Old 01-26-2011, 02:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Here is a link back to yesterday's conversation:

daily chat Jan. 25, 2011
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:40 AM   #2  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Originally Posted by Marionm
It's a big adjustment as quickly as we go through sizes. And for all those sizes changing outside, there are changes happening inside and they can be an even bigger adjustment. I phased off because I was losing so quickly I couldn't keep up with the the changes I was seeing. I know for me, there was a huge fear that I'd some how mess it up and gain the weight back and of course, it was mixed with joy that something had finally worked. I remember gently arguing with the salesclerk when she told me she thought I needed a smaller size! LOL

I'm faced with an interesting dilemma myself because I phased off back in December and have been eating pretty much the way I expect I will for the rest of my life which means no grains, no potatoes, and no added sugars. I had convinced myself to go back on plan with my friend who is coming home tomorrow, but now I'm really starting to wonder about that because I've lost 1.6 pounds in the last week--just eating 'normal' for me. Since I phased off, I've lost 11 pounds which isn't bad for 6 weeks of weight loss.

Most of what I've been reading about my plan for life for eating says that your weight will stabilize where it needs to be if you keep eating right which leaves me wondering, do I really want to put my body through the stress of going back into ketosis again? There's a part of me that would like some faster results again, but will I even get them. My average on IP was 3 pounds a week and it looks like I'm just under 2 pounds a week now. Any thoughts?

I suppose I should add this caveat so people understand where I'm coming from... I knew how I needed to be eating to be healthy before I started IP. I used IP as a tool for behavior modification. Five months of eating very disciplined with no cheating went a long ways toward changing my habits and I don't want to go back to where I was. I don't envision eating sugary desserts, pastas or a Taco Bell anymore. I don't like how I feel when I did that. IP gave me a tool to break bad habits---and great weight loss was a huge benefit.

So what do you think? Keep doing what I'm doing or go back on plan?

Wow.....I could have written this....(minus being on my lifetime eating for 6 weeks and down 11 pounds...just 1 1/2 weeks and down 2 pounds) I miss the super fast weight loss, but I am so proud that I am eating so well and losing and getting some great exercise in. I get depressed when I think that it will take me 4-5 months to lose 25 pounds when it took me 4 months to lose 58, but I am so proud that IP taught me such great self control.

To all my friends I made over the last 4/5 months...I miss you bunches. I hope everyone is well. I have three weeks until my cruise and I am psyched.

Last edited by darbs7; 01-26-2011 at 05:42 AM.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:29 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgirl View Post
Hi Everyone, I hope everyone's day went well. Mine started out that way, a good 1 hour of exercise, did some cleaning, trying very hard to stay on program and have followed it to a T since Sunday. Did not eat properly today (didn't get in my 4 cups of veggies which I don't all the time) and fell off tonight with a bang. I have been slipping up for the past four weekends. Foodwise and vodka. I fell off at Christmas and have not been faithful to the program since. I love this program, I remember having that feeling of no cravings and loving it. I have 36 lbs off since October 15/10 and have another 40 to my goal. Any suggestions to rev things up for a big loss week and hopefully that will motivate me to get on track again.
Dgirl Judy (petiteandcute) had a great suggestion for you in yesterday's thread -- find one thing that motivates you and, to quote, "use it, use it, use it"

Another thought, don't focus on the what happened over Christmas. We'll all step off a program of what we know is best for us from time to time. It can be overwhelming to look at another extended time period. Don't worry about the scale and the reults at your next weigh-in. Aside the first week when many but not all people drop >5 lbs, there's really nothing to predict when you will have a surprisingly large drop at the scale.

I remember reading about an doctor who has created a program with similar principles as IP. She wrote something like -- People think they have to lose weight to get healthy; how it works is they have to get healthy to lose weight. It's hard to tell what our miraculous bodies are healing when we have those unexplained .5 lb weeks, but trust the diet and your body. Some important stuff is going on and you will burn the fat you want burned -- just not when your mind says so.

Focus on what you need to get back on track for the next meal. One meal at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Wow.....I could have written this....(minus being on my lifetime eating for 6 weeks and down 11 pounds...just 1 1/2 weeks and down 2 pounds) I miss the super fast weight loss, but I am so proud that I am eating so well and losing and getting some great exercise in. I get depressed when I think that it will take me 4-5 months to lose 25 pounds when it took me 4 months to lose 58, but I am so proud that IP taught me such great self control.
I soooooooo hear you about thinking "I know how to do this faster." And then later, when I'm in my right mind, I know I've made a good choice for me ... maintenance style eating with a small weight loss goal as motivation. I haven't added the exercise component yet, despite my talk about it. And, no promises from me yet. I'm impressed that you've taken on an exercise program! I'll have to go read what you're doing ... maybe in the exercise thread?
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #4  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Hope all have a successful day today! So many great WI and NSV's in the past few days threads. Congratulations to all.

I have a WI tomorrow and am excited for this. All my jeans do not fit anymore. I used to wear 42's, then I had a couple of pairs of 40's and was wearing those. Today put on 40's and they were LOOSE, my belt is on the last hole and needs another added!

Yesterday I had 3 people ask me what I was doing because they could notice a considerable difference. That felt great!

My 5 yr old daughter now drinks water out of little water bottles with me and prefers this as her drink of choice. When we go somewhere she will ask to take one with her and reminds me to get mine. She has also started packing her breakfast for school like dad takes his lunch to work. She by no means needs to lose weight, I think just like mimicking dad. She is also starting to like the veggies I prepare for dinner.

Dinners have been great at home and making them for all to like is a challenge but we are all doing great.

There are so many benefits to this program and they are all showing. Keep up the good work all!

Here is my motivation quote throughout my days......"Is that cookie (or non protocol food) worth $50 right now and slow/stop the roller coaster of results?" Not for me!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #5  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Everyone!! I want to start by saying I am really proud of myself. I went out to eat for the first time since I started IP and I was really nervous but I was able to ask for the salad bar and some salmon patties instead of all the other good stuff that was on the menu. I went with 3 of my co-workers and they all picked some really good dishes but in the middle lunch I noticed they were the ones looking at how I was eating and feeling bad about eating all those fried things. At the end all of them were saying how full they felt and how they felt like they had gained almost 5 pounds from all the food they had eaten. Meanwhile I was not full but satisfied and proud of myself. I had resisted the cravings and behaved.
Well, today feels like it is going to be a good day. It is raining a lot outside but I am already at work. I am in TOM, and thanks to your advice yesterday I am not so worried about how much weight I loose this week.
I hope everyone has an amazing day!!!
Lilly0618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Dgirl

I remember reading about an doctor who has created a program with similar principles as IP. She wrote something like -- People think they have to lose weight to get healthy; how it works is they have to get healthy to lose weight. It's hard to tell what our miraculous bodies are healing when we have those unexplained .5 lb weeks, but trust the diet and your body. Some important stuff is going on and you will burn the fat you want burned -- just not when your mind says so.

Focus on what you need to get back on track for the next meal. One meal at a time.
That is great!!! I will remember that for sure!!

I hope everyone has a GREAT IP day!!! I KNOW today won't be a cheating day!!! I got my chocolate drink, my veggies for lunch and gotta run back home to get my books and supper for school so NO TIME for cheating..I have to get focused on my goal again..I can't fall off the wagon one more time!!!

I have to say it again...you guys are FANTASTIC!!!

xoxoxox
CutieEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine216 View Post

CutieElie, I do beleive you are trying to self sabotage my friend! What do you think? I would know the symptoms, I've done it myself. My advice it so stop looking at the scale for a while (like 1 week! I know!) and follow protocol (to the letter Misses!). Once you are 2-3 pounds under the 200's you can resume to check the scale as often as you want. Stop sabotaging!! You can do this, we can all do this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I hope you'll take this as a little tough love, but losing weight takes self-discipline--something I was greatly lacking. I'm a person that looks at the big picture and for me, it just seemed unachievable. But then I started reading a couple of books by Matthew Kelly...the first was The Rhythm of Life and the second is called Perfectly Yourself: Nine Lessons for Enduring Happiness. I highly recommend them, but I can share the most important lesson I learned... each moment we make a choice... we can choose to be the best version of ourselves or we can choose to be a lesser version of ourselves.... the choice is ours... the choice is YOURS. I couldn't make a choice to change my life entirely, but at this moment in time, I can choose to be a better person. That's how I did it... one moment a time. When I wanted to eat something off my plan, I reminded myself that I was the boss of my body--not the other way around. When we let our bodies and bad habits we have made control us, we are not free. Little by little, it got much easier.

You can do this, you just need to keep choosing to do the right thing... over and over!

These were from yesterday but I just wanted to say a HUGEEEEEEEEEE THANK YOU!!! YOu guys make me realize so many things and by reading this I know I can do better and I know that I need to learn so much and trust myself more and eventually it will come together!!!

I so wished we could do this all together other than virtually..kinda like The Biggest Loser...lol :P
Old 01-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!! I want to start by saying I am really proud of myself. I went out to eat for the first time since I started IP and I was really nervous but I was able to ask for the salad bar and some salmon patties instead of all the other good stuff that was on the menu. I went with 3 of my co-workers and they all picked some really good dishes but in the middle lunch I noticed they were the ones looking at how I was eating and feeling bad about eating all those fried things. At the end all of them were saying how full they felt and how they felt like they had gained almost 5 pounds from all the food they had eaten. Meanwhile I was not full but satisfied and proud of myself. I had resisted the cravings and behaved.
Well, today feels like it is going to be a good day. It is raining a lot outside but I am already at work. I am in TOM, and thanks to your advice yesterday I am not so worried about how much weight I loose this week.
I hope everyone has an amazing day!!!

That is awesome Lily0618!!! The feeling is nice when you are proud of yourself Keep doing what you are doing!!!
Have a great IP day!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #9  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
That is awesome Lily0618!!! The feeling is nice when you are proud of yourself Keep doing what you are doing!!!
Have a great IP day!
Thank you!!
Lilly0618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #10  
CBG

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Happy Wednesday everyone! Hope you all have a very rewarding IP day today and hang in there for the results you are wanting. It is worth it! I am so close to goal that I can almost reach out and touch it! A few weeks ago I was bemoaning the fact that nothing was happening, I had stalled out with weight loss and wondering if I needed a break from IP. Now if I keep going for a few more weeks I will get the break I want with the results I want. Have I mentioned lately I love IP?
CBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:42 AM   #11  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

Am I remembering this correctly, you are back to dancing quite regularly? I am sure your added activity with better eating principles is helping you continue in your weight loss.

The bod pod was so much easier than the dunk test I did. It is just sitting in a nice dry, quiet space for about 5 min and not moving. I would do it again for sure. I am not sure of the cost or where they have them. The program I am doing had this factored in. Here is a link to the company's home page. You can click on the link on the lower right to find a location.

http://www.bodpod.com
Yes, Carla, I am dancing at least 3 nights a week, I'm doing 45-60 minutes on an elliptical on the days I don't dance and I'm working on setting up a strength training routine but I haven't started it yet. (It's my final project for my Conditioning and Training class.)

I sent an inquiry this morning to the one place listed in Iowa and I'll see what they come back with about the BOD POD testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Trending down is a good thing. Self control is better though.

I actually began the application process for The Biggest Loser, but now I'm glad I didn't follow through with it. Doing this at home and having to make choices to not eat what the rest of my family is eating is reality for me and the it's one I'm going to deal with for the rest of my life so I might as well start now. I'm thankful we have message boards like this where we can all connect as we are struggling through our daily lives though! Even if I only manage to pop in for a few days and then disappear for awhile.

I'm taking my middle daughter out to lunch today so we can have some mommy time. I'm really looking forward to it, but for now, I need to get busy and write some papers!

Have a great day everyone!
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 155/145/135

Height: 5'9"

I found this thread last night and I'm so happy I did. I have found great success stories and encouragement and now feel like I might have a support team that I can ask questions of, get recipes, etc. I started IP on Saturday, heard about it from a friend. I need to lose 20 pounds, but I've needed to do this for the past 6 years and just couldn't do it on my own. I'm on my 5th day and already feel lighter. Jeans are fitting a little better. I know I will be checking back here daily to see how everyone is doing. Thank you everyone for all the encouragement!!!
cyndee57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

just wanted to pull this forward from yesterdays thread-

Hi all, nice to see all the good work! i have a question about diabetes and IP. my mom, aunt and grandma (yes, you read that correctly...lol) all want to get on protocol. I'm so freakin excited to have a close face to face group i can't stand it!!! BUT-my mom and aunt take diabetes meds. any advice? I told mom to check her blood regularly thru the day for awhile to make sure she isn't going to low. not sure what else... help please, comments, cautions, experiences, anything!
rondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #14  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Rondar....

Seems to me like I've seen a thread covering that topic or seen some posts about it, you may want to check out all the threads under IP. I personally think it would be a good idea for your mom to talk to her doctor.

Showgirl... I loved reading your post. Congrats on being choosen to speak about IP, we know you will do great! After all, you are the IP Queen!

Yes, my Alexis also LOVES to chew on rocks, and eat the dirt out of my braided ficus that's in my livingroom *eyeroll* She hasn't ruined any of my sprinkler heads yet (not that I know of) but she keeps bringing pieces of speghetti tubing that is on the deck for wating all my rail baskets. Thank god hubby owns his owner sprinkler business...looks like he's gonna have work to do in the spring. Last summer she loved the choco baskets, by the end of summer, she had all the baskets chewed to bits. I sure hope she has out grown that.

I hope you all have a positive day!
Coloradodivegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #15  
Started IP Oct 11,2010

S/C/G: 229.8/181/147

Height: 5.4"

Hi! Everyone..

Well I hate to admit it or even say this BUT..
I gained 2 lbs this week.

I figured part of the process of weight loss is being accountable for my actions.
I do not believe in cheating and do not condone it either, at the same time I do believe in owning up to it.

I am not going to let one yes just one bad day and decision sabotage the rest of this journey. I sucked it up and back on track, I am not going to dwell on it! The scale next week will be a loss I can feel it.

Have a wonderful day everyone and thanks for listening.
Lisa
smileylisa is offline   Reply With Quote