South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209.2/207.6/150

Height: 5ft4inches

Default Returning to The South Beach

Hello All,

I'm a returning member who dabbled in the South Beach last year ago but didn't get past phase 1. I'm here again and will be starting phase 1 tomorrow. I posted briefily on 3FC back then as another user name. This is a fresh start so I've made a fresh user name.

I'm 36 years old, a full time college student. I was laid off in October 2009 and decided to make a career change, I'm now studying for my associates degree in computer science.

My name is Lynne, and I live in Petersburg, TN. I'm insulin resistant, pre-diabetic and have polycystic ovarian syndrome.

I've done a meal plan for the week, and am about to go clean out my cupboards of all the foods I don't need to have around me.

I look forward to visiting this forum and getting to know you all.
LAK1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 161/156/<130

Height: 5"4"

You sound a lot like me! I used to be on here in 2003 or 2004. It's a great site, but like you, I forgot my old name. I have found incredible success with SB. I am not pre-diabetic, but oddly, my body reacts the same way...always itchy and scratching, thirsty, always peeing. I've been on phase I for 5 days and already I noticed that burning itchiness is gone, my teeth feel cleaner, and I have no appetite! I really am convinced that SB is what my metabolism needs.

It's my goal to not have one single cheat during phase I, what do you think? Can you do it? I dare ya!!!!
plusmince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #3  

lol I really hope I can get through Phase 1 without a cheat! I'll take you up on that dare.

I had a talk with my husband last night about my failures to change my lifestyle. I have trouble sticking to anything, be it eating right or exercising, and have been getting very fed up. DH has been very supportive, he said I should pick a path and stick with it for 3 months. So I am choosing to go to the gym 3x a week and am going to stick with that for 3 months. If I can be under 200lbs by my 37th birthday on 11 March I will be happy. I'll weigh myself tomorrow to get my starting weight.

I reckon that if I can aim to go to the gym 3x a week for 3 months, then I should be able to get through phase 1.

I get very discouraged when I don't see any loss, and I'm unlikely to see much change within a week because PCOS really slows weight loss down. Instead of getting on the scales every week and being discouraged, I might only weight myself every couple of weeks.

The biggest thing I will miss in phase 1 is fruit but I remind myself that it's only for 2 weeks, then I can start introducing it again.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back, Lynne! It sounds like you're setting yourself up for success with a plan already in place. Good luck, and we hope to see you here often!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Welcome!! It sounds like you have a solid plan in place, which is what you need for success.
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:19 PM   #6  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

it's nice to meet you. best wishes to you.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #7  

Thanks all

I have just got back from the supermarket with bags full of sb phase 1 friendly items. The gym is scheduled for first thing tomorrow morning. I'm excited and nervous, I really want to stick with it this time and not give up.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/142/129

Height: 5'3"

Good luck!!

As I am sure you are starting to notice yourself...what I love about these boards is that it is filled w/ people who "understand." For some of us it isn't as easy as "eat less, exercise more." I'm day 16 on SBD and couldn't have done it w/o this board. Sometimes just logging on and reading other people's post is all the help I need; other times I post my own questions and concerns.

Welcome and good luck! You will do awesome!
jms423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

LAK, just take it one day at a time and you can do it. Posting every day really helps. Welcome!!
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Nice to meet you, Lynne Sounds like you have a good plan. Just take PH1 one day at a time, and if you need to, one bite at a time. The two weeks will fly by before you know it!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/163/154

Height: 5'6"

I am returning to the Beach as well. I did it a couple years back and had a lot of success on it. I was able to get through Phase I last time and this time. I think the key in being successful in Phase I is not eating the same thing day after day. Take advantage of the Recipes here and try them. My favorite so far is the Chicken Spinach Casserole.

After the first few days when the cravings and sluggishness goes away it will be much easier. By week 2, it becomes natural. I am just moving on to Phase 2 and still really just don't care too much about the new foods that I can have.

You can do this! We are all in together and we are all going to get healthier and happier!
beckyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

Welcome Back!!!! You can do this!! As the other posters said...1 day at a time, together.
AmyKitKat is offline   Reply With Quote