Thread: Movie Food
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #10

S/C/G: 208/194/136

Height: 5'5''

Well now that I have a computer again I can respond to all of your great suggestions.

Seagirl: I'm sure you didn't mean to but you sounded a little unkindly judgmental in your response. I enjoy the whole movie experience (including the food) when I go to a movie so I like to get the snacks. Truthfully I have already learned not to snack mindlessly, what I eat has purpose and a reason behind it. Movies are a special event which I associate with a special food. Ideally I would like to switch out those treats with healthier ones because I feel small steps work better for me. I have already made big changes in my life and fear the pressure of too many could cause a relapse.

The granola bar idea was great! I'm definitely going to do that when I'm hankering for a little bit of a chocolate flavor. Pressed for time though I popped my own 96% fat-free popcorn and got a diet coke and a small bag of fat free gummies. The caloric value for the entire meal was less than what I had worked off in my zumba class that day! And so satisfying! And even though it was nutritionally lacking, it was a lesson in learning how to indulge without overindulging.
Asherah is offline   Reply With Quote