Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 02-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #1  
Flab to Fab! is my goal

S/C/G: 357/356/160

Height: 64 inches

Default 16 pounds down since last month wooohooo!!

I'm so stoked about passing the 15 pound mark =) I want to lose ten pounds this week so that this Sunday will equal a 26 pound weight loss in two months. A facebook friend of mine is a body builder and he told me that losing more than 3 pounds in a week is not necessarily a good thing because I am losing muscle and i'm very confused. I have a number of health problems so I don't want to slow down my weightloss progress, does anyone have knowledge of this??

Last edited by BadBBW; 02-01-2011 at 10:33 PM.
BadBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

When you start any diet, you lose a lot in water weight. You can't expect to keep that up for more than 2-4 weeks. After that, you shouldn't really lose more than 2 lbs a week. Anything more is considered unsafe. I think 10 lbs in 1 week is unsafe and unrealistic.

Also, quick to lose is quick to gain back. You want to make long-term, permanent changes to your lifestyle. It isn't a race, it is the rest of your life. Do what you can, but don't set unrealistic goals.
girlinwaterglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #3  
Flab to Fab! is my goal

people in my weight loss team lose 5-15 pounds a week and have been dieting for over a year so it couldnt still be water weight....it's not safe to lose over three pounds but its not safe for me to be this heavy either =(
Old 02-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #4  
Amanda Swan

S/C/G: 231/220/160

Height: 5'6

while youre right it isnt healthy either way, just remember that you had a good week but your more likely to loose less and less each week, with the occasional great week. My dad was about 310 pounds and when he first started was dropping 10 pounds atleast for the first few weeks. While maybe unhealthy it was good progress. Now he is down to 240 and lossing more like 3 a week. Which is still wonderful. The heavier and younger someone is, the faster weight comes off. I think your doing wonderful, and your before and after photo is amazing. Keep up the good work and dont get discouraged if you see smaller weeks.

Congrats girl!!!
amandaswan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:49 AM   #5  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlinwaterglobe View Post
When you start any diet, you lose a lot in water weight. You can't expect to keep that up for more than 2-4 weeks. After that, you shouldn't really lose more than 2 lbs a week. Anything more is considered unsafe. I think 10 lbs in 1 week is unsafe and unrealistic.

Also, quick to lose is quick to gain back. You want to make long-term, permanent changes to your lifestyle. It isn't a race, it is the rest of your life. Do what you can, but don't set unrealistic goals.
Not trying to be rude, but where did you hear that? A lot of times people ASSUME that but at a certain weight, losing 10lbs in a week is totallllly acceptable. Like you said, it's not a race. If she is making lifestyle changes and eating healthy and doing everything on plan, who's to say it is unsafe for her to drop 10lbs in a week? How do you know that the previous week she didn't lose 1lb or gain or lose nothing?

I've done a LOT of research through my change and studies suggest the higher weight you are, as long as you are following healthy eating plans and working out, losing 10+ pounds or more than even 3+ pounds a week is NOT unsafe. I wish people would read studies on this very subject. And I'm not talking about some article written by anyone on the internet. I'm talking about REAL studies based on people over 300+ lbs.

Realistically? Yes, 2lbs a week is realistic. But if she drops 10lbs in a week every so often, nothing is wrong with that.

Some weeks I lose 3+lbs, that doesn't mean I'm doing anything unsafe. I'm working out consistently, eating a healthy diet, never go below 1200 calories (most times well above that) and I take my vitamins. Nothing wrong with that AT ALL.

Anyway, Congrats on your weight loss! Wishing you MUCH MUCH more success!

Last edited by Krizstyling; 02-02-2011 at 12:56 AM.
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizstyling View Post
Not trying to be rude, but where did you hear that? A lot of times people ASSUME that but at a certain weight, losing 10lbs in a week is totallllly acceptable. Like you said, it's not a race. If she is making lifestyle changes and eating healthy and doing everything on plan, who's to say it is unsafe for her to drop 10lbs in a week?

I've done a LOT of research through my change and studies suggest the higher weight you are, as long as you are following healthy eating plans and working out, losing 10+ pounds or more than even 3+ pounds a week is NOT unsafe. I wish people would read studies on this very subject.

Some weeks I lose 3+lbs, that doesn't mean I'm doing anything unsafe. I'm working out consistently, eating a healthy diet, never go below 1200 calories (most times well above that) and I take my vitamins. Nothing wrong with that AT ALL.

Anyway, Congrats on your weight loss! Wishing you MUCH MUCH more success!
First of all, let me echo the congratulations!!!!

Also, I have to agree, the 2-3 lb rule is pretty widely accepted. But, that doesn't really take into account your actual weight. A 140 lb person losing 3 lbs a week is losing a little over 2% of their body weight. For a 350 lb person, the same percentage is around 8 lbs.

I do think that your loss will slow down (I lose 5/6 lbs a week for the first month when I diet, and then level out around 3 a week). Just don't let it discourage you if you're only losing a little. Losing a little is better than not losing any, and definitely better than gaining!! Keep up the good work!!!!

Last edited by mdchick88; 02-02-2011 at 12:59 AM.
mdchick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:34 AM   #7  
Flab to Fab! is my goal

Thank you so much ladies!! All of the info was very helpful =) I love 3fc!!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/155/130??

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

Big difference! Wow! Congrats
Kattt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4

First WOW look at that change woohooo u go girl! And Second as long as your eating right and not over doing it when working out the weight you loose will be healthy for you! congrats girl really you look so much different!
momof3preemies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 259/253/140

Height: 5' 9"

WOW! You look just great! Keep up the good work! Slow and steady is always healthy!
lisanovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #11  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

Wow, the photos show a big difference! Congrats on your progress!
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'7''

wow, i already noticed a big difference. congrats!
JordanLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:27 PM   #13  
NEWB!

S/C/G: 215.8/202.8/174 (Army Weight)

Height: 5'10"

Oh my goodness, what an amazing difference =D BadBBW
SarRawrNaomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #14  
NEWB!

S/C/G: 215.8/202.8/174 (Army Weight)

Height: 5'10"

BTW could someone PLEASE tell me how to look at messages, view profile or post my own forum post or thread or w/e its called don't mean to troll, sorry but noone seems to want to help a noob. (I posted my own post b4 but I found it by accident and I want to know how to get to there.)

Again CONGRATZ On your success and keep up the good work.
SarRawrNaomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 199/175/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick88 View Post
First of all, let me echo the congratulations!!!!

Also, I have to agree, the 2-3 lb rule is pretty widely accepted. But, that doesn't really take into account your actual weight. A 140 lb person losing 3 lbs a week is losing a little over 2% of their body weight. For a 350 lb person, the same percentage is around 8 lbs.

I do think that your loss will slow down (I lose 5/6 lbs a week for the first month when I diet, and then level out around 3 a week). Just don't let it discourage you if you're only losing a little. Losing a little is better than not losing any, and definitely better than gaining!! Keep up the good work!!!!
You have hit it right on the note ! A couple of doctors as well as fitness trainers shared the similiar logic as you did ! I don't mena to be rude to anyone but not only does their logic make sence but they are health professionals who have read not only many studies but have a variety of patients and clients with similar concerns ,to use as case studies
tunzi is offline   Reply With Quote