Old 01-24-2011, 07:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

Default What did you do today?

Or within the last few days, what did you do to avoid temptation? Did you choose an orange to snack on and not chips? I did something I did not think I could do. A few days ago I went out on a date, nothing major, but he had taken me to starbucks, which I never ever ever go. I haven't felt hungry for hours and haven't even had dinner. I stillw asn;t hungry, but I was looking at the menu and was about to order something that sounded good and full of sugary goodness, but I seen a skinny vanilla latte (130 calories). Not the healthiest drink, but it was a much better choice that what I wanted. It's true that the first 2 weeks are the hardest. I'm much more conscious about what I choose to eat not and without thinking I'm checking out the nutritional facts.

So, what have you done that you have to be very proud of yourself for?
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #2  
gym bunny

S/C/G: 210/168/140

Height: 5ft 6

I love chips but I cant have them. So I bought cucumbers, pop them in the oven for a bit, and eat them with salsa. yum.
nickyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I'm learning how to cook. A HUGE challenge because I have never cooked...up until now. I'm learning that I can personalize my own meals and still have my favorites and stay in complete control of my calories all at once as long as I'M THE ONE COOKING IT. I'm having so much fun learning all these new recipes that are all about me that I actually feel deprived if I have to go somewhere and eat out with someone. That is totally depressing now because I dont even know what I'm eating. What if they used lard or straight butter. What if they used smooshy gross peas that had been thawing out on the counter for 12 hours. What if they used eggs from a farm that lets their chickens sit in overfull cages of miserable featherless, overpecked birds.

Yeah I might be over thinking it. But I think that was my major problem about food to begin with...I didnt think at all.
The Last Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

I did the stair stepper for a little bit before I went to my zumba class and i hate that machine, but I still did it and I'm proud
Jessica88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #5  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I had Diet Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa Mix for an evening snack when I was craving something sweet. It felt like a dessert but was only 25 calories.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:36 PM   #6  
Tired of the Yo-Yo

S/C/G: 227/225.6/145

Height: 5'2"

A girlfriend invited me over and decided she was going to make me lunch. I packed my own and hadnt told her I started weight watchers. It was lobster melts. It smelt so good. Looked so good. Instead of saying "Eff it" and using my bonus points I grabbed out all the ingredients and calculated the points and found that one small serving would be 4.6 points and so I said give me half of it! And I had a small half, and ate the healthy lunch i packed and all was well. I socialized and didnt feel deprived. :-D
VeggieGurlShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #7  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Walked for a little less than 2 1/2 hours. If I keep making myself do that, combined with calorie reduction, that should knock off an extra couple of pounds per month.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #8  
Set and determined...

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'6"

I went to Walmart and instead of filling my car with yummy snacks (meaning empty calories) I filled it with fruit, wheat bread, and whole grain cereal! AND I passed up BK on the way out even though I was famished!
Call Me Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

A skinny vanilla latte isn't actually that bad. Its made with skim milk, espresso and sugar free syrup. The worse part is the fakey syrup part, but the milk and espresso are pretty decent choices, esp. at Starbucks.

I too, went to Starbucks today. And got a black coffee and a pack of raw almonds. MUCH better than the scone I wanted....
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Height: 5 8"

Even though I was dead beat I went to the gym for some cardio. 30 minutes and I felt more energy than when I arrive. Even though my legs almost buckled underneath me when I was walking down some steps! ha ha!
Plus I made sure to write down everything I ate. I consider today a success.
hayleycreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I worked out for an hour and felt excited that I wasn't totally ready to pass out. My kids have been helping with my stretches. I think I might become as flexible as I was in high school when I was cheerleading!
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

I love your subsitute ideas. I never thought about oven baked cucumbers and salsa. Sounds good. I get myself in the gym when I don't feel like it too. I'm like you, I feel more energy coming out than going in. Don't know why, but I love that worked-out feeling. Or when you just get down sweating and you go outside and hit that fresh air.
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Never heard of baked cucumber. I'll have to try that one.

Larry,
-----------
Someday is not a day of the week. ~Author Unknown
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote