South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/see bar/150

Height: 5"6

Default Phase 1 GO!

So last week I decided it's a new year and i've had it and i'm starting over again. Tomorrow marks one week of phase 1. It's been quite successful so far. Though the difference from my last attempt seems odd. Last time I really grooved that whole munching all day on good things bit. This time I have no appetite or desire to eat. I don't enjoy it, my portions seem less. I am taking care to eat enough that i'm not going unhealthily in the other direction. But the level of "i don't care" i've been having about food feels odd.

Also, i've had the runs for several days? Is this a symptom of the SB flu, or a coincidence?
mistypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:13 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Hello! It's nice to meet you.

I also had the not really hungry feeling on phase 1, I'm thinking it started around day 5 for me. I struggled with constipation though, and have always assumed that was why I didn't feel like eating.

I hope you'll be feeling great soon!
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Congrats on one week down! Welcome.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:42 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I don't remember much about my P1. Your lack of hunger could have something to do with SBD flu. Keep checking in and let us know.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:42 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

I also am on my second Phase 2 and haven't experienced hunger and have had some 'intestinal' difficulties. I think perhaps it's just a symptom of making a food switch so abruptly. I've been taking pysillum and chia seeds and that has been helping. I'm thankful for the lack of hunger, so won't question it! You've had excellent results, congratulations.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mistypaw! And congratulations for doing so well on your first week of Phase 1!
Strickly speaking for myself, I'd be thrilled not to have an appetite and would enjoy that feeling while it lasts.

As for your other "problem", it may be because you are drinking more water and losing weight, but I'm not sure. As long you don't have a tummy ache or are feeling ill, it will probably clear up soon.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 226/147.5/135

Height: 5'5

Congrats on week 1 down. Tomorrow marks 1 week down for me as well. I have the opposite problem though, constipation. Maybe eat more protein?

Teri
teribear79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/180.5/160

Height: 5' 5"

Today is day 4 for me, and I have a wicked headache. I started a 30 day cleanse 9 days ago, so I can't really comment on the intestinal issue. Is it normal to feel like I'm in a grumpy, hazy fog?
Jumpin Thru Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

Jumpin - ABSOLUTELY normal! I spent the first 7 days feeling that way - this week has been a huge turn around.

MistyPaw - the first time I did Phase I I had the same experience with lack of hunger. It IS disturbing - just feels wrong somehow. But given that I'm hungry ALL THE TIME this go-round, I would just count it as a blessing.
AmyKitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 226/215/175

Height: 5'7"

How weird. I am on Day 10 of Phase 1 and have the same problem! I find that I dont really get hungry. Unfortunately I think some of it is because Ive made some not-so-good food and the thought of eating it makes me cringe. I need to make some good stuff! I do enjoy the desserts though!
Willow324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 262/see bar/150

Height: 5"6

Thank you for your encouragement everyone! It's going well. I went off for one meal for my husband's birthday dinner, and I have to say... after not having carbs and sugars for a week... it knocks you over the head hard. I passed out! Going right back on plan though, and honestly after that experience, I have no desire to leave it!
mistypaw is offline   Reply With Quote