South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 04:52 AM   #1  
Mous

Wink SBD Daily Chat: February 2

Good morning from below zero CO.

Happy Ground Hog Day!

Store day this morning IF the roads aren't too bad.

I hope you are all doing well and staying warm if you are in Winter Freeze!

Going to look for a new fruit or veggie to try. Any ideas?

Your loved ones are keeping you on track; so, give them a hug today and say thank you.

Last edited by LADY WINDSONG; 02-02-2011 at 04:52 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:51 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

No store day for me today, Marcie. We are in the Big Snow. I had to shovel a drift away from the deck door so my four legged "loved ones" could go outside. They did not go far since it's brutal out there. Right now they are sleeping beside the woodstove.and I may join them.

There is no way I can get to the gym this morning and going to the clinic for pet therapy looks pretty unlikely to happen. Richard probably won't get me ploughed out until late today, if then. It's a good thing I have lots to do at home and have milk and dog food, the two essentials around here!

I hope everyone stays safe and warm and checks in if they can.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:51 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

LadyWindsong! The view from my bay window points me right in your direction...just a couple hundred miles SE. It's -15 here right now, but no snow. I managed to get the pups out and they're snoring away. I'm going to get some work done while waiting on everyone to start appearing for the day. Spaghetti squash is my new favorite. In the past, I would overcook it and it would be mushy. I'm getting it down and love it with homemade spaghetti sauce on top. Thanks for getting us started this morning and I hope you make it to the store today.

ETA Ruth! It does sound like you're stuck at home for awhile. Any chance of quilting?? I don't know why we didn't get snow out of this. I'm sure it's snowing 18 miles W. The elevation goes from 7500 here to 11,500 in that short distance. Cuddle up with the pups!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-02-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:05 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
No snow here, but looks very icey out the window. It's supposed to rain later but it's too early for me to put the tv on to check the weather. It's about a mile to and from my son's school so that will burn if it's really icy. Probably will take us an hour to get there!

Not much else to report. I hope everyone stays warm and dry and no slipping or falling!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:08 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Giant snow here and everything is closed up tight. We just filled all the usual water containers in case the heavy snow causes problems. I do have to work today but I'll be nice and snug in my house so that's okay. I'm just starting on my first cup of coffee so not quite awake. I'll be back later
Old 02-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #6  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

We just got rain, too far south. Still sick. Blah!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Our driveway and everything else here is an ice rink. Hoping I don't lose power by the end of the day - there are high winds predicted (which is BAD with everything covered in ice). The kids are off, but I have to work...who wants to get their dog's teeth cleaned in this?!?!?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Good morning!

The big storm is just starting here and no one is going anywhere! The list of closures on the TV is amazing.

I'm planning to make good use of my day, straightening my cupboards and cleaning out the fridge. Fergie is so good about cooking on week nights but he doesn't put things back where he found them and now neither of us knows where anything is. I've got a good book and big plans for exercise to round out the rest of my day.

Marcie, I'm a spaghetti squash fan, too. We use it instead of pasta and also instead of rice in some of our favorite Mexican style dishes. If you haven't tried the deep dish Italian pie recipe yet I vote you pick up some spaghetti squash today.

Cabbage is the other veggie that we eat tons of these days. We love red cabbage with beans in casseroles, shredded cabbage and carrots in balsamic vinegarette, stuffed cabbage dishes and of course, crack slaw.

(Fergie suggests you get some butternut squash. He's a big fan of butternut squash fries. )

Annie, I sure hope you start feeling better soon! And congratulations mother of the bride! I loved seeing the photo in yesterday's thread, thanks for sharing it.

Those who have to out in snow/frigid weather/ice today - please be careful!
Enjoy your Wednesday, friends.

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-02-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:22 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Okay, this is as awake as I'm going to get today Apparently my body thinks it's a great day for napping but my office thinks it's a great day for data and phone calls. Oh well

Marcie - Stay warm. All the suggestions are great. We use lots of cabbage here. Prepackaged coleslaw mix is my quick and easy go to. I use it in crack slaw and throw it in soups. Broccoli rabe with white beans, garlic, evoo and a few red pepper flakes is a yummy sometimes veggie around here. That method works with any green, we love mustard best. I also use a lot more eggplant than I ever did. I was an eggplant hater most of my life but discovered it when I started on SBD. I add it to chili, "pasta" sauce, curries and stews.

Ruth - the dogs have the right idea today

Debbie - You reminded me I have a spaghetti squash in the back hall. Brr, sounds like a day to hibernate but I'm a wimp about cold.

Mathilda - Hope the roads aren't bad. I hate ice the most.

Annie - take good care of you.

Twynn - That stinks. Everything is closed around here including the vets. Good luck with the drive. Maybe it will be so quiet they will send you home early.

Heidi - Good snowy morning to you. Last night I hooped for 5 minutes on my hips. That's taken a little more coordination but I think I've got the hang of it. It's a lot of fun but I have a few sore spots Thanks for getting me started!

I should start looking at work soon. We have everything ready in case of a power outage so no excuses left. Happy Snowy Hump Day
Old 02-02-2011, 08:37 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We are an ice rink here. My neighbors branch fell on the bumper of one of our cars, I am told this is an act of God, so my insurance has to cover it.

I am keeping DS home from college again, I checked road conditions and the way he has to travel is 100% covered, not worth it.

I feel for everyone who is getting the 20" of snow, we have staff who did get that much. They actually closed 200 miles of Interstate and there was actually 2 Interstates closed.

I get to wfh again today, I am hoping for a much calmer day today yesterday everyone was trying to wfh and it was taxing our external network and licenses for people to do that.

Have a great day everyone and stay warm.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good Morning!!

Another snow "cold" day for us. Of course, it is kind of amusing, because there is no snow. The current temp is -13. My heater keeps running.

I am not sure what the day will hold. Probably will go do something with my mom. We got out yesterday and the roads are fine. Other then that probably just relax and enjoy these bonus days off.

I also love spahgetti squash. I ate it for the first time a few weeks ago and now it is a staple for me. Last night I mixed in mushrooms, onions and tomatoes.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all

I think we got about a foot. Not plowed out yet; we live on a cul-de-sac and are always last, it seems. One advantage to living in tornado alley - our power lines are buried so that is never an issue for us. I'm curious to see if they cancel school again tomorrow since we are in a windchill advisory through then. Brrr.

Heidi - I should try butternut squash; fries sounds yummy. I love sweet potatoes that way.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The plough just went by and I now have a five foot high snowbank at the end of the lane. Guess I'm in for the day!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/189.4/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning! The news shows you are having quite the winter - old man winter has chilled us off a bit but nothing like what you guys are experiencing - but I promise not to brag about our temps ... you all have a good morning and enjoy your snow days
Old 02-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #15  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Well, there was a lot of hype about the snow storm, everything cancelled but its not too bad here at all.

Big celebration this weekend, DH turned 70 this weekend. I can't believe it, I met him when he was 23. We had a small family celebration and daughter came in from out west for 4 days but minus the grandson, he has been getting a few colds since he started preschool and I guess that is expected.
I was also busy last week at our guild's studios helping with the weaving of 100% plastic mats which are being sent to disaster areas. They have to be all plastic so bugs don't eat them up. Ruth, we are using the outer bags the milks come in and it takes 140 bags to make one mat. Some churches are saving them for us.
So, I lost 5lbs this month. Three I gained with Christmas and 2 off the ticker,
how did you all do.
take care
Sophie
going off to make lentil soup
Closed Thread