Old 01-22-2011, 08:47 AM   #1  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Default the worst experience at a WW meeting place!

OH, OMG....I just had the worst experience at a WW place. I went in to the place because I was going to go to a meeting. My insurance told me that I should be able to show the card at the door and they would let me attend the meetings. The three women behind the counter made such a fuss, they didn't know anything about it and was really nasty about me paying first then having the insurance reimburse me. I told the women behind the counter that that was not what was a suppose to happen, that I should be able to show my card and go in. She told me she knew nothing about it, and that I was going to have to pay to go in to the meeting. She said she will call their "help desk" and find out, I said, "ok, I will wait while you call" she never picked up a phone. No phone call happened, then I said, "well, let me try to call my insurance" so I called my insurance 1-800 number and they where closed. So I said, "why don't you call and I will wait" and they were like, "why don't you go into the meeting and you can pay when you get out" I said, "no I will wait" (granted the women was making no phone call at this point still to this mythical help desk) Then the women said, "well, it could be three o-clock before I get a hold of them". So I said, ok, I will come back some other time. Then I was looking around the center, and the women told me, "only members can buy our products"

At that point I just walked out.....clearly, these people were just out to get the members dues and that was it. I will NEVER go back to a WW center EVER! I am so ticked and embarrassed that I may just find another program.........

thanks for reading.....
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

Wow. That is super ****ty. Im sorry you had to go through that!
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

That's terrible! But don't let the behavior of 3 employees make you abandon the whole program. It's a wonderful program, and like any workplace has a few people who need a little customer service refresher.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/142/130

Bad customer relation here, dont let them get to you, call ww and tell them exactly what happened and a good physical description of the people that treated you in such an irrespectful way. I am sure ww will be gratedul of your comments do not forget they are there to make money and bad customer service accounts for a lot of revenue loss. Go get them Tiger.
Michou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

What crap. They are supposed to let you sit in on your first meeting without weigh-in for FREE! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I wouldn't say it's indicative of all locations.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 226/215/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aclai4067 View Post
They are supposed to let you sit in on your first meeting without weigh-in for FREE!
Not available in all areas, sadly. Depends on where ckatgo lives.
jessy 49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #7  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Sorry you had to go through that....
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/181/145

Height: 5'3"

that sucks. I am so sorry.
ducktape54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #9  

oh yeah that suxxx. i've never heard of a meeting like that, so they are not all that way. i would definitely call your insurance to let them know what happened, as well as the ww office and ask for some free meetings as compensation, or something.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #10  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Well, I thought about everyone's advice and decided that you guys are right, I should not let the experience of one place ruin it for me. I think from now on I will just do the online only. I may if I get up the guts again go to another center here in town, but I think I will be a while.

I couldn't let this rest. I called the WW corporate office and complained. Hopefully, they did something about it.

Thanks everyone for your support, it is heart warming!
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #11  

Height: 5'5

while I agree they didn't handle it well, I doubt any ww employee is going to know the ins and outs of every insurance program out there. And insurance companies really can't dictate who will and who won't accept thier card in lieu of payment.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 299/263/150

Height: 5' 4"

I'm so sorry that happened. WW is such a great organization with a healthy, proven program. I, like many, have lost a lot of weight on their plan and even attained lifetime member status at one point. I recently tried the online program but it didn't provide me with the accountability I needed so I wasn't successful even though the website and online membership offers great tools. I hope you'll give the meetings another try but maybe make sure you have everything straightened out with your insurance before you go. Maybe you can have someone with ww corporate send a letter by mail, email or fax stating the agreement between ww and your insurance company, if there is one.

I'm sure you know that you can find ww meetings online so you may not have to go back to the same center if you're uncomfortable there. Best of luck on your journey.
gagirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm really glad you called corporate, hope they were nice to you!
Scorpio19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #14  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

I have been into my local WW meeting place a few times, and I only met a nice woman behind the counter once. The other times were awful. I almost expect it now if I go in there.
river is offline   Reply With Quote