General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #1  

Smile Jackie Warner - This Is Why You're Fat

Has anyone read this book and tried it? I am still reading it but to start it off you add food and have a requirement to meet for two weeks. You dont have to stop eating the food you always eat, but the whole point is you will get full off of the foods you are required to eat that you no longer want to eat or crave the bad stuff. So far I have lost 1 pound after one day. Its insane how much more energy I have. It makes sense too! I love it because it is stuff I can get at the store that isn't crazy expensive. The changes are small but man they make a difference.

I read a lot of reviews on the book, which is difficult because I know some are not real and a lot of people don't like Jackie because of the way she does things. This book, though, is so true. I am sticking to my workout plan but going to change my eating habits to follow this. It is about getting your body (including your organs) back in shape!

If you have done this program let me know how it worked for you.
Abbyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Default Jackie Warner's plan

Is there anyone here who has tried or is trying Jackie Warner's plan from her book, This is why you're Fat? Would love to start a support group.
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6"

Abbyew I would love to know how the Jackie plan worked out for you. If anyone else has tried it please post. Thanks.
jusalilbabefat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #4  

Default Jackie warner

HI, I just started today, I have read the book,
I love the idea of after the two week jump start, then if you eat clean for 5 days,you get to have two treat meals on the weekends!!! this is something I can do.
red74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #5  

Glad the moderator moved my question to this thread. I'm also curious if you tried it out and what you thought of it, Abby.

Red74 and jusalilbabefat-I read through the book and think I'm going to try the 2 week add in phase. Are you starting as well? I'd love to start with someone else for support. Let me know.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #6  

Default Jackie warner

Hi Ann,
I'm on day 4 of the two week Jump start and I'm 10lbs lighter.
I have eaten alot less junk as well. I have found with the foods that I have added in, I dont crave the Junk. I also have been working out too.

I have tried other plans, but this one is much more doable.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #7  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Never read the book, but I like Jackie's workout videos!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #8  

Awesome, Red! I was really hoping to hear that. It seems like a lot to add in, but it's low calorie and nutrient dense, so it makes sense that you wouldn't be able to eat as much of the other stuff. What are you putting in your oatmeal? Did you start any of the supplements that she recommends? If so, which brands?

I hope to join you tomorrow or monday, depending on when i can get to the grocery store.

Joyfull-good for you! I wish I was in good enough shape to do her videos.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #9  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Joyfull-good for you! I wish I was in good enough shape to do her videos.
Actually, I started when I was 209 lbs doing her video. I run now. When I first started my journey I was reaaaaaaallly out of shape. Jackie has this video called, 10 minute (something or other). It's a total of 30 min workout. But in 10 min segments. Make no mistake...10 minutes was really hard for me....but it's "doable"...and it's nice to slowly work up to 30 min and stay within the same video!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #10  

Default Jackie warner

Thanks Ann!!

The supplements that I am using are Whey Powder (Jilliian Michaels Brand @ Walmart)
CLA Blue bonnet Tonalin.(health food stores) Ester C vitamin C.

I like to put in a little truvia with cinnamon splash of almond milk sometimes I will put berries or apple in it, with some chopped almonds.

Good luck with starting the plan!!
Old 01-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #11  

Thanks,red for the oatmeal ideas. Keep up the good work.

Joyful- I may check out that video. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #12  

I went and got all the foods I need at the store tonight to start the first 2 weeks (add in) phase. Please check in when you can, red. I would love the support of someone else who is doing the same program. It seems like we may be the only two around on this site.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #13  

Default Jackie warner

Hi Ann, Thats great that you have all the groceries for the 2 week jump start.
did you also buy supplements?

are you starting tomorrow?
I have had so much energy just by starting the two week phase.
Im starting to weed out the junk.

keep me posted also on how you're doing.

it's nice to know someone else is doing the program.

Last edited by red74; 01-23-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #14  

Hi red,

Overall, I had a great first day. Got the water with lemon in, had my oatmeal, eggs, fruit, veggies (but only 2, I was hoping for 3), and whey protein shake. Haven't had the tea and not sure I feel like it. Breakfast lunch and snacks were pretty healthy, but dinner wasn't so great because we ate at a relatives and she didn't really have any vegetables or healthy options. Oh well, right now it's about adding in the new things, right?

As for supplements, I couldn't even think about all the things she recommended. I did get a high quality multivitamin, fish oil, and ester c. I figure I can start with that and maybe add the other things eventually. The amino acids are confusing. I couldn't find a combo that had all the ones she recommended and I really didn't want to buy like 7 different pills.

Good news--I don't feel hungry. Bad news--dinner wasn't great and I didn't get in time to exercise. Baby steps, right?

How was your day?
Old 01-24-2011, 11:10 PM   #15  

HI Ann,
My day was pretty good. Did the water and vitamin etc.
The amino acids are confusing to me too. So is the Creatine.
Im not sure if im going to add those in or not.

My eating today was better than yesterday.
Hubby brought home bagels and cream cheese. so I had a couple then later on that night I had granola bars. Carbs are a problem for me.

I made some kale chips today that were pretty good.
They are low cal and a good way to fit in veggies.

I got in my workout I did Jackie's power circuit video also Zumba.

Its great that your not hungry, as for the dinner just keep on going tomorrow.

definitely Baby steps!!!