Old 01-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Pagan Chicks 2011 - new bio thread

About this forum... Merry meet and welcome to the Paganchicks forum!

We are a diverse group of people who are following various earth based paths and would like to meet, chat and give support to/get support from others with similar beliefs.

If you would like to join in then feel free to post a bio in this thread.

Blessed be.

I am married and raising one 7 year old tabby cat.

I am Following my own mesh of Celticpagan/Eastern philosophies along with practicing yoga and meditation.

Interests: bellydancing, reading (Sci-Fi and Fantasy novels), cooking, travelling, gaming, jewellery making and sewing. I enjoy watching sci fi, horror, fantasy and B-movies as well as Asian cinema.

I listen to a lot of different music but mostly alternative (dark n' dancy ) World music (Celtic, Arabic, Indian, Asian).

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 01-30-2011 at 05:11 PM.
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #2  

Default Merry Meet

I was wondering if there was a place for me to hang out

I'm a Witch with Wicca leanings..does that make sense? Anyway that's how I describe where I'm coming from. I'm a solitary (at present) but it would be interesting to see what a coven could offer.

I enjoy reading, weekend road trips (although recently took a much longer trip in november), I love to knit, I enjoy gardening and have a keen interest in herbs (of course)

I have a great deal to lose and I hope being here will keep me focused on my ultimate goal
Ruslana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome Ruslana!
mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Hi I am new here. I just joined and was thrilled to find this forum. I'm mysti and been married to my husband for almost 14 years. I have two sons they are 7 and 8.

I pretty much am pagan with strong Heath witch leaning. I follow a mixture of Eastern and Western paths. I study the tarot and runes. I also play video games, read way to much, knit and crochet. I am teaching myself to sew. Not too good with intros but I am glad to meet you and happy to be here.
CosmicGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #5  

Merry Meet mauvaicroux and CosmicGal-it's really nice to meet you both
Old 01-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #6  
Tired of the Yo-Yo

S/C/G: 227/225.6/145

Height: 5'2"

Hello Everyone. Its my first day here and I really and truly feel like I dont know where to begin. I came across this forum and thought I'd make my first post here.

I am a witch still searching to find what resonates and what doesn't. I know I have to get in balance with every aspect of my life and my weight is where I struggle the most.

I want to get it resolved and under control this year.

Blessed be.
Shay

Last edited by VeggieGurlShay; 01-22-2011 at 07:44 PM.
VeggieGurlShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/200/155

Height: 5'3"

Default New to this site

Hello All,

I'm new to this site--and have never really done the forum thing, so don't know what the heck I'm doing. Facebook just felt depressing and I'm looking for some support. I'm about to turn 50 and don't want to go into the second half of my life feeling like I'm not really friends with my body. I'm the one who was always teaching other women to be in touch....

As to my bio, I've been wiccan for over 25 years. Let's see...undergraduate degree in religion, trained in a Neo-Gardnerian coven, and apprenticed with a traditional Irish witch. Led my own ecclectic women's group for several years. Have been involved with various CUUPS groups and other covens over the years. I've led many workshops on sacred dance and Goddess spirituality and starting in February I'll again be teaching a "Sacred Performance" class series at a local UU church.

I'm a former modern dancer, singer, actress, and radio DJ. I currently re-purpose clothing into witchy, gothic, and Steampunk confections to sell online and at Pagan Festivals.

Happy to be here.
radiogrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:23 PM   #8  

Default Radiogirrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiogrrl View Post
Hello All,

I'm new to this site--and have never really done the forum thing, so don't know what the heck I'm doing. Facebook just felt depressing and I'm looking for some support. I'm about to turn 50 and don't want to go into the second half of my life feeling like I'm not really friends with my body. I'm the one who was always teaching other women to be in touch....

As to my bio, I've been wiccan for over 25 years. Let's see...undergraduate degree in religion, trained in a Neo-Gardnerian coven, and apprenticed with a traditional Irish witch. Led my own ecclectic women's group for several years. Have been involved with various CUUPS groups and other covens over the years. I've led many workshops on sacred dance and Goddess spirituality and starting in February I'll again be teaching a "Sacred Performance" class series at a local UU church.

I'm a former modern dancer, singer, actress, and radio DJ. I currently re-purpose clothing into witchy, gothic, and Steampunk confections to sell online and at Pagan Festivals.

Happy to be here.
Merry Meet & Welcome. You've had an interesting journey What is steampunk & witchy clothing?
Old 02-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

I'm 51 years old and began to follow a pagan path a little over a year ago - which path is still being learned Earth based for sure, a bit of Witch, a bit of Druid, a bit of Shamanism I guess. There is power in the earth and it came pouring in when menopause was full blown. So much to learn, so much to feel and so very happy to have found my way.
Tea Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/164/122

Height: 5'7"

I'm new here too.

I am obsessed with religion in general... I'm currently working on a master's in the subject. I've been actively studying the occult for about the last 20+ years, since I was really young. I've been influenced by a lot of different religions, but now I'm firmly and happily residing somewhere down the Left Hand Path. The fluff is not for me. I'm mostly devotional, but when I do practical ritual it tends to be a kind of distorted and modified combo of High and Low magic, to use crude terms.

I am fascinated by the goetia, even though it's like trying to read backwards chicken scratch in code through water-filled goggles. I'm comfortable with tarot; I've been using a Thoth deck for about 17 years now (wow, first time I did that math). I read alot; I collect rare/limited occult books. I used to work with others, taught some people, led some groups, but these days I work alone.

I've been trying to incorporate Yoga into my practice as a way to unify the physical and spiritual, but so far I haven't stuck with it. I'm not real fond of slow and gentle, so it's been a challenge.
Recharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/164/122

Tea Granny, interesting that menopause brought you to the Earth.

Transitions, especially for women, can really cue you in to the specific type of energy that you are naturally aligned with. I struggled all through adolescence to tap in to my "wavelength;" but it wasn't until I was fully out of that phase that I really opened up and aligned. I've found that the older I get the more things just fall into place, spiritually speaking... Things I never expected have surged forward, and things I thought I wanted have just faded away.

My point is, we don't always have a choice of when, how, or what we get from the Earth/Divine/Other, but we do eventually get what's right, if we're open to the possibilities and the quiet (or not so quiet) nudges.
Recharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #12  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

I am not new here but I go in and out of the 3FC board a lot. I come and go.

Anyway I am Martina and I am 34 years old. I live with my roommate/ex-bf/bestfriend Dexter and don't plan on having any children in this lifetime.

I am Wiccan, I'm originally from Atlanta but currently live in a fanatically Christian (not the Christian that everyone knows, but very fanatical) small town where people of different faiths are run out of town or know not to come, so with the exception of Dexter (who has recently discovered Taoism) and our friend Graham I'm very solitary right now.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:49 AM   #13  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone! I am a kitchen witch and have identified as pagan for over two decades. I belong to a group of pagan/alternative/spiritual individuals and we meet as a circle on the Sabbats. We have ritual and then a pot luck/feast.

I will be 47 this year, have a wonderful grown son, work in the mental health field and I am blessed to have friends/family I enjoy writing, painting, making jewelry, living mindfully and healthy eating with a little cheating, haha.

I am really looking forward to the full moon next weekend! I like my moon magic!
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #14  
Future Evil Warlord

S/C/G: 225/205/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone!
I am a 35 stay at home mom of three solitary ecclectic witch. I have been studying for a couple of years but I still have so much to learn. I enjoy reading, writing, crafting, watching movies and listening to music.
dreadfullydivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #15  
Grammar Nut

S/C/G: 277/254/135

Excellent! A forum I can slide right into.

I'm a happy Pagan, 19 years and counting. Recently divorced mother to one 12 year old heathen girl. I am a solitary Kali dedicant, one-time tribal style belly dancer looking for a new group.

Right now I'm getting ready to start training for the Tough Mudder in Pennsylvania on my birthday (Earth Day) April 22, 2012.

Wish me luck!
RowanM is offline   Reply With Quote