Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 12:27 PM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Thumbs down Just For A Week Challenge

Ok, listen up! The short explanation: This is not meant to compete with any other thread and I'll ramble on in my usual places. Just thought it'd be nice to ask ourselves if we really want to do this (e.g., loss or maintain a healthy weight and/or fitness level) and then do it!

Proposing: Declare a one-week set of weight management (or diet) behaviors and then STICK TO THEM (NO EXCUSES ALLOWED, NONE, NADDA, FORGET ABOUT IT!)!!!! Post short, focused me-me reports each day on where we are with those goals. (I can be short, really!)

My feelings will NOT be hurt if no one posts here ... I'll do it anyhoo! It's just meant to be an extra push to Easter and a chance to test our commitment as to whether we wanna do this thing and how much we are willing to get with a program to get it!

Old 04-13-2003, 12:45 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

I am challenging myself to the basic program I've been on for a few weeks!

Calories: 1500s-1800s, with 1700s or less preferred; calorie count runs midnight to midnight with NO sneaky adding any overages in to the next day.

Exercise: Go to gym each day it's open (closed Sundays and holidays) and continue my personal goal to do 365 gym days ... Monday will be Day 17.

I'll report back here tomorrow as follows:

Day One

Calories 0000, Met Challenge? Yes/No

Exercise: Went to Gym? Yes/No/Gym Closed

Gym Days Since Joined: 16

Old 04-13-2003, 02:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Ok This Sounds Like a Great Challenge for Me!!!! I am at crunch time for my wedding on May 3rd.

I will officially start my challenge tomorrow (Monday).... since I have basically blown the whole food thing today already and am disappointed in myself.

20 Days and Counting!!!!!

GOALS FOR WEEK OF APRIL 14-20, 2003

GYM: M-F (am) 30 Minutes Cardio and Half of Circuit Training (Upper or Lower Body)..... (gym may not be open on Good Friday - not sure)

BREATHING: Do Breathing Exercises Twice a Day for a total of 80 deep breathings..... (this helps to reduce stress and also to increase lung capicity amoung other things!)

WALKING: Walk the dogs at least once a day for 1 1/2 miles.

HIKING: Hike Stone Mountain 2 times this week.

YOGA & PILATES: Take yoga Monday Night and Do Pilates Tuesday and Thursday.

FOOD PLAN: Before Gym: A Piece of Fruit After Gym: Bowl of Total Cereal Mid Morning Snack: Cottage Cheese Lunch: Brown Rice, Veggies, Chicken or salad with chicken Early Afternoon Snack: Yogurt Late Afternoon Snack: Piece of Fruit Dinner: Brown Rice, Veggies, Chicken, Jello Evening Snack: 100 calorie sweet (which makes the calorie intake about 1500 calories a day).

WATER: Drink 10 Glasses of Water a day.

SLEEPING: 7 hours a night.

I know it sounds as if I am being militant but I need this focus with all this right now... and now I can see it in print...

Thanks for starting this Amarantha!!!!!

Last edited by Angel26519; 04-13-2003 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-13-2003, 04:19 PM   #4  
Hot Stuff

Amarantha and Angel, I'll join you! I had already set tomorrow as a Fresh Start day, so this is perfect timing! I've been feeling rather unwell with my IBS the last two weeks, and I am ready to get back on track. Warm weather is fast approaching and I really want to lose 10lbs to start with, with an eventual goal of 30lbs.

So, this week I pledge to:
  • Journal every day - maybe I'll use FitDay for this
  • Plan meals ahead of time to prevent eating anything that doesn't move fits
  • Get in 6-8 glasses of water
  • Walk 2 miles on the treadmill every day, minimum
  • Take my vitamin every day
  • I will NOT SUCCUMB to Easter chocolate!

Here's to a Fresh Start and a Successful Week!
Old 04-14-2003, 08:01 AM   #5  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Ok, I'm in!

A week might be easier to commit to than 21 days right now. And, of course, one week leads to another Recovering from incapacitating stiff sore neck from last week, so I'm looking forward to feeling better!

Here's what I'm committing to for this week:
  • Journal every day
  • Meditate every day (this is something I've been meaning to do and will really help. But I need to commit myself to it, or I just won't!)
  • 10-8 oz. glasses of water
  • 3 sets of yoga
  • 3 sets of tai chi
  • 3 sets of circuit training
  • 3 45-minute walks
  • No white stuff: sugar, white flour, rice, or pasta (exception: wine at Easter brunch, but NO dessert)
  • 7-9 veggies/fruits a day
  • Stay within WW points limit, which works out to about 1450 calories, only with more added on for exercise.
  • Do something just for fun, every day.

All right, then. Let's go!

Last edited by Arabella; 04-14-2003 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:58 AM   #6  
Empress/Queen

Smile Yo! Day 2!

ATTENTION!!! Short and focused welcomes to Angel, Wildfire and Wood Nymph Arabella to the ONE-WEEK BOOT CAMPY, NO EXCUSES, ABSOLUTELY CAN-DO CHALLENGE!

My Report on Day One

Calories 1765, Met Challenge? Yes

Exercise: Went to Gym? Gym Closed

Gym Days Since Joined: 16

ON TO DAY TWO, CAN DO!

Old 04-14-2003, 04:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Default My goals

A one week challange sounds great. On my own I haven't made it past 1 or two days in ages.

Here we go.

1500 calories

at least 20 minutes of some kind of exercise.

Spend some time working outside each day.

Not to worry about posting too much. Hopefully I will be here several times daily and you will all be sick of me by the end week.

So far today
Oatmeal -- 150 calories
Apple - 90
Tuna Salad - 200
rice poof thing - 70
2 red vines - 80
3/4 cup of milk - 60
strawberries - 50
cottage cheese - 150
apple 90
Total = 1040

dinner:
cauliflower soup 100
feta cheese 90
banana 100
1/2 small glass wine 50

Total 1380

Haven't exercised yet and haven't been outside.

Last edited by morrigan; 04-14-2003 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-14-2003, 05:05 PM   #8  

Default Day One....

Ok So far for today.....

Food: Banana - 90 calories
Total w/ milk - 270 calories
Cookies w/milk - 380 calories
Tuna Sandwich - 325 calories

So as you can tell with the food I have been bad I have only 400 calories left and I havent had dinner..... I hope I can get there....

Gym: Warm Up Cardio - 10 min
Upper Body Circuit - 30 min
Cardio - 25 min
Stretch - 10 min

Gym Time was good!!!!! Proud of myself there.....

Breathing: I have done about 10 Deep Breaths so far.... have 30 yet to do

Glad to see everyone else here.....
Old 04-14-2003, 06:47 PM   #9  
Hot Stuff

Default DAY ONE

Getting through day one without any problems (yet!). Calories for the day are at 1707 according to FitDay. Haven't eaten supper yet, but those calories are planned and included. Then it's on to ye old treadmill for a couple of miles, to be followed by doctor-prescribed back exercises for this pain in the back of mine. Have to pop my multi-vitamin with supper and get in a couple more glasses of water, which won't be a problem after doing the treadmill!

Morrigan, nice to see you around...it's been ages since I saw you post.

Amarantha, I think this just might work!

to Arabella and Angel
Old 04-15-2003, 01:21 AM   #10  
Empress/Queen

It WILL work, Wildfire, because WE ARE WORKING IT!!! Woo-hoo!!! Can we succeed? You bet!!!

Welcome, Morrigan!!! It be good to see thee on the board!

I'm posting this one hour and 45 minutes before the day is over but I have to start way early tomorrow and likely won't be able to post until evening.

My Report on Day Two

Calories 1810, Met Challenge? Yes

Exercise: Went to Gym? Yes

Gym Days Since Joined: 17

Am I fantastic or what?!

Old 04-15-2003, 05:56 AM   #11  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry Day 2

Yes! Made it through Day 1. And, I may say, there were a number of times that I might have gone off-plan, but didn't because I reminded myself of my commitment.

Here's yesterday:
  • Journal every day - check!
  • Meditate every day (this is something I've been meaning to do and will really help. But I need to commit myself to it, or I just won't!) - I did, and solely because of the challenge
  • 10-8 oz. glasses of water - check!
  • 3 sets of yoga
  • 3 sets of tai chi
  • 3 sets of circuit training
  • 3 45-minute walks - I didn't exercise, but I have the week to get this in.
  • No white stuff: sugar, white flour, rice, or pasta (exception: wine at Easter brunch, but NO dessert) - check!
  • 7-9 veggies/fruits a day - 7
  • Stay within WW points limit, which works out to about 1450 calories, only with more added on for exercise. - check (29 points)
  • Do something just for fun, every day. - listened to loud music, while doing dishes. What a crazy woman!

All right, then. Let's go! On with today! Hello to All Challengers!
Old 04-15-2003, 08:12 AM   #12  

GYM: M-F (am) 30 Minutes Cardio and Half of Circuit Training (Upper or Lower Body)..... (gym may not be open on Good Friday - not sure)Check 35 min cardio; Upper Body Circuit; 15 min Warm Up

BREATHING: Do Breathing Exercises Twice a Day for a total of 80 deep breathings..... (this helps to reduce stress and also to increase lung capicity amoung other things!) 1/2 check - did get 50 Deep Breaths in)

WALKING: Walk the dogs at least once a day for 1 1/2 miles. missed - BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

HIKING: Hike Stone Mountain 2 times this week.

YOGA & PILATES: Take yoga Monday Night and Do Pilates Tuesday and Thursday. Didnt get to the yoga class because I had to do something for the wedding so I will do a yoga video this week

FOOD PLAN: Before Gym: A Piece of Fruit After Gym: Bowl of Total Cereal Mid Morning Snack: Cottage Cheese Lunch: Brown Rice, Veggies, Chicken or salad with chicken Early Afternoon Snack: Yogurt Late Afternoon Snack: Piece of Fruit Dinner: Brown Rice, Veggies, Chicken, Jello Evening Snack: 100 calorie sweet (which makes the calorie intake about 1500 calories a day).
Banana - 90 calories; Total w/ milk - 270 calories;
Cookies w/milk - 480 calories; Tuna Sandwich - 325 calories
Bourbon Chicken and Mac and cheese - 625 calories; Cookies w/milk - 410 calories SO I HAD ABOUT 2200 Calories

WATER: Drink 8-10 Glasses of Water a day. 8 Glasses- Check

SLEEPING: 7 hours a night. 7 hours - Check

I blew it on the food.... Keith brought home these fudge covered graham cookies home sunday that have just called my name!
Which I dont even know why he brought them home because he is now on a diet and hasnt eaten any of them.... UGH!!!!!! Anyway, going to do much better today!!!!!

Last edited by Angel26519; 04-15-2003 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:31 AM   #13  
Hot Stuff

Calories for yesterday were reduced to 1567 because I didn't have the fruit and cool whip I had planned. Burned 200 calories on the treadmill, so total for the day was 1367. Finished my water, took my vitamin, and was in bed at 10:15pm. Hooray!

Day two is going to be a scorcher with temps in the 28 C range! Off to a good start, had my calcium supplement with my bagel and already have 16 oz of water in.

*whoohoooo*
Old 04-15-2003, 07:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Today
oatmeal -150
1/2 small sandwich - 150
1/2 cup chicken noodle soup 90
1/2 small sweet roll 100
1 glass red wine 120
spinach salad with 50
chicken 200
dressing 50
croutons 100
feta 100
avocado 300
more wine 120

= 1430

no exercise - but very busy - taking the baby to visit cousins.

snack - sweet potatoe - 300 more calories

Last edited by morrigan; 04-15-2003 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:52 PM   #15  
Hot Stuff

Default Day 2

Just on my way to the treadmill to burn 200 calories. Total for the day is 1438 (less 200 burned = 1238)

Getting the last of the water in, and all is done for the day!
Closed Thread