South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #1  

Default Should I buy the new South Beach book?

I am thinking about starting the south beach diet. I am a 29 year old male. My wedding is in June and want to lose weight for it. I have always enjoyed Atkins diet but i know this is a much healthier (and will be harder for me to do). Anyway I have the original south beach book, do you think I should buy the South Beach Supercharged book? Is it different? Thanks
paulny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach, Paul. I'd stick with the old book BUT be sure to check out the stickies in the FAQ section for the revised food list. Supercharged has the lists and also some more emphasis on exercise that may be of use. On the other hand, you could spend the money on the wedding.

Hang out with us as well as in the Men's Forum, particularly our Daily and the On Plan threads.the
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

I'd stick with the old book and do as Ruthxxx suggests -

I read both last year, and using this site as a guide I don't see any reason that you would have to buy the new book.
AmyKitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #4  

Thanks for the responses. I just read the FAQ section. I am very impressed. That has a lot covered.

I am nervous to start the diet, as it seems strict to me. But i have always found low card diets to motivate me in the gym for some reason. Hope this will click.

Where does this diet stand as far as portions? Can u eat more then say weight watchers since its better food?
Old 01-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

The book says you should eat until satiated - I've found this to be more food than I was allowed on WW. That being said, I've started counting calories this week to find out why I've stalled.

My first two weeks I lost about 5 pounds (really good for how I typically do) and I didn't watch portions at all.
AmyKitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKitKat View Post
The book says you should eat until satiated - I've found this to be more food than I was allowed on WW. That being said, I've started counting calories this week to find out why I've stalled.

My first two weeks I lost about 5 pounds (really good for how I typically do) and I didn't watch portions at all.
Thanks for the response. It's a fine line fore me. I drive myself nutty when i count calories but i tend to over eat on diets that say eat till satisfied.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I wouldn't bother with the new book. I sold my original SBD books at a garage sale a few years back but from memory and this site I've got all I need to go on this time around.
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:31 AM   #8  
Mous

to The Beach, Paul.
Come chat on our daily thread, too!

Last edited by LADY WINDSONG; 01-20-2011 at 03:32 AM.
LADY WINDSONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the beach. I am with the previous answers. You will find loads of information regarding the plan coupled with lots of support. Linda
michigangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Don't worry so much about the portions. If you're eating the full servings of veggies that you're supposed to, having all your dairy portions you're allowed, and eating 3 meals and 2 snacks throughout the day as you're supposed to, you'll find that you eat smaller portions and stay full until it's time for your snack. Good luck...and congratulations on your wedding!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote