Old 01-24-2011, 04:30 AM   #1  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default weekly chat Jan 24-30th

We are decorating the landing (hallway upstairs) today. It is L shaped and long and gloomy so we have been putting it off. This decorating is going very slowly, we just can’t get into the right frame of mind

Face back to normal!
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the new pages Jojo. I'm off to the funeral today. BBL
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its bitter cold on the Cape woke up to 0 % [zero degrees] and I'm not going outdoors if you paid me. But I must say that my fireplace insert made the house a comfy 70' in no time . The thermostat read 58 when I got up.

I'm sorry for the poor JETS and breaking the heart of my older twin granddaughter.Oh well there always next season.

Nothing new, was suppose to go out to the bank to put my DD name on the safe deposit box,so she has the right away to get my will,health proxy and living will just in case anything happens to me,but it going to wait until it gets warmer.Just heard on the radio the Wind chill is equal to -21 below.The last time we had this kind of cold was in 2005.Told people to dress properly with less exposure to the skin.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages,Take it easy and think of what you want to do,remember Rome was built in one day.

SLOANE-Take care of yourself,as you went though so much this New Year.

Have to get dressed and showered,than I'm going to look at what I can buy On Pea Pod.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Hey everyone hope you all well i have been busy this weekend i went to manchester england to watchthe football and then on sunday it was my bf birthday so spent the day and night with him. Hope your all well? im not to good to be honest but im holding on in there xxxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:15 AM   #5  
focused and aiming

Good morning, Chickies. I did all right eatingwise yesterday even though I indulged at lunch. Thank goodness for fruit!! For dinner Curtis and I split a sandwich. Other than that, all I ate was fruit. This morning I have a dental appointment for a filling. On top of that, I think I chipped a tooth last week so we'll have to address that. What next?

Sloan, my thoughts are with you.

Ems, tell BF I'm glad ya'll had a good weekend. It's all right to indulge every now and then. Curtis and I designate "Special Occasions". You know what to do and will be all right.

JoJo, I'm glad your face is back to normal.

Maryann, I remember those cold spells in Montana. Stay safe and warm.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #6  

Thanks sandra hope your tooth is ok.

I had some treats this weekend but im back on track now but in all fairness i did point everything i had and im still within my weekly points

Im just tired and fed up at the moment as im not sleeping im really stressed with uni and other things xxx
Old 01-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Ended up going skating yesterday afternoon rather than the Y. It was a lot of fun, 2 of my sisters came and my neice was with my dd. I made sure we all skated at a good pace for an hour - we ended up doing about 70 minutes. I've been diligent in tracking everything - tomorrow is my fist wi. I still have about 23 activity points and about 27 weekly points left over.

Sandra, glad to hear the paint came out OK. I'm courous as to what the kids were doing that un hooked your bra!! I have helped out in our nursery a few times - not my favorite. I enjoy helping with the older kids better. Our nursery is birth to 3, then they go into preschool sunday school.

Nancy, glad to hear Robin continues to do well. I do agree its best you focus on him now. The move can wait - it would be so much on your shoulders, you don't need to have extra stress right now.

Maryann, stay warm today. Your lucky not having to go out in this weather - I had to go to a Drs appt on my way into work. My car was at -2 my whole ride in this morning. I told DH to make sure DD was very bundled up waiting for the bus. The good news its going to be a balmy 30 tomorrow!

Well, off to get some lunch.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #8  

Hello ladies.

jojo, thanks for starting the new thread and glad your face is back to normal.

Maryann, stay in where it's warm. Couldn't pay me enough to venture out in that temp. Can't believe I used to work in those temps, delivering the mail. Only time I really got cold was when it would reach 0 degrees with a wind chill of 30 below. Then I would get so cold. I dressed in layers and walking builds up a lot of body heat.

sloan, thoughts are with you on this sad day.

ems, glad u had a great weekend with birthday boy.

Paula, loved ice skating when I was a kid. Great exercise.

Sandra, thank goodness for free fruit.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #9  

I've been getting the Hungry Girl emails recently (thanks to someone here who mentioned it, I think Pam??). An interesting tid bit regarding laughing cow cheese wedges -- 1 is one point, but 2 is also 1 point. I just played around with the points caclulator - it is true for the light version except the Sundried Tomato one. Just wanted to share. I had this last night on Wasa light crispbreads (3 for 1 point).

********* From Hungry Girl ***********
What's the Deal with the Cow?
A recent email of some HG staples prompted MANY subscribers to write in, asking us if we're SURE that TWO wedges of The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese have a total PointsPlus™ value of 1*. Here's the scoop: The wedges USED to have higher stats on their labels. But last year, the brand quietly rolled out new packaging to reflect lower sodium and fat counts, resulting from small tweaks made over the years to the product's nutritional content. Check the back of the wheel and note that each wedge has 35 calories, 1.5g fat, 210mg sodium, 1g carbs, 0g fiber, 1g sugars, and 2g protein; double those numbers and plug 'em into your WW calculator, and you'll see that two wedges have a total PointsPlus™ value of 1*. If a food database tells you otherwise, it hasn't been updated to factor in the lower fat count. And now you know!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #10  

Hey pam hope your well i had a good weekend with birthday boy. I went to aerobics tonight im done in now lol xxx
Old 01-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

Paula, I guess that did sound weird about the bra coming unhooked. The kids didn't do anything. It was just me bending and stooping picking up toys. I tried to wear it once to an archery tournament and the top 2 hooks came undone while I was shooting. Guess I need to be "more still" when wearing it.
Our kids were supposed to be up to 4 but there was a 5.5 yo there. We had 9 little ones Sunday. The powers who be are talking of splitting into "older/younger" groups but so far they're all together.

Wow! You have earned a lot of activity points! You should have a fantastic wi tomorrow. Be sure to come here and post.

Ems, what is "uni"? I hope you get some rest tonight. Congrats on staying within your points range.

Well, Chickies, my tooth had to get crowned. I am just now getting feeling back.

Pam, I didn't know you used to be a mail carrier. Yep, loving that fruit!!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everybody:

I had a great workout followed by a massage. My massage therapist was really laughing in a complementary way about my muscle development

It looks like Paula gets the best part of winter with the skating and Maryann is getting the worst part right now. Spring is only a few months away!

Vickie, where are you??

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:16 AM   #13  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Another grey overcast day.. darnit!

Paula Thanks for the Laughing Cow info. We love it on toast.

Sloan: I really feel for your family, what a horrid start to 2011. A few years ago, we lost treasured friends and also neighbours within a short space of time. Towards the end, the crematorium staff said ‘Hello again!’ when we walked in. I hope you all come out of this dark period and into the light soon.

Maryann:
We intend to take your advice today and have a long break at lunchtime.

Ems.
Belated birthday wishes to your BF.

Sandra:
How’s the tooth? Crown on yet?

Rhonda: I can’t wear L’Oreal. As soon as I put it on, I come out in an itchy rash. I also have trouble with Avon.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #14  

Hi everyone. I did my WI this morning after the gym -- I lost 7 pds!!! I'm thrilled. I do know it was the week 1 honeymoon as my eating habits were not close to where they needed to be prior to starting WW last week. I've updated my ticker here to match my WW online wi. I've set a modest goal for now - to get to my lowest from a couple years back. If I can get there easily enough I'll go for another 5 pounds.

I just had to share!!! I can say that I do love being back on Core -- I can't get used to calling it the Simply filling Technic. too many words.....oh well.

Off to drop off a meal for a Girl Scout mom who had surgery then off to have my hair cut. Enjoy!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:07 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

JoJo, I am temporarily crowned Queen of My Villa. I'll get the permanent crown on Valentines' Day. That should help me stay sf. Today is Day 231. I'm starting to amaze myself. I wear Clinique. Have you tried it or Almay? Both are good for folks with sensitive skin.

Paula, pick me up off the floor!!!!! That is an amazing loss!! Honeymoon or not--that's fantastic!! I'm like you and prefer CORE to SF. I'm eating mainly CORE foods but am counting points to keep me inline portionwise. We had grilled tilapia for lunch. It was yummy.

Rhonda, that's funny about your massage therapist. Mine commented on my shoulder development. I don't know if they are large due to archery or due to heredity. Prob both.

Vickie, how are you doing?

I'm waving at all yet to get here today. Hope you're having the day you want. BBL