Old 02-01-2011, 05:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountability, menu, exercise, plans, stuff - Month of February, 2011

Here is a place where you can put down your daily plans and intentions, menu, exercises, have accountability and more.

Feel free to join in!
Old 02-01-2011, 05:35 AM   #2  

Hi chicks - Happy February! This morning I am greeted with predictions of freezing rain, ice, sleet, rain and snow for the next two days. Home sweet home today. I hope you are all safe from the storm throughout the US.

I have had a couple of solid on plan days - I am grateful. I've been willing to plan/measure/log food, stretches & strengthening, lots of water, no seconds, left one bite on the plate, journalled, slowed down a bit and more.

Starting to get ready for Disney. I ordered my electric scooter (humbling). I need to get a light jacket. Mine disappeared somewhere - phooey. I also have to start thinking about five days away from home needing ‘softish’ foods and aim for low sodium. I’ll bring bananas, applesauce & maybe I can find a soft ‘energy bar’. I am going to get a small solft insulated cooler for yogurt and cheese. I’ve looked online at some of the restaurants in our package. - it’s going to be challenging. But,I need to NOT go on this trip with an ‘I can’t manage it’ feeling. I will figure out a strategy!!

lottie - YAY for another pound down and 45 total. Stay strong - shout back at the fried food.

Chloespinsicle - great plan!

Slash - kudo’s for pushing yourself to the gym!

Upswife - your mall walks are great… carry on.

Dgrammie - forget the weekend. Hop right back on to your plan and you’ll be just fine.

willow girl - wonderful to have a new tasty recipe. It makes staying on plan easier.

Mj - so glad your veggie chili turned out good. Sorry to hear about your calf/foot ouch. Take care of it and hope it’s better soon. I love that your nieces want you to do their makeup for a special occasion - neat!

Jab - glad to hear that your weekend was peaceful and that you got your daughter’s car fixed with less of a cost. Carry on.

Once again, folks, stay safe if you are impacted by this big storm. Stay safe to everyone - no matter what. Have a good day.

Treat yourself as well as you'd treat a good friend.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-01-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Morning all !!! Snow, snow, snow... ugh!!!

Haven't gotten on here since Sunday morning..slacking!!

Food for Sunday was good... total calories 1435

Food for yesterday was over my limit.. 1741

But I am not beating myself up over it. I have had many days recently below my limit and I have done well with "restricting" my intake so it's just a slight blip.

I ended up making a lasagna per request and had intended to make something different for myself. Then realized I had enough calories I could have a reasonable pc of lasagna but I had a little more than that in the end. Would have been safer to have made my tuna wrap as intended and just put the lasagna on the table and walked away...lol It was the gooey cheese topping that was my undoing.

yesterdays foods...

brown rice
carrots
tomatoes
water
tea

cheerios (dry)
orange
banana
water

lf yogurt
frozen berries
water

salad
lf dressing
lasagna
water

You're right Beverylyjoy plan , plan, and plan some more. The more foods you can be prepared for the easier it will be. It sounds like it will be a fun time!!

I wish all of you a GREAT day OP!!!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:05 AM   #4  
Devilish Little Thing

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5ft5

Good morning! Waking up to a lovely disaster of weather here in Dallas. Ugh. I feel bad for complaining, when so many on here probably deal with it on a daily basis, but we dont get it much so it's always a big news event

Did well yesterday even though for some reason I was starving!

Breakfast
4pts - Oatmeal

Snack
0pts - Orange
3pts - 3/4 cup almonds

Lunch
4Pts - Cabbage Roll Casserole (leftovers)
1pts - 2 cups salad/apple/Raspberry vinaigrette

Snack
4pts - Sweet & Salty bar

Dinner
8pts - 3oz Sirloin Steak w/Sesame Broccili and walnuts
10pts - 2 (6oz) glasses red wine
willowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!! Happy February!!

Yesterday went well, a little high in the calories, but still within range. Walk was very good, we were walking for about an hour and a half...then let the baby play in the play area, it turns out they were there taking pics for a new visitors guide...so my little one may be in it...How exciting!!

TOM showed up yesterday, feel like crap...planning on watching calories and maybe yoga this afternoon with the big girls...Have to run DD3 is fighting her sister about stitting on the potty...I really hope she trains soon!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 272/219.6/145

Height: 5' 4

I have never done this thread but the idea seems great, I think I will join you all.
Beverlyjoy, when are you going to Disney? I am going to Disney World Feb 9-15 and am a wee bit worried about the food!
KmbRN84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #7  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Went to spin class this morning. It was a really good class. It was hard, but I felt like it was a great workout. I'm trying to make myself go to Body Flow tomorrow. It is a mixture of yoga, pilates, etc. I don't like it much because I'm not very good at it, but I really need help with my flexibility. I really need to go and work on it. I just hate not being able to do as much as I would like. We'll see how it goes.

Beverly: Congrats on your solid on plan days. Sounds like you have lots of planning to do with Disney.

Jab: You know, sometimes if you have that one day of being over your calories, sometimes that can help with your metabolism. So I’ve heard.

Willowgirl: I heard a lot about your weather on the radio… I listen to sports talk radio. Not a good time!

Upswife: That’s cool about the visitor’s guide.

KmbRN84: Welcome!!! Glad you’re joining us.

Have a great day everyone.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #8  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Heya everyone, new month! I'm feeling really motivated today.

I woke up with a little stiffness in my right shoulder, but it mostly wore off and I'm feeling great.

Have decided to start slow with getting back on board with exercise. I'm not in a ton of pain today and I dont' want to ruin that. ha.

I'll do 15 mins, 4 days a week for the first week, and then increase mins throughout the month until I hit 45 and then in march, increase intensity.

I want to join a gym in June and start c25k in July, I'm gonna try really hard to get to an okay level by then.

I need to fill out my February sparkpeople monthly calender I got. Wooo!

Oh! Also, lost 8 lbs last month! Don't forget to fill out the 2011 challenge thing if you're doing it.

Last edited by lottie63; 02-01-2011 at 12:01 PM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #9  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I'm here!!!! Things at work have been super busy. Unfortunately the scale didn't budge this week. I have been SO good w/ exercise and tracking calories its a little discouraging. Had a great chat w/ my wellness coach though, so that helped.

Have a great night! Stay warm!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 272/219.6/145

Height: 5' 4

Well, I didn't exercise today, no excuse I was just a slacker.

Food today
banana
udon noodle stir fry
muffin (homemade, 100 cal)
pretzels
panko crusted sietan
roasted veg (celery root, fennel, asparagus, zucchini, potato)
ice cream
strawberries with cool whip

I may end up having another small snack tonight and I will still be within calories.
KmbRN84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:20 AM   #11  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I finally exercised last night. But then woke up at 625 and couldn't fall back to sleep cuz I had SUPER bad heartburn. Screw you taco salad right before bed! ha.

So, I got about 5 hours sleep which pretty much guarantees a nap today. AUGH. One of my goals this month is to NOT nap.

not sleeping though will make me flare. I'm kind of cranky over this.

Anger.

Either way, I exercised, and it was fabulous.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #12  

Hi chicks - hoping all folks here in North America are safe from the storm.

Yesterday was a healthy day until the middle of the night when we lost power. I somehow got it in my mind that eating would fix it. (only kidding!) But, I did eat extra with the stress. Ugh. Luckily the power came back on in less than an hour. Anyway - as always, I am grateful for any food sanity I can muster. Eating extra in the night isn't a reason to keep doing it. (I am tatooing this to my brain - trying to)

We are still covered with ice all over and most things are closed. Hopefully, we will be back to 'normal' winter soon.

Lottie - sorry you didn't get your sleep. My son has fibro and he also says how important sleep is to feelilng better.

kimbtr - good plan. Hope you had time to get in your exercise. We are going to Disney Feb. 11 - 16. People I have talked to that are watching their weight say that there are good choices to be had. That even the chef's will come out and speak with about how you need something to be prepared. Friends have said to bring water and snacks into
the park so that you have healthy stuff. (plus the cost is higher inside the park) I know it's gonna be a real challenge. This is where what I say will help - plan, plan and plan some more. Also - if you have reservations at certain restaurants you can look up their menu's on line. WE CAN DO THIS!

mj - phooey on that scale for not moving. It WILL - carry on, freind.

upswife - good job staying in your calorie range and getting in that exercise.

willow - good plan. Enjoy your wintery weather - if you can.

slash - major kudo's on all the exercise. It's great.

Shout out to anyone stopping by. Have a good day, folks.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-02-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:54 AM   #13  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! It looks like the "monster storm" kinda missed us...at least so far...we did get some snow and some ice (probably more ice later), but no where near as bad as they predicted, which is fine with me!!

Today is a super busy day...I have to take one of the dogs to the vet (just routine shot updates), but then grocery list, and I get stuff ready for the next two days because Thursday is my super late night because of zumba. It's all good though!

I was feeling kinda discouraged over the scale not moving, BUT...after looking over my food log and having DUH moment....the spaghetti sauce I made had some broken up pieces of poultry sausage in it. And I wasn't drinking as much water as I should have been. SODIUM.....yea...next time I'll leave the sausage in chunks (for hubby, I can honestly do w/ out the sausage myself...I'd rather have a meatball). This morning the scale was down. Hopefully it will stay there LOL! I know, I know, it isn't all about the scale, but when I am finally doing things "right" it's nice to see the payoff there, too.

Have a great OP day everyone! Stay safe and warm today!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Well it's snowing and blowing and it sux big time!!! I spent forever laying in my driveway trying to dig my car out underneath after it got stuck. I have drifts over 3 ft deep in a lot of places that were bare yesterday , needless to say I had to call into work.

I called my supervisor at home at 6:30 this morning to say I didn't think I could make it unless I managed to dig out and the plow comes, she said she would pick me up she has 4-wheel drive. She got stuck and didn't make it off her road so neither of us showed up today in the end. Last I heard our dept is shut down for the day.

I am super wheezy and have used my inhaler a lot trying to get past the rattle in my lungs hoping to get a full breath of air. My lungs just do not like sucking in all that cold air.

I've been up since 3:30 this morning and started working on the snow by 6am. I hate winter!!!!!!!!!!!

Food was good yesterday... total cal 1351

triscuits
water
tea

apple
orange
banana
water

baked chicken leg & thigh
baked yam w/honey and some unsweetened applesauce
water

cube of lasagna (not planned but it was a tiny pc and then I walked away)
banana
water

Beverlyjoy ~ I always fret about the power going out. I called all the kids and my mom and my ex to make sure everyone had power. Not sure what I could have done for them if they didn't have it but I called anyway to still my worries. Glad you didn't have to suffer long!!

mj5~ my scale isn't loving me at the moment either...lol, this too shall pass

lottie ~ I don't know about you but I drift off the minute I hit the recliner..lol Funny how as a kid a nap was punishment but now we like it..

KmbRN84 ~ I hate to exercise so I can understand you wanting to slack off for a day since I have trouble being inspired at all...lol WeLcOmE to the thread

slashni~ I will be honest the metabolism thing did cross my mind, wishful thinking maybe...lol.

I hope everyone survives the snow and a GREAT day OP !!!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #15  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!

I just LOVE the snow!!! did not do yoga yesterday, but shoveled the driveway once all by myself, and twice with hubby and the kids. But since the bulk of the snow and wind was overnight we spent an hour and a half shoveling again this morning.

Made cookies with the girls to help heat the house had a little more to eat, but believe I have burned it all off...Will post more later when I can sit with less pain...

Everyone affected by this storm Please stay safe!!!

Last edited by upswife; 02-02-2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote