Old 01-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/227/160

Height: 5' 10"

Default I fail at weekends

I did SO good all week long. I stayed exactly within my calorie counts, I ate 6 times daily, I drank plenty of water and cut out sodas completely.

Friday night, I decided to reward myself with the glass of wine I had wanted all week long.

One turned to two, two turned into three. Saturday, it was french fries and beer. Sunday it was pasta.

Oh, and I still haven't made it to the gym.

I don't know how to break this cycle.
DigitalSinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/142/130

Try to reward your week accomplishment with non food treats. Such as a movie, a shopping trip, whatever gives you pleasure.

Alcool lowers my ability to say no to food, you know how it goes, a sip, another one, two bittes, another glass and here comes the cake why not LOL.

For the gym no easy way about it just go and the rest will take care of itself, once you get moving difficult to stop specially when the start showing.

Good luck
Michou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #3  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Simply stop doing it.

I know that's a cruddy answer, but a friend who went through a 12 step program for substance addiction said he whined to his sponsor that he didn't know how to stop...and the guy stared at him and said "stop...doing...it".

It holds true to the bad habits we have with food too.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:35 PM   #4  

Touche'...can't really argue that kind of logic.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150.7/131/125

Height: 5'2

I too love to have a few drinks to help me relax after a stressful day/week.. Of course we want to reward ourselves to a drink after all of our hard work.. My husband who is a marathon runner drinks and doesn't gain an ounce me on the other hand have put on 10 pounds having the occasional drink with him. I know its hard but you just have to cut it out to reach your goal or work them into your daily calories. If there is a hockey game and I want to enjoy it with a couple of beers I just work them into my calories for the day. You can also enjoy virgin drinks - no one will know but you.. Also if I do drink and have the urge to eat I just have a taste or have a 100 calorie pack instead. A few weeks ago I did go to a house party and had a few too many drinks and worked all week to get back down to the weight I was before I went out.. Doesn't seem worth it to me when I can still have fun and drink in moderation.. Good luck to you!!
tripletmomplus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #6  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38 and Ready View Post
I did SO good all week long. I stayed exactly within my calorie counts, I ate 6 times daily, I drank plenty of water and cut out sodas completely.

Friday night, I decided to reward myself with the glass of wine I had wanted all week long.

One turned to two, two turned into three. Saturday, it was french fries and beer. Sunday it was pasta.

Oh, and I still haven't made it to the gym.

I don't know how to break this cycle.
you know what they say....
RECOGNIZING YOUR FAILURES IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS SUCCESS!

you FIRST...have to BELIEVE YOU CAN!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

You need a plan on which wine, pizza, and other things aren't "off limits." Either build in some flexibility with your calorie limits, or join something like Weight Watchers that has built in flex points.

I have a beer most nights, have had pizza a few times, sushi, cookies, etc. And I still lose steadily and am never "off plan."
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
You need a plan on which wine, pizza, and other things aren't "off limits." Either build in some flexibility with your calorie limits, or join something like Weight Watchers that has built in flex points.

I have a beer most nights, have had pizza a few times, sushi, cookies, etc. And I still lose steadily and am never "off plan."
I completely agree. I don't think a plan will work for a lifetime, that doesn't include access to some of these things. I guess some people could just swear off of them forever, but I don't think that would work for most.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

I'm in the same boat! I do awesome during the week, totally on point with everything. Eating right, working out. Then the weekend comes and somehow I think it's a good idea to buy the "big deals" cookie tub at the bakery section of the grocery store and not workout. This past weekend PMS told me to buy that "big deals" tub of cookies and I went thru them over the weekend! Cookies are a trigger food, I can't stop and I learned that I'm not ready to budget a few into my diet just yet either...so mini NSV there.

This weekend, i'm going to try something. I'm going to plan my food just as if it were a weekday. Hopefully that will give some structure.

Also, give yourself an allowace for wine, pizza, cookies etc. Doing that with my fave foods help me to not feel deprived.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #10  

I'm currently re-evaluating my plan of action. I drink too much. Not in the way of OMG you're an alcoholic, but I drink enough that it's stymying what I'm doing right. I enjoy coming home and having a drink or two...but there are other things that I enjoy just as much. I purchased myself some club soda and juice the other day and that's just as tasty to me. I know some people are like, "Yeah, alcohol lags out the metabolism, it's not rocket surgery" (yes, I know, that was done on purpose before you think I'm a bonehead) and someone said to me in another post "Well then just stop." My reaction to that was one of complete slack-jaw. I had nothing to say back to that because they were absolutely right. I think I'm still in the process of making excuses for myself here.