Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #46  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

Athenos (the fine feta people) just came out with a Greek yogurt duo thing -- strained Greek nonfat yogurt with either honey or blueberries to mix in.

I'm a total Greek yogurt skeptic because I've hated every brand I've tried, but Safeway sucked me in with its $.69 introductory price.

And man, it's good. I've been eating the honey combo, because I'm violently allergic to blueberries, and I'm a big fan. I did a quick google search and there are tons of coupons out there if you want to try it. Curious to see what you guys think.
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:55 PM   #47  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

OMG, I didn't read this whole thread so forgive me if it's been suggeted. But you MUST try the Chobani brand! It is AMAZING! It's the best yogurt I've ever eaten. It is so creamy and yummy.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:01 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 250 / 210 / 210

Height: 6' 4"

I'll credit this thread with getting me to try the 2% Fage brand. It works fine as a mayo substitute, I just mentally unhook the "yogourt" connotation from my mind. I would agree with others that it should be ok as a cottage cheese or sour cream swap as well.

I'd already been skeptical that normal yogourt is "diet" food. It's often so sweet it may as well be viewed more like ice cream. (Especially the generic store brands.) :
darway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:23 PM   #49  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

OK, I have read this post several times. I usually buy a local 100 cal yogurt. I splurged and bought Chobani Strawberry and plan to have it for a snack later. I'm planning on watching a movie and will eat it then . . . I'm NERVOUS though . . . I have some strawberries in the fridge to add if I need too

I'll let you know my 2 cents

katy trail, I'm with you I don't like the whipped either
MadamButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #50  
Sassy!

S/C/G: 208/194/136

Height: 5'5''

The texture thing might be something your stuck with. At first I didn't care for it. But its just so good for you, I powered through the first container of strawberry and now I'm addicted. Recently I took a small container of Dannon plain and added garlic salt, onion powder, and a little pepper and used it as a sauce for my pita (but it could have easily been good for my veggies or other sandwiches!!!). It was better when it was savory because I feel the texture can be a lot like sour cream.
Asherah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherah View Post
The texture thing might be something your stuck with. At first I didn't care for it. But its just so good for you, I powered through the first container of strawberry and now I'm addicted. Recently I took a small container of Dannon plain and added garlic salt, onion powder, and a little pepper and used it as a sauce for my pita (but it could have easily been good for my veggies or other sandwiches!!!). It was better when it was savory because I feel the texture can be a lot like sour cream.
Oooooh, I've used it to make tzatziki sauce and it was AMAZING!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #52  
banned

I just recently discovered that I like it. I tried Fage Total 0%, because it was on sell. I've found several different ways that makes it taste really good:

1.) Slathered on a piece of turkey. YUM ... seriously.

2.) Mixed with LOTS of blueberries.

3.) On a baked potato.

4.) It makes a good substitute for salad dressing, especially on a leafy green salad.

I really wanted to try it mixed in with some almonds, but hubby ate them all before I could get to it. lol.

I like it plain too, though.

I am considering mixing a packet of ranch seasoning in it for a veggie dip. Also, I'm going to try using it as a substitute for mayo in coleslaw. We'll see how that goes. The whole little tub is only 90 calories and 15 grams of protein!

It sucks that it's so expensive, though, because it's so filling and satisfying. I may have to splurge from now on, I guess.

Last edited by 3FCer344892; 01-27-2011 at 01:56 PM.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote