Old 01-25-2011, 10:28 PM   #1  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

Default Opinions needed on the home strecth to Goal

Here's the basic info.

I have been on my journey since November 2008

I had an exercise break from mid Nov-Jan to recover from surgery (hysterectomy and abdominoplasty)

I have been going to Boot camp since Jan 1

I have been going to the gym and doing the treadmill (5k training) and bike (5 miles) at least 3 of my off days and as much as 5 times a week. I am running my first 5k in 3 weeks and I want my time under 30 minutes right now my treadmill time is 32 mins. Anyways I'm pretty excitedabout the race.

I track my calories everyday and they range from 1300 on low days to 1700 on a rare high day. On average I am at 1500.

I drink water and unsweeted tea. No soda. I recently have cut back on alcohol and I count those calories too.

I am staying the same in weight. So frustrating ! I am wanting to get to my goal asap and definitely by summer and I am not sure what more I can do. Any Suggestions?
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:22 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Wow, you are doing absolutely amazing! I'm SUPER impressed!

I think it's really tough as we approach the home stretch. The best thing to do right now would be to do HIIT. That will shock your body....however, I'd wait until after you're done with your 5K. If that doesn't work I'd maybe drop the calories from an average of 1500 to an average of 1400, but with your activity level, that doesn't seem like a great idea because of your high activity level. You also didn't mention weight training...that could do a lot to boost your metabolism. Finally, if nothing else works....what are you eating? Are you eating processed foods? I'd cut out all white things, all processed foods and all artificial anything....along with drastically cutting out sodium. Other than that, I can't really think of anything else. I'm SURE you'll get there...it just probably takes longer at the end, but your diligence will definitely pay off!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:38 PM   #3  
Finally Losing Myself

I am eating fruits, veggies,eggs, lean meats, mostly chicken.I can make chicken 50 ways and love it every time lol. Wheat bread when I eat bread which isn't often. Alot of salad, veggies raw, grilled or roasted. I do eat an occasional lean cuisine or weight watchers frozen meal out of convenience.

I do alot of weight training,push-ups,sit-ups, squats and so much more at boot camp.

Thanks for your response.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:17 AM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

You are pretty much perfect, as far as I can tell. You look beautiful. I'd suggest you just keep at it and be proud of all your accomplishments.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I tend to give up when I get close to goal, so I have no advice for you. But there is a featherweight forum on here somewhere, I'm sure they'll have lots of good advice for you, and are used to not pulling big numbers.
Quillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

It does sound like you're doing everything right....the only option I can see would be to drop calories, which I don't think I would do if I were you....I am sure the weight will come off...how long has your weight been the same?
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

I don't think you've hit a plateau - just a more gentle slope. All you need is patience and more patience. It will happen in its own time. You can't hurry it any more than to continue with what you are doing. BELIEVE it will happen.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/142/130

I would recalculate your BMR according to your actual weight to see if you need to adjust your calorie intake in order to keep loosing weight.

Using myself as an exemple, at 170 my number was 1764 remove 500 for the pound a week that was 1264.

Now at 134 the number is 1568 remove 500 gives me 1068.

It is a 200 calories a day difference for me.
Michou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:54 AM   #9  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I hit my plateau at the same BMI as yours. I stayed there a couple months. To break it, I ended up throwing in a higher calorie day 1-2 days per week. I also took a two week exercise break, but it sounds like you already did that.

After your race, you may consider taking a 1-2 week break from everything, including diet. I wouldn't do any kind of free for all. But I took mine over the holidays so going off plan was...well...EASY. LOL! When I came back, the weight just fell off. It was beautiful. And my energy at the gym soared!! Fantastic!

Good luck! This close to goal is HARD!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #10  
Finally Losing Myself

Thanks for all your suggestions and letting me know I am not alone here.

I think for now since I am race training I will just put the scale away for alittle while. I let the scale get me upset pretty easily knowing I am laying it all out on the gym floor at boot camp and running my best 5k thus far last night. I have to believe it will happen and I need to just stay focused.

My trainer suggested I was working out too much and not letting myself recover? I am not sure about this, I know I am focused,determined and excited about taking the next step on my journey and doing my first 5k.

I know I am battling some emotional issues as my best friend joined my boot camp. While I am thrilled she is starting her journey it has taken some adjustment for me to make sure I focus on me. It's hard to explain but it is taking some adjusting for me. I use my running time alone to destress and focus on me and me alone.

I will keep ya'll informed on what happens because I will get to goal in time.