not totally awesome when your health is deteriorating. You need to have a healthy "dieting diet" honey.
I'm sorry, but I must completely disagree with you. I take in between 1200 and 1600 calories every day and am making sure to get as many of those as I can in whole, natural foods. There is nothing unhealthy about that. While I appreciate your concern, I don't think you should assume that without knowing anything about a person's diet, you can make any true and educated opinions about the healthiness of it.

As my post said, my blood pressure has now stabalized (something that is GOOD for my health). I have been on meds for high bp. For a person who now has a normal blood pressure, those meds lowered it to a number that is too low. You should google the side effects of low bp. Dizziness, fainting etc are direct symptoms of low bp. That is why I have been experiencing those symptoms...and they are actually a sign that my body IS getting healthier... and it is time to get off my meds...
Old 02-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: HW 231/ S158 / C125.7/ G120

Height: 5'4"

southernbelle...how EXCITING!!! Congratulations!! Here's to no more BP meds!!!

I'm very happy for you, for all that you have accomplished truly an inspiration!
back2reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydietingdiets View Post
I disagree with this also. Fainting and dizziness are not soley caused by diet, there are MANY possible factors depending on the person. She stated she is currently on high blood pressure medication. It is completely possible that her change of lifestyle reduced her need for BP medications, and the medications she currently is taking is lowering her BP too much.
PS: Awesome job to the OP, and smart to make a Dr. Appt right away!

-A Critical Care nurse
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote