Old 08-04-2005, 10:43 PM   #1  
seh435

Default Yogurt Ideas

I like yogurt, but I am definitely not a fan of the way plain yogurt tastes. Does anyone have any recipes or suggestions conducive with Phase 1 to spice up this bland breakfast item? Thanks!
seh435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:32 AM   #2  

I like to add cinnamon and Splenda to it. You can also add SF syrups such as DaVinci or Torani.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 03:48 PM   #3  
krazy binging insomiac

Here's something I posted in the desserts section. It is phase one and when made it has the consistency of yogurt, flavoured with yummy fruit flavoured crystals. Let me know what you think.

yes this is phase one and so amazingly quick and simple and great for anyone missing this fabulous combination of fruit. i'm usually really lazy after i get home from work and don't even think about food until 8 pm so when i've already hassled with a meal i don't want to take the time to fix a dessert. today i just got a little crazy and came up with this great thing.

tastes a bit like those minigo or whatever they're called... those fruited cheese things. feedback would be appreciated.

Orange Banana Strawberry Blend

2 cups cottage cheese
1/4 packat of crystal light orange banana strawberry blend
1/4 c. skim milk.

blend together

enjoy
nefarious_wytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 10:38 AM   #4  
seh435

I tried the Orange Banana Strawberry Blend and LOVED it - it tasted EXACTLY like fruit yogurt! Thank you! Breakfast has been saved
seh435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:04 AM   #5  

Can't remember where I got this recipe but I now use it all the time. Mix a package of your favorite s/f, f/f jell-o with 1 quart of plain, fat free or low fat yogurt in a microwaveable bowl. Stir to mix well, microwave for 1 minute, stir well again, microwave for another minute. chill and serve ( I put it into individual containers to make it more convenient.)
grammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:09 AM   #6  
My Journey To Thin

S/C/G: 165/156/120

Height: 5'6"

I have a friend who actually puts the sugar-free Crystal Lite packets, like the ones for 16.9 oz water bottle, into her plain FF yogurt. I haven't tried it, but she likes it
ellieflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 168/168/120

Height: 5'0"

I tried the plain yogurt with some sf jello and a little splenda. It was really good. I was soooo suprised!

Last edited by dasmith2; 10-03-2008 at 06:23 PM.
dasmith2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm into decadent - I like a small spoon of crunchy peanut butter, some agave, & a generous amount of unsweetened chocolate. Stir until it's mixed well.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 325/315/225 by 8/1/09

Height: 66"

Okay, I am a peanut butter and jelly fanatic, but it isn't happening on this diet, soooo, my substitute for PB&J is to take a container of ff fruit flavored yogurt (I like strawberry or blackberry best)and add about 1-2 tsp of PB and stir well. Sometimes I also add a tsp or two of ground flax seed or even whole flaxseed for crunch. I used to wake up during the night with cravings, but, I eat this at beditme and this cured that "night eating". Also, as an FYI, I saw on a morning show recently that low-fat or fat free yogurt is a way to cut your peanut butter calories. You can take up to equal ratios of peanut butter and yogurt and stir vigorously (or you can choose 1/4 yogurt and 3/4 PB)--cuts the peanut butter calories and essentially tastes the same--only drawback here is that, once you add the yogurt, the PB has to be refrigerated.
tiklmipink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

The best thing that happened to me with plain yogurt was trying Greek yogurt. Less sour. I actually found the Trader Joe brand to be less sour compared to Fage, but others think the opposite.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/142/135

Height: 5"5'

I use 1 packet of splenda and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Tastes like regular french vanilla yogurt!
aquabuttafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:33 PM   #12  

A couple of things
I know I don't always like the sharp taste of some yogurts, but since I have been making them myself, I control how much tang is in it. One of my favorites is to make a copycat Activia by using a container of it as the culture. And it only takes 5 hours to firm up. Siggis, OTOH, takes only 3 hours to firm up and is tang free at that point... the longer you culture the product, the sharper it gets.

Bill

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-07-2010 at 08:53 PM.
whuebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 175/144/125

Height: 5'1

add a tsp of Sugar Free Jam (I like the high fiber one), it makes it sweet, I also like this for dessert
mustangheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by seh435 View Post
I like yogurt, but I am definitely not a fan of the way plain yogurt tastes. Does anyone have any recipes or suggestions conducive with Phase 1 to spice up this bland breakfast item? Thanks!
I like to take a box of ff sf lemon jello and mix it with a little bit of splenda (probably 5 or 6 packets) and mix . then i top it off with a little ff cool whip and mix around. VERY GOOD b/c I cannot do the plain either.
tamburrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I buy bottles of sugar free syrup at Starbucks. I add a few spoons to my cup of yogurt. Last night I tried adding unsweetened cocoa powder in as well. Great idea. It was delicious.
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote