Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 01:42 AM   #1  
Thin Within

Default Steel Magnolias #326

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

It has been a lovely day here this day. Got some more packing done. Little things that I won't need for a few weeks get packed.

GLORIA I can imaging how colorful your back looks right now! I am so very glad for you that no bones were broken. Goes to show that you have good strong bones but what a way to test them.

JEAN I don't know if they do use braces for back teeth but I don't think so ~ he said it would only take about 15 minutes a session and I didn't even ask because I knew by then I wasn't going to go for the experience. My front teeth have always been very straight and have stayed that way. My back ones are the ones that have shifted some through the years though. There is only one that I will probably end up breaking for I already did chip it the other day. I have had an "eating" week but will go face the music this Thursday. I can't seem to get a grip. Maybe it is the stress of moving ~ I don't feel stressed but maybe it is vesting itself in my eating now.

Have a lovely nights sleep folks.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:55 AM   #2  
One Day At A Time

Good Morning

Well, I am having a good time with my family. Sunday night had my 2 brothers and their families, DS and his family, my niece who is home on leave from the Navy, total 15 people in a very small living room. Fun - fun - fun!!!! 4 generations there.... My niece was showing her pictures from some of her first tour of duty. Norway, Crete, England, different places. We were asking her if she did any work.

I have been going home for the afternoons to spend with them. Dad usually naps and I have been watching Mom's soaps with her. Same soaps since a long time ago. I think one is from when I was living at home and that's been 32 years.. Have they really been on that long? One of the characters I recognized from then but quite a bit older.

Jean - It must be down to 29 days of school? I never thought about the teachers counting down the days like the students did.
My parents are living in Arizona. I have several family members down there now around the Phoenix area. They all get tired of Michigan weather and like the warmth. So retirement means moving to a warm climate.

Gloria - A 3 week trip sounds wonderful!!! I can hardly wait to retire and start taking long trips.
I bet those colors are rather brilliant on your hip. But I too am so glad for you that nothing was broken.

Maggie - Packing up... Sounds like you are busy. Do you know if there is a WW close to where you are moving? Moving can be very stressful. I did enough of it as a kid being a military brat. Now DH wants to move to NM when we retire. NO!!! My excuse for where he wants to go is that there is no WW there. I will be a lifetime member who needs to go every week.
I may end up needing something for my teeth too. I grind my teeth at night and my front teeth have moved forward a little. The dentist says they should all be pulled back. But I don't know... Too much money. I may just get a night guard for them... I don't like dentists... yuck!!!!

I haven't seen Donna here. Hope all is okay!!!

Gotta get to work....
Old 04-16-2003, 12:20 PM   #3  
Thin Within

Arrow Humpday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is fixin' to be a lovely day here in sunny south California. Got some typing to do for Cowboy this day so that will give me something to do....

JOYCE You know that it's funny but Will and I have talked a lot about living in NM. We love it there. Especially up around Taos. Maybe you will just have to start a WW group when and if you do move there. Yes there is a meeting where we are moving to ~ in fact it meets on Thursday evenings in the very church building where Will is going to be their new preacher. I'll get some exercise going to the meetings for it is up a bit of a hill from the house. What fun with all those people in your house! Enjoy them while they are there.

Have a lovely middle of the week everyone.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:41 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
It is cooling off and the rain has begun. I hope it is nice for the weekend as so many people have outdoor plans.

Maggie -- Beth has all kinds of boxes you could use to pack! I kept taking home copy machine paper boxes whenever I found an empty one in the workroom. I like them because they are not so big and bulky plus they have lids and stack nicely. I don't mind the packing nearly as much as the unpacking . . . nothing ever seems to fit in where it used to. Think of it as Christmas . . . a surprise in every box! I have been having "eating" weeks for quite a while and I don't know why -- maybe the stress of looking for houses and moving Beth, I don't know. Do you have an actual moving date yet?

Joyce -- I am counting the days only because I am sick of kids that have out-of-school suspension, in-school suspension, skip school and get away with it because mothers call in for them, and now we are babysitting a couple of boys who are gang wannabes; they walk the walk and talk the talk but won't do anything having to do with schoolwork. They won't even bring a pencil to class let alone a notebook or a calculator. The language is something else and I finally walked away today and told the kid to figure it out for himself. They disrupt every class they are in and one finally got put on a reduced day taking only 3 classes instead of 6 -- we get him for a study hall and all he wants to do is sleep. I'm down to 28 1/2 days! I'm glad you are enjoying your family get togethers -- sounds like fun!

I have to do a couple of loads of laundry so guess I'd better get moving. I also need to make a list and go to the grocery store. I'm not sure how many will be here for Easter dinner or staying overnight so I'd better be making some sort of menus.

Have a terrific Thursday!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 04-17-2003, 03:22 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Arrow Weigh Day

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Ok now it the time to really evaluate what I have been doing for my program. ZIP - NADA - NOTHING.. Today's weigh in was a terrible wake up call for me for I showed another gain. I have to get a GRIP ~ that is all there is to it.

JEAN I like those kind of boxes to pack in. They don't just give them away out here anymore and we found a source to buy them cheaper and they come collapsed and I can use them and then collapse them and use them again or give them to some one that needs them. And for all my bottles of stuff in the kitchen cubboard I like using wine boxes which they will give to us if we get there before they flatten them for the recycle bundles. I also like to pack smaller dishes in them also.

Have a great afternoon folks. I am going to work on showing a loss at next weigh day and maintain my FOCUS.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:14 PM   #6  

Hi Fleurs,
Just a quick peek in to say hi before I'm off to "fluffy school". Looks like WW is revamping the program sometime this summer.....we have our annual mtg. in June.

Maggie, I don't envy you packing, but surely you can't have accumulated a whole lot of stuff in the RV.....on the other hand, with all your craft projects

Jean,
We've kept it a secret that teachers start the countdown long before the kids do...........like Sept?

Rain is supposed to start here tonight and continue through the weekend I hope it's only occasional showers for everyone's sake. The dogwoods have opened today, the trillium and blue bells are out..........as are the dandelions.......winter was good to them!

Gloria, I hope your technicolor backside is improving daily. I just spent time with my camp friend who broke her wrist at Christmas.....she's still doing "playdough" exercises to build up her hand. I was stunned at how little strength she has in it.

I best get off of here, or I"ll be late........in this nice weather, I don't want to go anyway.

Best to youall,
Bubs
Old 04-17-2003, 05:27 PM   #7  

Angry

Good Afternoon, Flowers!
My server has been so very slow lately! Makes me crazy waiting for it to do something! It is a cold 40 degrees, windy, and threatening to rain again kind of day in my corner of the world.

Maggie -- I'm sorry about the gain but you know what to do to fix it and I'm sure you will! I have confidence in you! Good luck! Now if I could just get myself in gear again!

Bubbles -- It's nice to see you today! I laugh whenever you refer to "fluffy school!" A WW leader on another forum said the new changes still haven't be revealed to the leaders but evidently somebody somewhere couldn't keep the secret that some changes are coming. She was really quite disgusted about it. Of course the subject was dropped like a hot potato!

Gloria -- I hope your color is back to normal once again!

Donna -- I hope you are having a good day doing something fun and exciting!

Have a fantastic Friday, Flowers! I have lots to get done in a short amount of time so I may be MIA for a couple of days. We have tickets to go to South Pacific on Saturday afternoon . . . didn't realize it was Easter weekend when we got them. I'm trying to figure out how/when I'm going to fix food for Sunday.

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 04-18-2003, 11:55 AM   #8  

Just peeking in to say "hi" and "bye!" It is foggy, windy, cold, and misting here today . . . not very springy outside.

I've went to the grocery store early this morning and the "crazies" were out as I was heading home. I don't know why people who have all week to shop, wait until the last minute.

Hope you all have a nice day!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 04-18-2003, 05:39 PM   #9  
Thin Within

Talking Friday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Top down day here and the flowers all around the county are just absolutely gorgeous. We made a reservation for a trailer to move our stuff with so we could get the "cheap" rent since it goes up a $100 just around the time we are going to need one. So we were happy they let us reserve one today so we will get it at todays prices.

JEAN maybe those folks didn't get their pay checks earlier in the week. Or maybe they waited just to bug you. You think is is bad there ~ come on out here and give it a try.

Have a nice day everyone.

Last edited by Maggie; 04-18-2003 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:05 PM   #10  

. . . . I was referring to re***ed people. It's like this every Friday!
Old 04-18-2003, 11:33 PM   #11  
Thin Within

JEAN OIC
Old 04-19-2003, 10:50 AM   #12  

I was just bringing laundry upstairs and couldn't resist checking in here.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Jean -- in cloudy, windy, and rainy Iowa!
Old 04-19-2003, 01:21 PM   #13  
Thin Within

Thumbs down Sunny Saturday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

I have been OP for two days in a row so far and got through that 18 point day within my plan and today is a 24 point day. When we move up north and the meeting will be in the evening instead of the morning I am changing my high point day to Sunday. In fact I am actually changing it the first of May for I made my journal sheets for the month of May last night and made that change on them. Fri~24; Sat~19; Sun~32-35; Mon~18; Tues~25; Wed~23; Thur~18 is the plan. I have built in an extra 13 points to use as needed so when I do have a hungry day on like an 18 point day it doesn't hurt to go over a couple of points. If I eat all my points in the week plus the 13 it makes an average of 25 points per day. Life is good and I have my FOCUS.

Have a sunny day folks.
Old 04-20-2003, 01:04 AM   #14  

Just peeking in to say good night!

Maggie -- It sounds like you have your plan ready and set to go. My meeting is in the late afternoon/evening (5:15-6:15) and I often wondered how it would be to weigh in in the morning. I wish we had a program at work as there are several of us who are on WW.

It's been a long day and I am heading off to bed!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Old 04-20-2003, 07:37 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Talking Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It has been a lovely day today. Hope everyone is happy and healthy this day and having a safe holiday. Eat smart this day.

JEAN why not contact WW and maybe they will start a meeting where you work. I am sure that more than the few that attend from there would be interested and that may be enough for them to open a "at work" meeting there. Worth a try I would think. I have always preferred to weigh in in the morning but there are no moring meetings were we will be going and that is the one and only meeting in that small town which will start in the evening. Here it seems that I could go practically anytime I would choose for the have them at lots of hours. There is even an earlier one on the day that I attend. But that is the advantage of living in a burg that sports about 180 thousand folks.

Have a wonderful evening ~ BTW this is post #14 so the next person to come along gets to start a new thread.
Closed Thread