South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-01-2011, 06:23 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default A slippery slope - here's how it starts

So I've been really, really good staying on plan and tracking my points, but over the last week or so I've become more "lax" but not conciously. For instance, last night we went out to dinner (never usually do this during the week, but hubby was off work) and I had wine which I don't normally do Mon-Thurs. I had a caesar salad with grilled shrimp which was totally on plan, and asked that they go light on the dressing which they did, but I did eat about 5 large croutons. Then, as I was preparing my lunch for today, I seriously considered (and I mean I was going to do it, until I stopped myself) adding some **High Fructose Corn Syrup is the first ingredient** barbeque sauce to my pulled pork. I was telling myself they were little things and no big deal, but frankly I've been successful by caring about the little things. I can sense this week that I'm feeling lax and lazy - the weather has sucked so bad and I haven't really been able to get out and exercise, and there's more on the way - but I need to stop myself and remain on plan and be more aware of what I am doing.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:40 AM   #2  
Mous

Smile

LADY WINDSONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I understand! It's a constant battle to try and not get lax, esp. the world we live in today. So convenient to grab this or that. Good for you for acknowledging it and trying to control it!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:30 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

You recognized what was going on, though. Good job!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:34 AM   #5  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I had one of those days. I ended up having chocolate; it was dark kind, but I meant to have one 70 cal square and it turned into 4 squares.

Husband opened a bottle of red wine and I had about 8 oz...

I have been calories around 1200 - 1400 each day; yesterday I was a bit over 1600. Which itself is not bad, but I don't want to start slipping.

Today is a new day, and back on track
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

I totally understand. I went back to phase 1 yesterday and will be doing it for a few days to get back on track.
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

Grrrr...Same has been going on here.

I did end up having a planned cheat night on Saturday because I was just so ANGRY at food.

I went back on plan Sunday, but have noticed since Ph II my hardcore mindset has dissipated.

Good for you for recognizing the snowball effect before it started in earnest!!
AmyKitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 226/215/175

Height: 5'7"

its so hard! i think we have all been there... my problem is rolling down that hill instead of stopping the behavior. Its good you realize it now while you arent too far off.
Willow324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Great job identifying and stopping before it got out of hand. I know alot of people say a little of this and a little of that doesn't hurt, and maybe for them it doesn't. For me remaining successful over the long haul has meant constant awareness of the choices I make and stopping those small and unplanned little things because if I don't they always spiral into a much bigger and longer thing. Planning something off plan on very rare occasions and making adjustments around that plan to accommodate for it works, but a little of this and a little of that is a disaster in action for me. I've been having one of those weeks and constantly arguing with myself (so far I'm winning most of the battles. no added grains or sugar though there was a bit of cheese). I think there's a lot to Judith Beck's "resistance muscle" idea. Thanks Mathilda
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote