Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #1  
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/???/155

Height: 5'9"

Default Anyone on Diet to Go?

I just started my 3rd week and I'm already down 8 pounds! I'm loving the food. I'm disappointed that the DTG site no longer has a message board for their customers. I'm hoping to find others who are also on it.
exactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 258/246.2/140

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default Newbie

Hi, I will be starting DTG tomorrow. I pick up my first local delivery tomorrow night. I'm excited, and can't wait to start losing weight and getting healthy! We can chronical our success here if you'd like. I've been combing the internet to find out what the success rate has been on DTG and how much weight people have lost.

I am starting with the low fat 1200cal 7day plan. I think I will reduce my days down as I go along I want to slowly transition to planning my own meals and maintaining my weightloss independently.
Caring4myself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Do a Google search on "diet to go reviews" and you should find lots of info.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #4  

I began DTG on 1/18/11, and just love the food. I had an appointment with my doctor on 12/21/10. She ordered routine lab work & u/a. When the results came back, she called me and said glucose levels were 126 which she said was diagnostic for diabetes, and that a few liver enzymes were elevated. I got the lecture that she was giving me 3 months to start losing weight and if the levels hadn't started coming down, she was putting me on medication. Well, I found DTG and have just started week 3. I really like the fish dishes. Many of the turkey dishes are VERY spicy, but I feel I'm learning portion control (I'm following the 1200 calorie low-fat plan). When I was weighed at the doctor's office my number was 282. When I went to a Weight Watchers meeting on 1/22/11, my weigh registered 274.0. 8 LBS.!!! I realize scales are different, but I'm taking it!!

Glad to have found 3 fat chicks.

Julie (Doodie)
Doodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:25 AM   #5  

Hi Julie, I also started 1/18. My weight loss has been steady so far also. I'm down 11lbs. For week 3 I switched to low carb, so that is what i'm doing now. I worked out twice for 45 min each last week. I'm trying to increase exercise and also add in strenghth exercises. Overall doing well. I have started to make use of the substitution function. That helps a lot. Continued success to you and me too!
Old 02-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #6  

Just curious -- I'm just beginning Week 4 of the menus and am wondering after week 5 if DTG goes back to week 1 again? The food is good, although some is quite spicy, but I'd rather have the spice than bland!

Thanks,

Julie
Old 02-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #7  

I think it does rotate back to week 1. I think we started on the same day. Do you do local pick up or mail order? My sister did mail order and she stated that she didn't like the food at all. I'm doing local pick-up and I've found some foods that are pretty good. There are some that i'm not fond of, which I switch out. But overall pretty good.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies. I just had week 5 delivered to my home today.....and boy did it come right on time because I was ill prepared for lunch. lol.
I ate the turkey/swiss sandwich which was delicious. I'm looking forward losing wt. with DTG again.
I started working out this week. I'm doing Turbo Jam videos and I plan on purchasing Slim in 6.
Is anyone on Sparkpeople?

Last edited by ONEBLESSEDRN; 02-16-2011 at 03:22 PM.
ONEBLESSEDRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:29 PM   #9  

I'm not on Sparkpeople. I was on there, but I signed up for so many social sites, that it was hard to keep up with everything. I try to just stick with one. I like this website, and have started coming often.

Are you on mail order? I do the local pick-up. My sister tried a couple of weeks of mail order, and she stated that she didn't like it. I'm not sure how different mail order is from local pick-up, but I have found some dishes that I like. Good luck with everything.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #10  
mcz1970

S/C/G: 245/240/125

Height: 5'4.5"

I just ordered week 5 and will start when it comes. It ships on Monday but I don't know what kind of shipping they use. For others who do mail order, what day did your order come on?
mcz1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #11  

My sister did mail order and hers came on Tuesday. I think they delivery date is either Tuesday or Wednesday.

One thing I'm frustrated about is finding real people to interact with that has found success using Diet to Go. I see reviews online, but they are ones used by Diet to Go. I wish there were more people on here to bounce ideas off of on this. I'm going on 5.5 weeks and has lost 15lbs. The largest weight loss came the first week. I know i've been messing up the last few days.

I'm going to give it another month to see how things go.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/173.5/135

Height: 5' 5''

Hi Caring4myself - I was online reading through some forums and saw your note about finding people who've had D2G success - I'm a former D2G'er. I tried it for 5 months, only lost a total of 10lbs - not all D2G's fault. I blame myself for switching from the low fat to the low carb, but I was hoping the low carb would boost my weight loss. I was averaging about 1 lb per week on the low fat, really enjoyed most of the food - the one or two I didn't, I substituted with no problem. Tried the low fat for 10 weeks (2 cycles of the 5 week menu) - lost total 10 lbs. Some weeks 1 lb, some weeks no lbs, some weeks 1.5 lbs, gained 1 lb once or twice. I thought it may be the pastas, breads, muffins - so on to the low carb

Unfortunately, for me, I found it difficult to eat vegetable sides (green beans, cauliflower) for breakfast (maybe if they had been chopped up and added to an omelet or as a veggie egg scramble, I could've handled it better) and honestly, the first time I had the pork chop breakfast, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I substituted that one, was just too heavy for me first thing in the morning.

I think D2G is a good plan for some, I enjoyed it more when you could comment/ask questions in their community forum. I think that was part of my motivation, reading comments from others who were trying to follow the plan. In the end, I just couldn't find the right ratio of carbs/protein for me - 1-1.5/week isn't bad, but I had a lot of weeks with no movement on the scales.

I'm thinking once I get down to my goal weight, I'll start using them again (low fat or vegetarian plans ) - they have so much flexibility - lunch, dinner only; dinner only; - i think it will help me maintain.

I wish you and others on D2G much success!!

Last edited by Pluto Is A Planet; 02-19-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Pluto Is A Planet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #13  

Thanks Pluto, I said i'd give it one more month to see how it goes. I don't want to spend a bunch of money for a long period of time if the weight loss is not on average 2lbs per week. I know there will be stalls, but.....
Old 02-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #14  
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/???/155

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! It's nice to see other people also on Diet to Go. I've just finished my 8th week and I'm down 14 pounds. I'm not losing as fast as I want to, as I lost 6 the first week and then only about a pound per week after that. I really was hoping to lose 2 pounds a week. But, I'm really enjoying the food on this diet as well as enjoying how easy it is for me to stick to it. No planning, shopping, prepping, cooking or cleaning up! I'm on the 1600, 7-day, traditional low-fat plan and I get my meals through mail order.

After going through all 5 weeks of menus and trying everything, I started making substitutions so I would only have the meals that I like. And there's still a huge variety. What are your favorite meals? Here are some of mine:

Breakfast
Egg and Broccoli Pie
Greek Burrito
Apple Pancakes
Blueberry Muffin

Lunch
Reuben Sandwich
Chicken Philly Sub
Shrimp Mango Bisque
Turkey Burger

Dinner
Vegetable Ravioli
Herb Crusted Red Snapper
Chicken Fajita
Chicken Pizza
exactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #15  

Default D2g

I will be finishing up my first 5 weeks with Tuesday lunch (2/22). I want to get myself weighed tomorrow morning -- okay, by the end of the week since yesterday (2/20/11) all of my family & I went out to celebrate my nephew's birthday and I ate 5 pieces of pizza. Some of the meals seem to be a lot of food, and I find about the only thing(s) I am supplementing are a banana with breakfast and glass or 2 of skim milk (I am on medication for high blood pressure). I feel I am in danger of becoming bored with this program, but the doctor wants me show her that I'm serious about losing weight, which I am. About a month ago I went to WW and asked if I could be weighed in, but they will only do that if I join (they weighed me in anyway, thankfully).

I've enjoyed most of my meals and don't feel deprived, just don't want to be bored with things & go back to the same old same old. Some of my favorites are also listed above with the previous poster. I also like the French toast & waffles I've had. What I'd really like is some turkey bacon with the eggs. Secretly, though, I really want some red meat . . . .

Julie