Old 01-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Default Reevaluating My Plan and Goals

I am currently in the process of reevaluating my plan and goals because my weight is stuck. It is stuck in the high 270s. I know that my weight is at a standstill because of the fact that I haven't exercised in about a week and a half. I haven't exercised in a week and a half because my mom rarely leaves the computer, which is in the living room, which is where I sleep. I am not comfortable exercising in front of people, and she won't leave the room when I ask (not even for 30 minutes)... Not to mention, I haven't been eating the best either..

SO.. Basically I need to find a way to squeeze in some exercise (I think the only way to get this done would be to get up extra early) and plan my meals ahead of time (including snacks) so I don't have to go searching and run into something I shouldn't eat.

I think I'm going to just reply to this thread as often as I can, and keep it updated... Yeah, I think I will. It'd be very similar to a blog. I say as often as I can, because I can't come on here everyday... 'cause my mom is a computer hog... So sometimes it'll be consecutive days in a row, and then sometimes it'll be 2 or 3 days in between.. I don't know.. I'll figure it out, haha...

I'm not very good at updating, but I'll try (I tend to forget and not come back for months..). The whole accountability thing really does keep me on track though, when I actually update that is.

So For Today:

-No exercise (maybe, hopefully, my mom will leave or go in her room some time soon, so I can exercise)

I've had:
-two handfuls of chocolate waffle cereal (the "good 4 kids" brand by food lion)
-A can of mixed fruit
-8 spicy nuggets from Wendy's with 2 packs of sweet and sour sauce
-4 cups of water
-1 pop tart

I know I haven't eaten too well today, but I guess the first step is being honest with myself. I hope my dinner goes well..

Until later or next time - Alyssa R.
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #2  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Alyssa - Hang in there, girl! It sounds like you are living in a tough situation. I know that it is cold, but is there any way you can take a walk outside? That may help. It would also be tough for me to do a video, if someone else were watching, so I totally understand. Plan your snacks! But also, kick your mom off the computer. She needs to respect your sleep time. I know you are living with her, but there still needs to be some respect.
Keep posting! It is a great way for accountability.

PS/ I LOVE your goals!
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #3  

Thanks! I could take a walk outside, but my area is unsafe and I'd have to take my son with me, so I don't want to go through all of that. She would scoff at the thought of me asking her to do that.. She doesn't "do" respect.

I definitely will keep posting. Thanks for the reply!
Old 01-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #4  

Angry Day 2

I guess I should call this day 2... Today I've eaten a handful of the same cereal as yesterday, a can of great northern beans, and some au gratin potatoes. I've drank 6 cups of water. Didn't count calories, but I know it's 1000 or less. There is still time left in the day, but I'll probably just drink some more water and maybe eat a can of mixed veggies. Not much else to choose from.

No exercise again today, my mom won't leave... It's like she doesn't care about my health, since she's not caring for hers. She's morbidly obese and on weight watchers, however, she doesn't even follow it... (wasting the little money we DON'T have..)
So because she's failing, it seems like she wants to see me fail.

Even though I can't exercise, I'm taking these types of days to practice weight maintenance. I've been quite successful so far. I've lost 2 lbs just trying to maintain, without any effort. I guess that's good...

Don't know what else to say... Going through a lot of sh**ty problems.... I feel like I can't vent here because I hate when people give me advice, or act sympathetic, or try to give me the " itcould be worse" speech... Yeah... well.. you don't know my life... So... I won't vent..

-Until next time..., Alyssa.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #5  

My Goal List:

-Be a Size 6
-Get to at Least 120 lbs
-Be Able to Wear Shorts
-Be Healthy
-Have a Healthy BMI

There are more, but I forget on short notice... Ah well...

Last edited by alyssarof2012; 01-23-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Can you move the computer into your mother's room?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

If excercise is such a problem right now, you should just concentrate on food. You can lose without exercising, though it's not ideal. People do it all the time. But can you go to the mall or something and walk at least to exercise?
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
Can you move the computer into your mother's room?
She's a pack rat, so there isn't any space in there, nor would she allow me to do so... I just have to make do and get up early. Super early... Like 5am early...
Old 01-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachael View Post
If excercise is such a problem right now, you should just concentrate on food. You can lose without exercising, though it's not ideal. People do it all the time. But can you go to the mall or something and walk at least to exercise?
Can't go to the mall cause she has no gas in her car (that's what she tells me every time I ask to go somewhere). Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but as you said, it isn't ideal to lose weight without exercise. I wouldn't want excess skin (I probably will have a little, but I still don't want any extra). I went down a lb from yesterday, so without trying too much I'm losing weight again.. Which is great. Thank you for the suggestion though. =]
Old 01-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #10  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

The vast majority of pounds are lost in the kitchen, not the gym. I lost a good fifty pounds without any extra exercise at all, and some folks find that when they begin an exercise program their appetite increases to make up whatever difference they might have had.

The quote I like about this is, "Eat less to fit into smaller clothes. Exercise to look good nekkid."

Basically, you lose the majority of weight through food choices. Fitness comes through exercise. They're two different tools, for different reasons. I exercise because I want to be stronger, have more stamina, and be more flexible. I "diet" because I want to lose weight.

You CAN do this, even with your mother there. And your success will SHOW her, even if she pretends not to listen to your words.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:57 PM   #11  

Default Day 3

So today, day 3... It was considerably better than yesterday. I had a Benchmark Exam in US & VA History.. Piece of cake. At most I got 3 wrong. After that I had a test in Algebra ll. I'd be surprised if I got anything wrong on that test. Then again, I'm known for making dumb mistakes because I rush. I ate okay today. For lunch I had a slice of pizza (non-greasy, 'cause my school doesn't make the grease laden kind thankfully), a cup of strawberries, and some apple juice. My body doesn't like pizza anymore though (my taste buds love it however) and I had a massive diarrhea attack as soon as I soon as I stepped in my front door (don't worry, I didn't miss the potty). I didn't eat breakfast (didn't have time to cook, have no milk or cereal, and, once again, missed the bus). But I did take my multivitamin with some water. Which reminds me, I need to go ahead and drink some more water.
My finger was itching like crazy today, and my teacher noticed me spazzing and scratching at it, so he asked to look at my finger, and sent me to the nurse. I may have something contagious on my hand, (resembles ringworm to me), so I may not be able to go back to school until my doctor clears it and says it isn't contagious or gives me some meds and it goes away. Great.. Just great. Considering this is exam week.

In other news... Is it just me, or are more people (guys, and yes, a few gay chicks) at my school checking me out? Some guy in my spanish class is always picking with me, and today he blew a kiss at me and made a heart with his hands. I didn't blow a kiss back, or pretend to catch his, but I did make a heart at him. I must admit, I am already fairly popular.. Well, not popular, but well liked and well known. But lately it seems like a lot of people like me. Another guy in my choir class tried to kiss me....
I don't know if this is due to my weight loss, or my growing confidence because of the weight loss, but I'm pretty sure it's linked.

Today my weight is 277. 1 lbs less than yesterday. Awesome! That means I'm losing weight again. =] Things are looking up again as far as my weight loss is concerned, and my mom is at school right now, so that means..... EXERCISE! I have been waiting for this day forever, lol.

Well, off to exercise before my sister comes home (she skipped school again today.... bad girl.....haven't seen her since yesterday evening, but I know she's not dead or anything, 'cause she's been on Facebook today. Ahaa)

Don't know what I'm eating for dinner... May update later.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I appreciate them!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #12  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
The vast majority of pounds are lost in the kitchen, not the gym. I lost a good fifty pounds without any extra exercise at all, and some folks find that when they begin an exercise program their appetite increases to make up whatever difference they might have had.

The quote I like about this is, "Eat less to fit into smaller clothes. Exercise to look good nekkid."

Basically, you lose the majority of weight through food choices. Fitness comes through exercise. They're two different tools, for different reasons. I exercise because I want to be stronger, have more stamina, and be more flexible. I "diet" because I want to lose weight.

You CAN do this, even with your mother there. And your success will SHOW her, even if she pretends not to listen to your words.
Ahaa, nice quote! I like that.
Yeah, I've always went by that weight loss is 80% nutrition, 20% exercise. But I just want to lose weight and tone it at the same time, rather than risk having extra saggy skin. I do know that eating healthy and all that promotes weight loss more than exercise.
Thank you for the words of encouragement and wisdom!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #13  

Default Day 6

Kinda in a funk. Not that anything is wrong, I just don't know what to say to sum up the last couple days that I wasn't able to get on here. I am currently 275 - 276ish (depending which time of day I weigh in). I have so much to say, but at the same time, I don't know what to say...

So I guess my mind will start fresh tomorrow.

My son just sneezed twice in a row on my arm and I freaked out and yelled at him..... :/ .... Major germophobe (sp?). The first sneeze, I was trying to ignore it, but the second one sprayed all over my arm and I impulsively snapped... Ah.. I've got issues... I pretty much poured a small bottle of sanitizer on my arm...

Anyways.. That's all I can think of.. Nothing weight related really going on.. Didn't exercise today.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #14  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hang in there.

As for organizing your thoughts, do you ever just write down what comes into your head, even if it doesn't make sense or you know it's not exactly true? I find that once I have something on paper, even if it's not exactly correct, writing about it can help me pinpoint what's really going on.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:37 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by theox View Post
Hang in there.

As for organizing your thoughts, do you ever just write down what comes into your head, even if it doesn't make sense or you know it's not exactly true? I find that once I have something on paper, even if it's not exactly correct, writing about it can help me pinpoint what's really going on.
Ooh, I've never tried that. I just might. I keep a journal, but it's more like a summary of my day, not just random thoughts. That might work better.
Thanks for the suggestion and the encouragement!