Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #1  
Livin' Like a Lucky Charm

S/C/G: 280/258.8/142

Height: 5'4''

Default Off of the Wagon :(

So, not quite a month ago, I felt like I was doing well. Then, between school and life, I fell off of the wagon. I started eating emotionally again. It was awful. I'm lucky that some days, I made okay choices. Thanks to those days, I've pretty much maintained.

Now I need support jumping back on. I want to do this. I know there will be ups and downs, but I need to focus on the ups and stick with them.

I guess I'm not asking for much, I'm just putting it out there and admitting that I didn't have the will power to be successful - yet.
Charmsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

Like any of us, you're going to have to address your relationship with food before you can make permanent changes.

Food isn't an enemy. It's not a friend. It has no emotion.

It's fuel for your body and you require it to live. Just like oxygen. And just like breathing a breath of fresh mountain air, food can be an enjoyable experience, but we can't base our emotions on it.

Step back and investigate why you are looking to food to fulfill your emotional needs and start taking steps away from that.

Gain control of yourself and the rest will fall into place.

You'll do great!
Katydid77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5'1"

I hear you. But just like Katydid said, you may want to have a look at why you eat emotionally before you do anything else. You're just gonna keep reaching for food whenever you're upset if you don't deal with the cause of your emotional eating. The good thing here is that your expressing that you really want to do this, and that's a big deal. Hang in there and good luck!
marianne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

This happens to everyone at some point! The key is to treat it as though it was just a detour, not a completely different path. You were off the highway for a bit, but now you're merging back on! It didn't cause any permanent damage, it just slowed your trip a bit. That's what works for me anyways. I don't think of this as a diet with a set of rules for a determined time until I hit a goal. I'm making changes in habits that will be in place for the rest of my life, so I'm bound to screw up every once in awhile. (And boy did I screw up this week, but I'm back on making good decisions this week. And I'm making mental notes about what caused the slip up and how it effected my system.) Congrats on maintaining for the month - that's a big step. It takes awhile to establish new habits and I think that making mistakes along the way helps cement in WHY those new habits are necessary. Have a great week and don't be so hard on yourself!
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote