Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #1  

Default Newbie here with eating problem

Hi, I'm new here and have a problem. I have been eating healthier to lose weight since 1/1/11 and within the last couple days I'm fight this incredible urge to shove as much in my mouth as I can until I can't eat anymore. I don't know how to get rid of this urge. After I ate my slices, I wanted to devour what was left over even though I felt full. Any idea what I can do about this? Thanks
19nurse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #2  
Chubette

S/C/G: 243/243/140

Height: 5'4"

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I find that having healthy snack that you eat all day long keeps that from happening. But I always want to over eat because I liked the feeling of a full mouth of food and an over full stomach. Good Luck...stick in there.
DarwinsTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/210/180

Height: 5' 7"

Eating healthier since 1/1/11, that's terrific!! I know for me, I have to just get away from the food. If it means, putting the leftovers down the garbage disposal, or for me, since I don't have a garbage disposal, flush it down the toilet, that's what I have to do. If I leave leftovers laying around, if I don't eat it right now, more than likely, I'm going to go back later and eat it. Going back and finishing off the left overs is all it takes to start me on a binge.
NebraskaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #4  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

I totally understand the feeling. Today I had a great workout that I don't want to ruin so I sat at my computer with a huge mug of water and a piece of sugar-free gum. It's the first time I've tried this strategy, so we'll see how it goes.
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184 / 182 / 118

Height: 5'3"

Try drinking a big glass of water before you allow yourself a bite of anything. It works for me about 50% of the time You can also try eating healthier options like fruits, veggies, egg whites, etc. until your body and mind get on the same page in regards to not stuffing yourself. At least you won't be doing more harm than good by binging on those things. Congrats on almost 2 weeks of healthy eating!
ANewMeT is offline   Reply With Quote