South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 01:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default South Beach Daily Chat January 20th

Hey ladies and gents! I'm going to go see Green Hornet today, has anyone seen it? I've heard mixed reviews on it bought it made dough when it first came out last week. I'm still waiting to hear on jobs and will call the ones I have the number for on Monday if I don't hear anything within the next two days. Stay blessed!
Old 01-20-2011, 03:24 AM   #2  
Mous

Sometimes something doesn't taste as good as it once did and this can be a GOOD thing!
As we detox our taste buds change. We are also changing from the inside out. Our numbers may not be going down on the scale but they are going down on the inside. Our BP is lowering along with our cholesterol. We are handling stress so our mind set is changing.
So when you step on your metal monster and you don't see what you want to see, remember your inner changes and be .

Thank you once again for your happy wishes for me and my Lou.

He did decide that he wanted Chinese. I am SO proud of him. I made the suggestion that he eat (we had take out) only half and save the rest for his dinner and he DID! I told him that if he was still hungry to drink the soup that came with it to fill him up. I am amazed and PROUD of him. He really doesn't get it, but he IS trying to do better.

I talked to him about "treats" and I said I would much rather spend his "treat" money on a better cut of meat (I got him a pork loin roast on managers special for $2.75! for the whole roast) than to get a few doughnuts.

I also got some 70% dark chocolate and will give him one square and some nuts for his snack instead of him eating a whole candy bar every day.

Small steps can and will equal big rewards.

We have snow once again here in Colorado. Cold, but pretty.

Since store day was yesterday today will be recipe looking and cooking.

May this day bring a smile to your face and joy to your heart.
Marcie

Last edited by LADY WINDSONG; 01-20-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:53 AM   #3  
Mous

Green Eggs and Ham

Breakfast can be at any time of the day
Early morning for me

I never use to eat breakfast
For a very long time indeed

What was I thinking
Where was my mind

The choice is yours
Healthy recipes await

Today I will have an omelet
With green eggs and ham

Last edited by LADY WINDSONG; 01-20-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:05 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Marcie, are you really going to make your eggs green??? We love breakfast and will eat breakfast foods for lunch or dinner often! Every Sunday we have breakfast for dinner. It's become a special family treat.

Okie, I am looking forward to hearing how the movie is. Good luck with the job call-backs!

My day is all wacky today. Lukas woke up in the middle of my yoga this morning so I only got to do a third of it (I guess that's not *technically* the "middle of my yoga" then...) before I had to nurse him. Then by the time he was done it was time to get Connor up for school and make the kids' breakfast. Except the girls slept in so instead of doing their homeschool lessons I did my chores for the day. Then when they got up we had to rush off to Kindergarten because Kadyn has her German language tutoring on Thursdays. So everything is out of order. :/ It was nice to walk in the door after dropping the girls off and not have to clean the kitchen, living room, and dining room, though. I'll have to do the girls' schoolwork with them while Connor has his violin lesson this afternoon I guess. Everything will get done. I just hate when it's not the way I'd planned it. I probably need professional help. LOL

I think I'm going to make some black bean brownies today. I've been wanting a sweet treat and I think it would be better to have something "safe" to indulge in than to give in to an off-plan indulgence because my will power gives out.

Luke's almost done nursing so I'm going to finish my yoga in a minute. Hope you all have a good day!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:30 AM   #5  
Mous

Kara, Green Eggs and Ham is a child's story book from Dr. Seuss. (poem is not from his book) But I could make them! Haha!

I have heard of black bean brownies so will be interested in how they are.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Okie, enjoy your movie and NO goodies!

Last edited by LADY WINDSONG; 01-20-2011 at 04:31 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Thanks Kara, I love seeing you by home where you belong! Luke is so cute!
You're a great Mom and friend! Have fun today, will let you know how the movie is.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:22 AM   #7  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Food Obsessed: Can't wait to hear how Green Hornet is. We saw Buried last night, also with Ryan Reynolds. Amazing film.

Windsong: Small steps are the key to making changes for me too. I stopped using salt years ago, stopped having butter on my bread sometime after that, etc. Now its bigger changes, two months + on South Beach, but based on a foundation built of smaller changes over time.

Kara: We haven't tried black beans as a moistener in brownies yet. By we I mean my husband; I don't bake.

Today is all deadlines, and work projects, and things like that, then home for sausage and bean soup, with home made banana pudding for dessert.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:33 AM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Annie, you made me laugh with your "By we I mean my husband" line! Hope your projects all get finished by their deadlines and that your dinner is scrumptious!

Marcie, we are huge Dr. Seuss fans in this house! I thought you were serious about the green eggs, though. I am quite gullible. Once my husband told me "gullible" isn't in the dictionary and I actually looked it up. No joke. Apparently I am rather entertaining.

Yoga is done now. I haven't done yoga since right after I found out I was pregnant so I was a bit tight, but it was a wonderful workout. I feel all zen and relaxed now. Shower and breakfast are next on the agenda (I only ate a small amount this morning because I didn't want to feel yucky when I finished the yoga) and then I'm going to read a couple chapters of the book we're reading for book club at church while the brownies bake.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:40 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've been up for awhile-long enough to slip on the ice while shoveling. Fortunately, I don't go down as hard as I used to at my HW. I went to bed early after my busy day at the food bank and now I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed. I always do a "clean out" at the first of the year from our freezers. Since we're leaning vegetarian I have things to use that I probably won't restock. I have a turkey carcass in the pressure cooker for batches of soup. Geez that will last awhile. I still have 2 pumpkins to process...don't know if I'll do that today or not. Plans...the usual...home projects, help mom and perhaps volunteer for 2 hours at the food bank.

Okie,thanks for getting us started. I'm anxious to hear your review of Green Hornet. I thought it looked good but have heard mixed reviews. Do you take an OP snack with you?

Marcie(LadyWindsong), thanks again for the thought provoking message. There is alot more involved in successful weightloss than just following a plan. Not that I don't enjoy weighing less, but I am super happy to be off my blood pressure meds. It has been my biggest NSV. My DH can't believe how great he feels which is his biggest motivation to eat healthy these days. I'm sure Lou is going to really start feeling so much better as he progresses and you are a great strategist.

Annie, small changes lead to bigger ones! I like Karas brownie recipe best. I haven't made any for awhile.

Kara, I like Karas brownie recipe best! lol Cheers to a wacky day, but it sounds like you got your yoga in, anyway.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:41 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Okie - Good luck on those interviews. It's so tough finding anything right now. Getting interviews is a huge step forward.

Marcie - Thanks for the encouraging thoughts every morning. I am in a rush from the minute I get out of bed so it's nice to get focused on the little corner of my priorities where I am

Kara - As a long time early childhood person I can vouch for the green eggs and ham. I've known lots of teachers/providers that have served them.

Annie - Banana pudding sounds very good. I have always had a thing for pudding.

It's my serious on the road day. One of my counties is on the other side of the mountains, so a long drive and a big commitment in the winter. Most of the drive is cell service free though so I never feel guilty about just enjoying the scenery.

The job situation is in process but taking it's time. Still haven't had our meeting but have had conversations. I think I will move to 4 days and 2/3 of the current turf for the time being. I am still looking for something else though. The job demands a lot and I am not the sort of person to do something half way. That's not a good combination for me.

Okay, the cats are insisting that it's time to feed them (we try to hold out until 6 even if we get up early). I'm starting to worry about my toes

ETA - good morning Debbie. I hope there's no afternoon aches from that fall. The food bank sounds like a great place to spend time and I'm sure they are happy to have such experienced help. Turkey carcasses for soup are one of the few things I miss. They make such rich soup broth.

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-20-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:03 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Debbie, I'm sorry you had a tumble on the ice. Be careful today! I've heard of that Kara and her recipes... She's pretty great.

Cyndi, be safe on your drive and good luck with the continuing job situation. It's hard to be in a place like the one you are in but I think you are handling it with grace.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:22 AM   #12  
Be happy.

Good morning!

Green Hornet, Green Eggs and Ham.... I had to check to make sure St. Patrick's Day hadn't snuck up on me!

Okie, good luck with the prospective jobs. It sounds like you're on top of things - good for you!

Marcie, I'm curious about your username.... are you/were you a John Denver fan?

Annie, banana pudding sounds good to me, too!

Hello Kara. I've been hearing great things about your brownies for over a year now but still haven't tried them. I'm afraid I'll like them TOO much. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Debbie, I'm sorry about your fall this morning. I've got my fingers crossed that you won't be hurting tomorrow. I love that you're volunteering at the food bank - what an awesome way to make a difference!

Enjoy the scenery and drive carefully today, Cyndi. This is a tough time of year to be on the road so much. Cutting back to 4 days should help, so I hope that works out. I'll keep praying that a better job comes up soon.

Hello to those of you who haven't checked in yet.

Cottage, I should hear back on my mammo today or tomorrow if there are still concerns. I figure if I don't hear by tomorrow night I'm all set. The tech showed me the area of concern (one nice thing about the digital scans ) and it seemed to be more a case of "it's hard to see" than "we see something scary" so I'm feeling much better about things now. Thanks for asking.

Have a great, on plan Thursday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 01-20-2011 at 06:23 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:23 AM   #13  

Height: 5'8"

Hey all,
Kara, I'm with you. I lay the day out in my head in a certain way and sometimes it is very hard for me to refocus if things go wonky. My son is the same way and always, always wants to plan ahead ("what are we doing in June?" he will ask). I'm trying to look at these disruptions as an "opportunity" to change my perspective. We'll see.

Debbie, slipping on the ice is a big fear of mine. Take some anti-inflammatory (like ibuprofen) and have some ginger tea to prevent swelling. Hope you feel better and take it easy!

Finally, you know who arrived and I am so happy because my end of Phase 1 weigh in is tomorrow. Phase 2 is the real challenge for me. I'm going to really depend on the points to help me control my portions and learn how to do this the right way. I've spoken about this before but I have a terrible issue around following directions, i.e. admitting that I don't "know better" than the person who wrote the book about how to do whatever it is. This will be my challenge for the week. One grain around lunch this week, and then adding a fruit the next.

Hope everyone has a great day...
Old 01-20-2011, 06:36 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good grief! It's really noisy in here!

I slept in for a change and will be back later to read all of this.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Even though I'm a big girl now, I still adore Dr. Seuss.

Yikes, Debbie! Slipping on the ice is pretty scary! I'm glad you seem to be OK, though.

Good luck on those interviews, Okie, and I'm glad Marcie and her DH had a nice, OP, anniversary dinner. Kara, I've been hankering for a batch of those brownies myself, and I think I'll whip a batch over the weekend. Cyndi, I bet you get to enjoy some spectacular scenery on your drives. Vermont is such a pretty state. I'm hoping everything works out the way you want on the job front. Heidi, lets hope you don't hear anything more from the mammo. I usually have to have both the mammo plus an ultrasound when I go for my yearly, as I have dense breasts and fibrocystic breast tissue. I don't mind, though, as I'd rather be safe than sorry. Matilda, good luck on your weigh-in tomorrow!
Closed Thread