Old 01-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 287/251/136

Height: 5 4'

Arrow Help Please....

I dont get it I have been CC for over a week now an I have been keeping it right at 1200-1500 cal an I am staying the same...up an down the same 8oz what am I doing wrong....???

1887 was my maintain an I am lower than that so why the yo yo with the 8oz

my stats are as follows
age 34
WI 251
Female

I get in all my water a day, I used to not like it but I add juice of one lemon to it an then I can get it all in...Ya me...

I will admit I do not do any exercise as of yet cuz the weather has been bad here...I do however do leg lifts an a few situps here an there...

can anyone help? My goal is 50lbs for my first goal as that will be 1/2 way for me...

Thanks for your help!
LifeChanges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Well, first and foremost, relax Your body needs to adjust.

After a deep breath, my first questions are how are you counting calories and how are you recording them? Are you weighing everything? Do you have a kitchen scale that will measure your food in grams? An accurate set of measuring cups/spoons? Have you eaten out a lot and are you guessing on what the calories are when you do so?

Lets start there and see what people come up with
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #3  

I wont eat unless I have a calorie count for it. I keep a running count daily.
I also am diabetic T2 I was told to keep within a 1200-1500 cal or 20 carbs a meal...

I keep trying to breath lol...I just so want to be seeing something moving an in just the one direction the right one lol...

Trying to figure out my body is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do...
I am scared to eat anything that dont have a calorie count so right now I have a pre pack meal from the store that is like 250-300 cal for dinner an breakfast I try to have like 500 cal...I also get in a fruit smoothy or 2 depends on the day an what is left for cal. they fight all the crazy cravings..

Thanks for any an all help...
Old 01-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

The best advice anyone ever gave me was "you didn't obsess over every pound you GAINED on the way up to 300 + pounds, so don't do it on the way down!"

As excruciatingly slow as it can be at times, if you eat XYZ calories LESS than what you need over a long period of time, science kicks in and you will lose weight. It might not be as fast as you'd like, but it'll happen!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #5  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Do you use an online calorie counting tool? Or are you journaling?

A lot of stuff if you have it and it doens't have a count, you can find it online, or, something similar (in a similar amount).

Those frozen meals...augh. I once ate one or two of those every day on a 'diet' and gained 11 lbs in a few weeks.

When I stopped the weight came right off. THEY ARE FULL OF SODIUM!

I'd cut them out and use an online calorie counter. I use sparkpeople.com

Besides, that stuff's not actual food. :P
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Lottie has your answer: Sodium for sure would account for a huge amount of water retention which would seem like you are not losing. Try to cook your own stuff for a couple of days and see if that won't make a difference for you.

I use Fitday to keep track of my calories. I cook for myself and weigh everything so I know exactly how many calories are in what I eat and I know what I am eating is REAL food, and not a bunch of processed food-like substances.

If cooking makes you cringe, you can make a simple "everything in the pot at once" huge vegetable soup and have that every night for dinner, a salad and half a sandwich for lunch, oatmeal with fresh fruit for breakfast, and probably 2 snacks of fresh carrots and hummus (for example) or plain yogurt with fresh fruit (as another example) and be right in the 1200 range with very little work on your part.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #7  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

A week really isn't long enough to notice a big change. I'd suggest just sticking with your plan for a few weeks, and maybe weigh yourself less. It's easy to get frustrated with fluctuations if you weigh everyday. Stick to your plan for a few weeks, then weigh and see where it's gotten you. I didn't weigh myself at all the first five months of my weight loss journey, and I sure was surprised when I finally stepped on a scale.
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 259/253/140

Height: 5' 9"

I agree with lottie63. Those frozen meals are okay in a pinch, but that is not real food. I do Weight Watchers. I like it because I get to eat real food. It is about portion control, and healthy choices. But, we are all different, and each of us has to do what is right for us. I also track most everything I eat, stay within my points for the day, drink lots and lots of water.

Hang in there girl, it will happen.
lisanovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:29 AM   #9  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
The best advice anyone ever gave me was "you didn't obsess over every pound you GAINED on the way up to 300 + pounds, so don't do it on the way down!"
OMG, this is hilarious. And very true. I ate and ate and ate and ate and didn't freak out about gaining weight until I hit my highest, yet I focus so hard on what the scale says on the way down
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 290/210/180

Height: 5' 7"

When I first started losing weight, I could not cook for myself, because I couldn't trust myself not to eat more than I should. For the first few months, I ate salad with very little dressing and Healthy Choice Meals. I ate those because they are a lot lower in sodium than any of the other frozen meals. The frozen meals worked for me because when I took the last bite, the food was gone and I didn't have to make the choice of whether to stop or eat more. I can't weigh myself more than once a week because if the scale hasn't moved, it's very depressing to me.
NebraskaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #11  

Thank you all so much for all your help...I guess I will stick with it for a while an see what happens as for keeping track I write it down as I go along in a day...
My husband is also a big help...

I called the gym down the street tonight an looked into a trainer...

As for worries on the way down, your right I did not worry on the way up...
It just doent seem like I tried so hard on the way up lol as on the way down ROFL......

I would love to just move past the 250 mark at this point its 2 weeks an holding...I think its time to kick up some exercise...

Im just going crazy with this...I want to loose...wahhhhhhh lol

Well as I said thanks again for all the help Ill keep on trucking with my CC
Old 01-20-2011, 08:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 341/321/250

Height: 5'9"

You might now see it on the scale but can you feel it in your clothes?

My scale is not moving down at the moment but my clothes feel looser and I can go upstairs easier without huffing and puffing.

Keep at it and you will see a change on the scale.
LeslieWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 259/253/140

Height: 5' 9"

I so understand! I have been stuck between 252.8 and 250.4 for the past two weeks....GRRRRRRR. But, I know it will happen. Just keep doing what I am doing.

As for obsessing about putting it on.....soooooo true!
lisanovak is offline   Reply With Quote