Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-03-2011, 08:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/187/150

Height: 5'11

Default Favorite Workout Videos

Hey everyone. First time posting EVER.

The new year's going pretty well so far...getting the hang of eating better and making sure to get in 5 workouts a week. My goal is to lose 20 lbs by Coachella April 15th!!! I've never felt so motivated and I think I can really do it but I need some advice....

I've got the cardio thing down - between stairs, running, and elliptical, I get in at least 45 minutes a day - but I'm concerned about toning. The weight machines at the gym have never been my thing( I get pretty self-conscious and fed up with moving seats and adjusting weights and counting reps, etc.) I've always enjoyed workout videos, but since I'm getting my cardio at the gym, I'm looking for ones that keep the cardio to a minimum and focus on good solid toning. Any recommendations?
samepunchline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

I like to mix mine up and I rarely do the same one more then once or twice a week. Of the strength focused ones I suppose my favorites would be Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training which I try to do once a week. It really gets into all the muscles and is seperated by muscle group so you can do all the exercises in one day (like I do) or you can work out certain muscles certain days.

I also like Julian Michael's 30 Day Shred & Shred It With Weights, Lose Weight in 8, 10lb Slim Down, and the ____ of Steel series but they all include some cardio which doesn't sound like what you're looking for.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/187/150

Height: 5'11

Cardio is by no means a deal breaker. It's just that a lot of the videos I used to do were pretty intensely cardio-driven (i.e, Tae-BO) and I've already got that covered. Thanks for the suggestions!!!! And congrats on your progress so far. You're amazing!!!!
samepunchline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Bob Harpers Yoga for weight loss! Love that vid. Got it at Amazon.com. It will tone you and kick your butt.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Thanks samepunchline. Hope you find one you really like! Let us know what you decide on.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:02 AM   #6  

Hi guys,..
I saw Arnold and Ronnie videos,..
they are awesome,..
Allen5 is offline   Reply With Quote