Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ MONTHLY thread #1282 -- Happy new year!

WELCOME TO A NEW YEAR!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simultaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!
Old 01-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADiES!!!!
MAY ALL YOUR GOALS BE REACHED WiTH STRONG DETERMiNATiON AND JOYFUL APPRECiATiON!!

Old 01-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hello to all you lovely ladies, and Happy New Year! I hadn't been on the site for quite some time, but a friend Amy that I met here many years ago, posted the link on Facebook, so I decided to log in to my account, and was surprised to find 20+ messages in my inbox. I apologize for disappearing, and didn't realize so many people cared/would miss me around here. Heh. 2010 just got so crazy for me, and that's why I went AWOL. My boyfriend moved into my place around February, a lot of craziness happened that spring, along with graduating from college, and in June, we went to Tennessee to the Smokey Mountains, where he proposed, and we got married in July. My photography sideline business started taking off, and I'd just been so swamped, that all my free time not working on photos, filing divorces/bankruptcies for people, etcetera was used for working out, as my hubby bought us a home gym setup around April/May. Which I absolutely love. We got this amazing 50 in one weight machine, an elliptical, recumbant bicycle, and other stuff like that. It's wonderful, and I topped out 2010 with over 20,000 logged exercise minutes. More, I'm sure, but that's just what I logged. It's not for lack of trying that I've plateau-ed severely, and have gone up and down the last 20 pounds, which is incredibly frustrating. I went off plan for about a month, but kept exercising regardless, and it's just been a struggle to lose this weight, and I'm truly not sure why. Ah well, one must never give up. And I don't plan to.

After logging on, and seeing all the messages, I wanted to pop on here and say hello to you all. I hope you are all well! I will (TRY) to stop in, as it doesn't look as if the thread is as fast-moving as it once was, and at least add on some exercise minutes, because I'm definitely good for those!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! You all are truly an amazing group of people.

Last edited by kayleystar; 01-01-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 353/See Ticker/155

Height: 6'1"

Happy New Year Everyone!!!! We Can All Do This!!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

I copied this from the last thread coz I was WAY behind.
Kayley WELCOME BACK! xxxxx (WTG on all that exercise!)
Cyn WOOHOO about the snow! Have you see Ava yet? xxxxx
Well I hope next year brings us ALL good health, happiness and of course weightloss!
I went to a works 'do' with a mate (someone had to work so I got the ticket) it was pretty wild! Men stripping their tops of, boobs being rubbed in faces I didn't know whether to laugh, hide or pretend not to notice! lol I laughed as there were only adults there. I did my nails, hair AND I wore a DRESS!!!!
I've bought new scales coz my old ones fell out of the cupboard and broke so I'm saving my weigh-in for 2nd Jan, not looking forward to it!
xxxxxx sharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 01-02-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Kayley -- It is LOVELY to see you here, and congrats on your marriage!! Please please DO contribute those exercise minutes!!

(That goes for everyone!!)
Old 01-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

This is our year...WE can do this!!
Old 01-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 349/T/180

Height: 5'8

Happy New Year to everyone!!! I love January, it's a new start and another chance to get it right. Well good luck on reaching your goals and thanks for all of the incredible support that is found on this sight!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Back Kayleystar I am glad to see you made it back and congrats on your marriage..it sure sounds like you have had a busy year but glad that you came back to us and hope that you will be able to check in with us

Take Care,
Heather
Old 01-03-2011, 12:50 AM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Hey all, glad to see you all here with your renewed goals. 2011 will be amazing
Old 01-03-2011, 04:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/330/250ish

Height: 6'

Happy New Year. Hope everyone has a healthy, satisfying 2011. Good luck on reaching your goals.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #12  

Happy New Year my Peeps!!

Kayley, omgosh what a year you've had and congoratz on your new marriage!!

Yes, this will be a year dedicated to my health. We all can do this!!

Just wanted to let you know - I lub all of you. Lurkers too!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 01-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 300/273/160

Height: 5'11"

Happy New Year! I know this year is going to be the best ever!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #14  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Its been a while...

Oh my goodness, I cant believe how long its been since I've posted on 3FC! I've came and "lurked" a few times, but I think its been about 3 years since I posted anything! I'm sorry if this is a long post, but this kind of sums up what I've been up to since I last posted!

I moved from NE to Kansas City, MO four years ago in November to be closer to my boyfriend. After I moved here my weight started to really creep up on me. Apparently two obese people with food addictions are not good for each other--who knew?? I started gaining weight pretty rapidly and gained about 50 lbs in 5 mos. I ended up gaining about 100 lbs in 2 years. My highest weight was 463.

About 3 years ago I started looking into weight loss surgery. The only local place my insurance would cover wanted me to lose 70 lbs before they would do my surgery. If I could lose 70 lbs on my own, I would have already done it, and probably wouldnt need surgery--hello! Anyway, I tried to lose the weight for a year, doing everything they told me to do, seeing dietitians, counselors, etc. Finally I decided to quit wasting money on seeing them ($25-$30 every visit, sometimes multiple visits a week) because it wasnt helping anyway. I had given up on having the surgery. However about a year later, at the urging of my then-counselor, I found another place my insurance covered about 200 miles away in Omaha, NE. This may seem like a long drive, but really it was no longer than I drive to see my family that still lives in NE, so I was ok with it. So for all of 2010 I worked on meeting my insurance company's requiremets (LOTS of heartache there) and, 3 years after my initial inquiry, finally had Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery 12/14/10.

I've lost 30 lbs since I had my surgery. I am now wearing clothes that I havent worn for a year or two, and today I'm actually wearing a shirt I bought over a year ago but could never wear until today. I see a lot of hope for my future, for probably the first time ever. WLS is definitely NOT all hearts and flowers all the time, and it is NOT the easy way out, but I felt it was my last chance. I had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, fatty liver disease, poly-cystic ovarian syndrome, and the lymphedema in my hands, legs, and feet was completely out of control. Thankfully I never developed diabetes, but I'm sure I would've had I kept going the way I was.

My boyfriend Nat and I have been together 6 years now and got engaged in June '10. We are getting married May 21. Nat is losing weight too, he's lost about 20 lbs so far!

Last edited by VioletSwerve; 01-03-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Edited to make the font easier to read. :)
Old 01-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #15  
One Fluffy Wolf

Height: 5' 11"

Welcome back VioletSwerve
Closed Thread