View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #11
CollegeChickMN

S/C/G: 250/[email protected]/now220/goal150

Height: 5'5"

I have my industrial, lobes stretched to 5/8", second lobes stretched to 14g, two left lip piercings, right nostirl, and anti-eyebrow. I've had almost every facial/ear piercing you can name, at some point, so I am very well informed on the topic of piercings, haha.

The bump you're seeing is called hypotrophic scaring, it is very normal for industrial bars and will go down over time. Cartilage piercings generally take about 6 months to fully heal, but industrial bars take about a year, due to the constant stress of one piece of jewelry through two different holes.

Like somebody else said, hot compresses will work very well, also just being careful to to get any hair product on it, or get a comb stuck in it (ouch!).

Any piercings done with a gun will take much longer to heal than with a needle, piercings guns are horrible for your body and should never be used because they put the tissue through WAY to much trauma.

As for the belly button piercing, I cannot help you with, I haven't had mine done- yet. I think I may save that as a reward for myself when I hit my weight goal

Last edited by CollegeChickMN; 01-17-2011 at 07:13 PM.
CollegeChickMN is offline   Reply With Quote