Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 07:28 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

I see no one bothered IN FEBRUARY to reply re: my daughter and blackheads!!

14 THINGS PMS STANDS FOR

1. Pass My Shotgun
2. Psychotic Mood Shift
3. Perpetual Munching Spree
4. Puffy Mid-Section
5. People Make me Sick
6.. Provide Me with Sweets
7. Pardon My Sobbing
8. Pimples May Surface
9. Pass My Sweatpants
10. Pissy Mood Syndrome
11. Plainly; Men Suck
12. Pack My Stuff
13. Permanent Menstrual Syndrome
14. Potential Murder Suspect!!
Old 04-11-2003, 11:37 PM   #2  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

...just didn't know what to say.....DS#1 has 'em too and they drive me crazy.....
Old 04-12-2003, 07:07 AM   #3  

Oh. I love squeezing them. Well, I don't LOVE it, but I hate seeing them on my face. I think it's my best "hygiene number", Den.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:27 AM   #4  

Me too! I think we can't see the forest for the trees. So to speak. (Can you tell I have had another break out?)
Old 04-12-2003, 10:30 AM   #5  
Student of the Hoof

I bought some of those pore strips for my 14 yo daughter. Basically you glue them on your face, then rip them off. It's kind of disgustingly amazing to see what comes with them. Rather like some demented science experiment. V loves them.
Old 04-12-2003, 11:21 AM   #6  

I can't wait to get some of those strips - I have both my period and several lovely zits (much too much info I know) and every time I sit down somewhere quiet the girls race in to show me something, tell me something, ask where something is or tell me they are hungry and/or thirsty...I keep warning them I am NOT in a good mood and to ask daddy, but HE you see is busy (unlike mother, who is just reading a book or cleaning the floor or something)...GRRR. I think my PMS does not stop when the M starts - it just keeps going and going and going...

Lidian

My DDs have not got zits yet but I shudder to think how horrified they will be when they do! They are always looking in the mirror checking that they look good!
Old 04-12-2003, 06:56 PM   #7  

Raven, I bought some of those for my daughter, too. They're great. I just bought the nose ones... I should pick up another packet for her forehead, etc.
I tried one myself, and was just FASCINATED with the JUNK that came out of my skin. brrrrrrrrrrrr. Couldn't stop looking at that strip!
My daughter had a huge blackhead on the top of her nose, and when we removed the strip, she screamed, "Aaaaaaaaaagh! There's a big hole in my nose!!" Sure enough, that little nose was clean as a whistle.
I have a needle in my bathrooms for major problems.

geez, this is a totally disgusting subject... who the **** started this conversation anyhow!?

"I think we can't see the forest for the trees." Den, that's it!!!
Old 04-12-2003, 08:28 PM   #8  

WOW!!! I have to get some of those strips too. DS will use them, I am sure, because right now he is OBSESSIVE about cleanliness. (He sure didn't get that from ME!!!!)
Old 04-12-2003, 10:46 PM   #9  
a brave new me...

Unhappy ohhhhhhh...

Too.....much...........information...........
Old 04-13-2003, 09:47 PM   #10  

Sojo-HAHAHA!!!!! You ain't seen NOTHING yet!!!

(Ellis, can you send me that placenta recipe?)
Old 04-14-2003, 07:41 AM   #11  

Now Den... Sojo is very delicate. Don't tease her.

darling... it's not placenta, it's tooth plaque
Old 04-14-2003, 10:34 AM   #12  

OOPS!! My bad!!!!
Old 04-16-2003, 04:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I am a cosmotologist, and I suffer from adult acne...I had perfect skin when I was 16, it started after I got out of high school.
As far as blackheads...the Biore pore strips work well for that-for acne pimples and whiteheads-the only thing that has ever worked for me is Proactiv Solution. Every over the counter product-Clean and Clear, Clearasil, Noxema....and on and on and on...either broke it out more, or didn't help, or totally dried out my face until it was flaky and peeling. I even have tried every prescription medication out there. The Proactiv is perfect...I sound like the infomercial, but I hate to see someone out there in the store, or wherever I am with acne, knowing that it would help them. Use it morning and night.
I also recommend that you make sure your makeup-especially powder, foundation/base, and blush are oil-free formulas-and don't touch your face with your hands unless they are freshly washed, change your pillowcase every couple of days to avoid buildup of oils on your pillow-and then laying your face on them all night, and if you have long hair-sleep with it pulled or pinned back away from your face. Don't wash your face with the same soap you use for your body...facial skin is much more delicate and needs separate cleansing.
Hope I have helped...these are what have worked for me the best.
Aphil
Old 04-16-2003, 04:56 PM   #14  

Thank you, Aphil... I'll get some this week for my daughter!
I'm going to print off your advice for her. She doesn't wear make-up, but I'd forgotten about "the pillow case thing".
Thanks, again!!
Old 04-16-2003, 08:40 PM   #15  
Cat Lover

Aphil, Good advice. Thanks!

I have acne on my back. It's completely hormonally related bacause when I was on the pill I had no back acne, and now that I am off it I have it. I also have about one currecnt pimple constantly and one healing. It doesn't relate to my cycle.

?????

Sandi
Closed Thread