General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #1  
Here I come size 4!

S/C/G: 141/141/120

Height: 5'1"

Exclamation Slim-Fast

(*I hope this is in the right forum, I looked and didn't see one devoted to this*)

I am starting Slim-Fast tomorrow. I plan on using the shakes as meal replacers (I'm a busy college student so it will be easy). I bought some good low fat, low carb snacks for the three recommended snacks for the day. Any suggestions? Any tips to help get me on my way?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

:MellowJello:
MellowJello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 213/202/170

Height: 6'0

I always keep the choc slim fast in my fridge. Its great when i am in a rush to get to class or work. And they taste good! Just be sure to eat your healthy snacks throughout the day and eat a good meal also cuz you dont want to starve yourself. Youll be hungry all the time if you dont take time out to actually "eat" something. Good luck!
oklahomachick26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Height: 5'4"

Honestly... there are probably better meal replacements out there... a slim fast has a LOT of sugar (like 30 g, 18g for the optima) and not a ton of protein. If I'm going to have a shake, I use my personal blender and use 1 scoop of AMP Whey protein powder... you'll get twice the protein of a slim fast with way less sugar.
LLBoldAsLove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:34 PM   #4  
Here I come size 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLBoldAsLove87 View Post
Honestly... there are probably better meal replacements out there... a slim fast has a LOT of sugar (like 30 g, 18g for the optima) and not a ton of protein. If I'm going to have a shake, I use my personal blender and use 1 scoop of AMP Whey protein powder... you'll get twice the protein of a slim fast with way less sugar.
Awesome thanks for the advice! What about EAS shakes? I have used those in the past and I love them, but they are so expensive ( for a college student ).
Old 02-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #5  
Here I come size 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklahomachick26 View Post
I always keep the choc slim fast in my fridge. Its great when i am in a rush to get to class or work. And they taste good! Just be sure to eat your healthy snacks throughout the day and eat a good meal also cuz you dont want to starve yourself. Youll be hungry all the time if you dont take time out to actually "eat" something. Good luck!
Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to take time out to eat!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Ive been on slimfast for about 9 months and i find the meal bars seem to fill me up better then the shakes, might just be a head thing of eating something instead of drinking only but i digress... The chocolate fudge brownie one is really yummy... Tastes like someone squished a brownie so it is really dense then covered it with chocolate
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #7  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

You'll do great I've been on slim fast for a week and a half and have lost six pounds!!

I use two shakes a day to replace meals and sometime for a snack i use high protein powder mixed with water since the protein is not so high in slim fast. Slim fast is designed to have carbs and sugar etc in them because they are a calorie restricted diet not low carb or high protein per se .

I think anyway Keep us posted mellow!!
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:43 AM   #8  
Ninja loss

Height: 5'3 (161cms)

I'm going to use shakes again..coz i just can't do it any other way.. i have a serious addiction to food, i can't stop myself.. the only way i can think of is by having 2 shakes a day and one meal kinda thing.

GOod luck
Catcuffling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #9  

Tried to do Slim fast once, when they had the low carb shakes, they were soooo good. Anyways, sugar free gum! You can get all sorts of flavors and it curbs the sweet tooth in a different way. Especially, if you like sour sweets. :-D
garnet8677 is offline   Reply With Quote