Old 01-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #1  

Default Blue Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 4 (01/31-02/06)

Congratulations to our Biggest Losers for Week 3

Biggest Loser:
Narnia99, -6, -2.79%

Honorable Mentions:
sandlll, -4.4lbs, -2.35%
gvntofly, -4lbs, -2.05%
Soon2BFitChick, -2.4lbs, -1.49%

Team Loss of -16.2lbs, -.19%

We had some awesome numbers out there so WTG everyone.

Sorry I had a huge gain this week I will do better for next week (at least that's the plan)

Red Team go us this time but we will be back for week 4

If anyone wants to post a challange here for everyone to do please feel free to do so. This is our chat thread and we can motivate each other or offer up challanges to see who will all complete them.

There is 15 day to Valentines Day anyone have big plans or need to fit into an outfit by then. If so let us know how you plan to stay OP until then.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:37 PM   #2  

We lost a lot of our team this week so make sure that you are all weighing in on time so I don't have to put you in as a Freebie or even Eliminate players.

Has 1 Freebie Left:
TooManyDimples
chiquita623
LilyinBloom
babygrant
grneygrl
vdander24
Narnia99
PageLynn
MamaP
BlindedGrace
CapeBretonChick
Purplefirefly
Muffentop

Has 0 Freebies Left:
kalilung
Cheyenne
radar2011
HappilyMe
JackieHollow
KimberleyP

Eliminated this week:
debbieOBX
Songstress
homiegibb
gypsychic
Sameen
glittericious
fatofab
NewYear2011
RoseofPain
Baco's
ViolinJenn
justjen
loseforb
dml1216
nursemom
try2fit
shakenloose
JudyLynn

If anyone who was eliminated tonight was to be an unofficial member still please PM me and I will add your WI post back in. It would be great to have you all join us unofficially.

Also a reminder please if I have put you in as a Freebie please don't take it out again or add a weight there as it messed with the numbers and then I have to start searching one by one to find my outage. This really adds to the time it takes to do totals. Thanks

Please also note that I may have missed someone when putting this list together...it is for information only so please make sure you know where you stand in regards to freebies.

Have a great night everyone and I will really try to be here more from now on. I know that I'm not the greatest leader right now and I will try to do better for you all.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Great job everyone!

Jacky - You have me listed as having only 1 freebie left, but I haven't used one yet. Do we still get 2 freebies per challenge?
Old 01-31-2011, 03:03 AM   #4  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

Wow we lost 18 teammates!

Great job everybody who posted this week! Lose or gain, keeping accountable is going to help us all long term.

I am going to up my cardio from 3x a week for 30 minutes, to 4x this week for 40 minutes. I'll see if that helps this weight loss move a little faster. I am on a 1250 calorie plan, so I don't want to go lower with that.

Awesome job on being our teams Biggest Loser Narnia!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:12 AM   #5  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

I can't believe our tem is short so many! Last week was hard for me. I had so much going on in my life, but I am here for the long haul. I have a HUGE amount to lose. I am not focused on that number, but making sure I have a loss every week. I also posted a gain last week. But I know that figure will turn around.

We are all here to support each other, don't turn to food for comfort! Come visit the board, post, vent, read and feel inspired. That helped me turn a negative week into a positive one emotionally. Let's stick together for the BLUE team this week and kick some RED butt!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Congrats Narnia!!! Woohoo!!! Awesome work last week!

To all the honorable mentions-great job!!

Happy Monday
Old 01-31-2011, 10:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I'm sorry we lost so many people, but maybe some will come around even though they can't be the "winner" at the end. It is about so much more than just winning anyway!

I am feeling a bit better today, but there is this nagging pit in my stomach because this weekend is going to be so hard. BUT, once it is over and he is officially gone I think it will get easier. I can start dealing with it, healing, and moving forward. So, I'm going to look at it as not all bad.

I gained 1 pound last week, but looking to turn that around with a great number this week. Just got back from the grocery store, loaded up with healthy foods and I am going back to strict calorie counting for awhile. I am an an emotional eater, so I am finding in times of major stress my usual plan doesn't work very well...that 1 pound gain proves it lol
Old 01-31-2011, 10:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Honestly, I imagine this is the result of a new year's resolution bust. People think they want to lose weight, they pop on, they join, and then they (for whatever reason) don't come back. The important thing is for us to keep kickin it ;-p

I plan to do much better this week. I had two great weeks, one terrible week, one recovery week. Seems to me that that means I'm in for some goodness. Hubby and I are going to take ballroom dancing lessons tonight! I'm super excited, even though I'm about as coordinated as a severely drunken giraffe. It's going to be a private lesson, so at least the only one to see me look like a fool will be him. And he's seen that before.

Hope everyone has a great, OP day. (and may I add that as a gamer, I always read OP as over powered first? I like both meanings for us!)
Old 01-31-2011, 11:14 AM   #9  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Well, what can I say? Geeeeeeezz, we got stomped on
I think you have a good thought Jacky, lets pool together (what's left of us) and get a inner challenge going. You started a thread to post our food which I started off doing but quit because of poor postings. For awhile it was just the two of us so I joined the Calorie Counters thread of posting my weight. It really helps to keep on track plus seeing what others are eating gives us inspiration to try other foods. Obviously that didn't work over here. I think everyone just has to dig deep down into their being and stop eating junk food. Get it out of the house. Maybe we can start a challenge of posting things we do DAILY to rid our homes of junk food, or temptations that you passed up. Every day lets post something positive we did. If you can't come up with anything, you can go jump on the tread mill, stepper, etc. for 10 minutes. Something extra that you did thats not in your daily routine. What do ya all think? We have to do something and we have to do it NOW!

Quote:
If anyone wants to post a challange here for everyone to do please feel free to do so. This is our chat thread and we can motivate each other or offer up challanges to see who will all complete them.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hey ladies.. home early today for a snow day... although the weather seems to have cleared up some now...haha I think it is supposed to get worse again after the noon hour... We haven't had much winter until now.. lol and I think we are now paying for it
So... I think we should do a Water challenge... For me water is key to losing and I have been told by someone that they had aimed to drink half of their weight in water throughout each day and that it made all the difference in the world.
So here is my challenge to all of you... Davide your weight in half and aim to drink that many oz. of water each day for all of February.. starting tomorrow till the 28th and see how it works for you all. So for example my weight (and yes this is why i took a freebie due to tom this week)... is now 219 /2 = 109.5, so I will aim to drink 109.5 ounces of water each day starting tomorrow and of course, do not forget to adjust the amount of water you drink per day when you lose any weight! I will post here each evening to report how well I have done with keeping with my goal! I hope you will join me!
Also, there are many ways to add to your water.. slices of oranges, lemons, strawberries, even cucumbers are so refreshing in a glass of ice water!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 01-31-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:14 PM   #11  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Congratulations to the losers this week . . . sorry, I wasn't one of them.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

I'm all for a mini challenge! I already drink a ton of water so I'll continue to do that, I think where I lack is exercise.. I just don't make time for it. I was trying to work out at least 3 x's a week but now it's gone down to once a week so I'm still sticking to my plan 100% and drinking my water but I'm losing super slow (like .4-.6) a week now becuase of lack of exercise, so does anyone want to start some kind of exercise challenge? I need a big push in the right direction
Old 01-31-2011, 01:01 PM   #13  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

My challenge at least for myself (maybe for you to spryng) to get in cardio (at least 20 min) everyday (or maybe 6 days). I need to get cardio at least everyday because otherwise I think my weight loss is stalling. I only lost 4 pounds this month . I know that is good but I wanted more. At least 5lbs a month. I am gonna monitor my water intake but I think I drink plenty at least 80 oz.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

I have been thinking ladies.. how about a Winter Challenge...?
W - water intake
I - (insert self affirmation here).. I am beautiful, I can do this
N - Nutrition, just state whether or not you've had a good or bad day with food
T - time for you.. state something you have done just for you today
E - Exercise, state what you have done for exercise, or just if you did anything
R - Rest, state whether or not you got enough sleep the night before

And each day when we come to post we can just post our "Winter" in our chat post either before or after, does not have to be long or over explained, just simple...

How does that sound for an all encompassing challenge for those of us interested each day?
Old 01-31-2011, 01:14 PM   #15  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Maybe we can start a challenge of posting things we do DAILY to rid our homes of junk food, or temptations that you passed up
I just passed up one temptation. My husband baked pizza. It was not my meal time, and the calories from it would mess up the rest of my day, not to mention they wouldn't be nutritious calories. I must say as time goes by, it's getting easier and easier to say no.

Quote:
Davide your weight in half and aim to drink that many oz. of water each day for all of February.. starting tomorrow till the 28th and see how it works for you all.
I am going to start trying this today. I usually get around 80oz of water, so 123 ounces is going to be a real challenge, but I am going to give it a go! I am interested to see what happens.

@Lily good luck with the dance lessons, I am sure it will be fun! My husband agreed to take lessons with me, but I haven't been brave enough yet hehe

@Purple, I can't imagine what you are going through, but you seem like a very strong woman, and I admire that.

@spryng For a challenge, we could all make a goal to do a little bit more than we did last week, or something? That's what I am planning to do. Maybe you could try to get those 3 days in a week that you were trying for before. Whatever you put your mind to, you can do!

@Cape, that winter challenge seems interesting, I'm in to try it out

The red team has a lot of cheerleaders over there. I think we need some more over here! Get out your pompoms teammates lets cheer each other on! We can beat them this week. We got stomped, lets stomp back!