Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/135/140

Height: 5'6"

Default No appetite??

Does anyne go through times of having NO appetite? I have my maintenance level set at 1700 right now and this past week I have been forcing myself to make it to about 1300, some days as low as 900. I have even eaten a few little candy bars at the end of the day just to get my calorie level up some.

I have NEVER had this problem before....but the week before that I wanted to eat everything in sight LOL Does it just even itself out like that or should I be worried?

My goal was 150, then when I got there I decided I wanted to go to 140. which I was pleased with.....But now I'm at 134 and having a stomach virus yesterday didn't help matters.
Mama2Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #2  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Yes. I have 1 week every month that it's a struggle to eat, usually right after my period. But I always make up for it the week before my period when I'm ravenous and bingey. I look forward to my week of no appetite when I'm always satisfied, it's a nice change from my usual hungry all the time

I wouldn't worry too much about being too low at this point, you'll likely even out or jump back up. Although I will say that I'm your same height an about your same weight and I do eat a bit more to maintain. Depending on your exercise and how much you indulge, at 1700 will likely drop you into the 120s over time.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/135/140

Height: 5'6"

Thats interesting because it was at the very end of my period and a few days after, and I do remember that last month during my period I didn't want to eat either but I just thought it was because I was having bad cramps LOL

I've been raising my calorie level slowly since I started maintenance. I ended my weight loss at 1200 calories a day and I've been raising it since then so now I'm up to 1700. I think you exercise alot more than me though.....I don't do any intentional exercise but I am on the move quite a bit with 5 kids so I guess maybe I burn more than I think.
Mama2Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #4  
Workin' It

Early into maintenance I used to see that happening. Not so much anymore.

I kept a container of greek yogurt for those times and had a little yogurt snack with some granola to raise my calories up. Oh, and string cheese worked, too.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #5  

Height: 5 foot 2 and a half (Don't forget the half lol!)

When I do it's time to get new food or food I haven't had in a while. If I get bored, I lose the desire to eat. I eat to live, which isn't so bad when you've got a small calorie range.

Last edited by Heavenseventeen; 01-21-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Heavenseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #6  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

^boy I wish this were me. Unfortunately 90% I live to eat not really but you know what I mean. When I can focus on my fitness my food focus usually shifts to eating to live which I quite enjoy.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncuneo View Post
^boy I wish this were me. Unfortunately 90% I live to eat not really but you know what I mean. When I can focus on my fitness my food focus usually shifts to eating to live which I quite enjoy.
I have to say that after losing 72lbs, I still love food and find it a comfort and enjoy celebrating with it. I'm latina and this is part of my culture, so I have just had to find ways of doing this in moderation (and exercising my butt off!). It's been a hard lesson to learn to not make food the enemy, but to still enjoy it and celebrate wonderful meals. I've just added fitness as a co-focus!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote