Old 01-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #1  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default I just joined!!

Hello everyone!
I just joined WW today . I figured why not give it a shot. I am going to go to my first meeting tomorrow morning.
When do you all find the best time is to go to a meeting and get weighed in? I'm so afraid to go after work because I have eaten all day and my weight would be up.
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Whenever you pick, try to stick to that meeting, so you don't get into the "head games" ... wear similar clothing and you're not blaming a gain or loss on the clothes... If you always weigh after work, always eat breakfast and lunch and snack - so you don't skip lunch one week on a "bad" week and then feel compelled to do that the next week ... and then skip the snack, then drink less fluids, etc. Just do what you need to do and it'll all average out. Obviously the after-work meetings are fine as they're just as attended as the first-in-the-morning ones.

Pick which one fits best into your schedule and stick with that one - get to know those people - and your support group will be with you each week. You can imagine the head games that folks can play for weighing in - don't get sucked into that!!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I use the monthly pass with etools, so I log my "official" weight online the morning of my weigh in day as soon as I get up. My "meeting" weight is usually a pound+ over that since I've had breakfast and gotten dressed. But I like having the lower weight as the one I track online.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I go every Wednesday morning before I've eaten breakfast =D
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

I go in the morning, more accurate for me.

p.s. i don't even take a sip of water after i brush my teeth that morning, don't need th added ounce lol!!!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #6  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointspluspioneer View Post

p.s. i don't even take a sip of water after i brush my teeth that morning, don't need th added ounce lol!!!
Haha . This is so true! No tea for me until after the meeting .
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I go on Wednesdays at 4:30. I know I've eaten and drank at least twice by that point but really, that part doesn't stress me out. Sure, my "actual" weight might be a pound or two lower, but the losses are more my focus anyways. I don't even bother to change my clothes out of my work outfit.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #8  
Eat well, Live well

If you always go at the same time, then the loss will be tracked. Pick a time that's convenient for you, rather than focussing on your "lightest" part of the day. Everybody's day goes up and down a bit, and if you eat and drink normally (on plan, of course) throughout the day, you will have a more realistic picture of how much weight you have lost, if you do the same thing each weigh-in day. You don't want to starve yourself before weigh-in, or you might be tempted to eat unhealthily to make up for it (plus you'll feel bad, and weight loss should be all about feeling good)!
Allie Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #9  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Pick a meeting and be consistent. If you weigh at night, it won't be your lowest weight of the day. For some of us, that is irksome, so I go to Saturday AM meetings.
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #10  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

I go Saturday mornings before I have had anything to eat or drink.
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 243.2/241/160

Height: 5'7"

I go Saturday mornings. I find that it helps keep me on track during the weekend. That way I dont go out Friday night and drink up.
Speck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointspluspioneer View Post

Glad I'm not the only one who does this too! I was beginning to feel a little crazy LOL

I usually bring a couple things with me to eat after I weigh in and my leader lets us use the microwave so we're not staving the entire meeting!
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #13  
WW Moderator

I just started back also - I go on Thursday mornings. I'm the same way about night time weigh ins, but I know several people that do it in the evening. They just keep their eating patterns consistent on weigh in day.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nationalparker View Post
Whenever you pick, try to stick to that meeting, so you don't get into the "head games" ... wear similar clothing and you're not blaming a gain or loss on the clothes... If you always weigh after work, always eat breakfast and lunch and snack - so you don't skip lunch one week on a "bad" week and then feel compelled to do that the next week ... and then skip the snack, then drink less fluids, etc. Just do what you need to do and it'll all average out. Obviously the after-work meetings are fine as they're just as attended as the first-in-the-morning ones.

Pick which one fits best into your schedule and stick with that one - get to know those people - and your support group will be with you each week. You can imagine the head games that folks can play for weighing in - don't get sucked into that!!
I know your response was directed to someone else, nationalparker, but you were talking to me! I have tried so many diets over the years and they all worked for a while, but then I started playing the 'head games" you talked about. This time is my last time. I finally got it, and your message, loud and clear. Excellent words of advise, wish I had the sense to follow them long ago and save myself the agony of losing, gaining, losing, well -- you know.

So thanks, for saying what you said, saying it so clearly and so well.
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #15  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

I go at 5 on Tuesdays, actually about 5:10 by the time I get there from work. I wear the same outfit, I change at work, every week. Living in a rural area, I don't have a choice of meeting times.

The only thing I do different on Tuesday, is I don't drink my afternoon 20 ozs of water. I don't want to take it with me to the meeting.

Just pick a meeting and a leader you like, if you have the choice and stick with it.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote