South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 12:17 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Daily Chat-Jan. 19

Good Morning

It's the first Wednesday morning! I am going to bed at some point. We had a whirlwind of a day and decided to travel tonight before the next wave of storms hit. It was already snowing quite hard atop Vail Pass so it was nice not to deal with traffic. I could actually take the day off since I'm ahead of schedule!

Tuesday was OP despite an extra bit of stress, which is always encouraging. Take care everyone! Let's eat OP today and get out and move a little bit!
Old 01-19-2011, 02:43 AM   #2  
Mous

Smile

Woo Hoo Debbie....and snow is a comin!

Today, I have been married, happily, 26 years!

Emotions play a major role in weight loss. Happy, sad, frustrated, stress and every other emotion.
We can't control how we feel but we can control what we eat.
Comfort foods, chocolate and favorite goodies can help for the time that you are eating them but afterward we feel guilt, more frustration and just plain terrible.
Let's learn to DO something instead of EATING something.
Go for a walk, call a friend, read and post.
You can do this, I have faith in you.

Store day for me and my store has a lot of 10 for $10 items today! Lots of fruits and veggies.
New recipes here I come.

Haven't been asked out today so I just may have to cook!

Make today a great one. Marcie

BBL

Last edited by LADY WINDSONG; 01-19-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:57 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Debbie, what is today the first Wednesday of?

Marcie, I love your posts. They're like the tear-off-one-a-day calendars but more eco-friendly. Happy anniversary!

Started off today with an asparagus and tomato omelet and rye toast. Yummy! I even had some veggies left over so I'll snack on them later. My kids are at school and the baby is fed and napping so I need to get to my chores for the day - upstairs bathroom and bedrooms, here I come!
Old 01-19-2011, 04:53 AM   #4  
Mous

TY Kara. Awe cleaning...burn some calories. Have a nice rest of your day.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:30 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Shhhhhhh! Some of us are sleeping. You Colorado chickies should be sleeping too! Good work on fighting the "monster", Debbie. Happy Anniversary to you and Lou, Marcie.

Breakfast sounds great, Kara. I wish I had asparagus right now so I could copy. Ours comes from Peru. Where does yours comes from over there?

We had just a bit of freezing rain yesterday so I got my morning and afternoon trips done. Today is simple - pet therapy at noon and banking in the same town. I love when that happens! I really, really want to get some quilting done this afternoon as I have not touched it since Christmas despite lots of good intentions. I like nothing better than working at the machine with a cup of tea and two happy dogs watching for cat out the deck door! ** Sigh ** Maybe it'll happen today.

I'm off for breakfast. I don't have asparagus but do have spinach so may do an omelet for a change.

Happy Hump Day!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:44 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Ruth, ours comes from Peru as well! I was really surprised when I looked at the package this morning because most of our produce comes from Spain.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:58 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! Kara, I always admire how organized you are with your chores. I imagine your household must run very smoothly. Mine does too, but I have only 1 kid and a cleaning lady :-) which makes it easier.

My cold has virtually disappeared but AF is still NOT here and I just really hope she comes before my weigh in on Friday, because I'm retaining a S-L of water. I also really, really need to get back to exercise now that my cold is done. The weather is warmer so today maybe I'll take a walk during lunch.

The prices finally went down, so I booked our Texas trip yesterday - whoo hoo! Something to look forward to. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Hump Day!

Debbie ~ I'm wondering what you mean by first Wednesday, too. Fill us in! I'm glad you didn't run into any traffic on your trip over the mountain, and kudos for being ahead of your schedule! Enjoy some free time today!

Marcie ~ Happy Anniversary!

Kara ~ mmmmm, your omelet sounds good! It reminds me of Cape May and my favorite restaurant, where I always order their asparagus, tomato and cream cheese omelet. If I didn't already have my oatmeal made, I'd be tempted to make one for breakfast, but I'd have to use frozen asparagus. Perhaps tomorrow.

Ruth ~ I hope you get the chance to do some quilting today. What a perfect way to spend a cold, wintry day!

Matilda ~ I'm glad your cold is finally better, and woohoo for the airline tickets!

We have a little black ice this morning, but it should be out of here by the time I leave. I ended up staying home yesterday, and I got a lot of stuff done, but I felt guilty about taking the day off. I'd try to make up the time on Friday, but we're supposed to get yet another storm that day. It looks like it's going to be long winter.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:32 AM   #9  

Just want to check in....I am running late so no time for personals but I hope you all have a great Wednesday! Hope to get back here later today!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:34 AM   #10  
Be happy.

Good morning!

You ladies have your day all planned and I'm still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes!

Actually, my day is all planned too - I never get to plan them myself anymore. I've got my call back mammo at 7:30 this morning. I'll be very relieved to have that over with, I used to get lots of call backs when they still used films and it was never more than calcification. But this is my first call back since they went digital so I'm a little bit uneasy. They're especially cautious I think, because my mom is a breast cancer survivor. But I suppose that's also why I get so uneasy over call backs.

We got lucky with this storm. No days to make up in June! School is on, with an hour delay this morning. I'm going to be on the run all day, but maybe I'll burn off some of the snacks I kept munching on last night while I was thinking about the call back. I'll rush to school from the hospital and I've got a training after school and youth group tonight. I'm hoping to squeeze some wii fit time in between school and heading back to town, but that will depend on how late the training goes tonight. I've got some yummy chicken chili and a nice, crisp apple for lunch though, so I'm heading out the door happy.

Fergie's got the car warming up so I need to go. Debbie - enjoy your first Wednesday! (I'm also curious) Happy Anniversary Marcie and Lou. Ruth - I hope you get to your quilting today, and Matilda Hooray for the tickets! Hello to the rest of you!

Have a great Wednesday friends!

Last edited by Heidi58; 01-19-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:35 AM   #11  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

I'm running late, but wanted to check in:

1) I've started the 100 push ups program (http://hundredpushups.com)
2) And I've adapted the 200 squats program, doing kettlebell swings instead
3) Well, swinging hand-weights as I don't own a kettlebell yet
4) Less than 2 weeks to C25K!
5) Lists should always end with an odd number. So there!

Hope everyone has a great on plan and active day!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Lexiss - great job staying OP!

LWindsong - I agree with Kara...great words! Happy Anniversary!

Kara - so good to see you on here again! And I LOVE seeing the pics of Lukas...so handsome!!

Ruth - sounds like a slow day for you. Hope you get to quilt a bit!

MMK - "S-L". That made me laugh. I hear ya!!

Cottage - we have the black ice today too. DH just told me it's slick as....blank out there! Drive safe!

Me - I check in all the time, but wow you ladies are a chatty bunch!! Took the DH away this past weekend and ate poorly...I am stunned by the amount of water weight I can gain in a short time. I've lost 3 lbs in 2 days to get rid of it again!! What I really need to do is get rid of the cashews, and not eat past 8 pm. That would help a bunch!

We have a 2 hour delay here with the roads, I find them kinda fun. I just go to work late, let the kids sleep in. If I can motivate myself, I'll get on the treadmill. I'm getting better at cross training, I picked up a stationary bike stand (so my bike is on it) a couple of months ago, and just picked up a nordic trak on craigslist. WOO HOO!!

Have a great day!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 209.2/207.6/150

Height: 5ft4inches

Good Morning all

I made it through Day 2 with no cheating, despite cravings. Orange sugar free jello once again came to the rescue .

Gym this morning, I have a headache from yesterday but I'm going to work through it, quite tired too despite a good 7 hours of sleep.

Happy Anniversary Lady Windsong!

Happy hump day all.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:44 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm kind of a zombie this morning. I was awake during the night and fell back to sleep half an hour before the alarm went off. That never works for me. Now I'm just waiting for daylight so I can get out and shovel. Apparently we have quite a bit of black ice here too and lots of schools are on 2 hour delays. Ah the joys of winter

Have an easy and safe hump day friends
Old 01-19-2011, 06:55 AM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Mathilda, I'm glad your cold is gone and yay for a trip planned!

Linda, what's your favorite restaurant in Cape May? We love the Chalfonte for old times' sake (my parents used to take us there every summer and I worked there one year), but Mangia Mangia is my favorite with that vegetarian place a close second.

Hi Lisa!

Heidi, good luck with your appointment. How soon will you have the results?

Annie, I loved your list! I did the 100 Burpee challenge with a friend last year. I hated it by the end. LOL Hopefully your push-up challenge is more fun!

Tammy, I have a soft spot for cashews, too. They're so delicious!

LAK, hope your headache goes away. It's pretty common to feel crummy the first couple days of Phase 1 but you should be feeling better as the week rolls on.

Cyndi, I'm sorry you didn't have good sleep last night. Hopefully today goes quickly for you and you can get some good rest tonight!
Closed Thread