Maintainer Introductions our stories and photos

Old 01-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/116/116

Height: 5.6'

Default Afraid to eat !

Hi all..I'm new to this site. I lost 130 pounds almost 3 years ago. I live in constant fear of gaining weight. It consumes my daily life. Is anyone else out there experiencing this?
What do you do to ensure that you don't gain weight?
I run and work out 5 days a week, but I have this thing about always having something to nibble on. I use gum and sugar free candies, jello etc...I need to break this constant nibbling cycle.
Does anyone have suggestions?
lulubella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Lulubella .... Congrats on your phenominal weightloss and keeping it off for 3 whole years ....

Yes, I'm afraid to eat sometimes too Eating, exercising, watching what I eat are constant thoughts in my head, but it's now become a lifestyle so I just trudge along and go with the flow granted some days are easier than others...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #3  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Last time when I lost my weight, I felt the same way. It consumed my entire life, and it became my life. I drove everyone crazy...I could not go out to eat with friends or family. I hated parties and the snack food and alcohol etc.

I think I wanted to maintain a weight that was not realistic, and I could not and after a few years I "gave up" and let myself get heavy again. I had set a goal/weight that was impossible.

This time I am taking a different attitude. I know I can not sustain 108 weight without constant fear and calorie counting, but my body likes to settle at 123 - 125 range.

Let your body guide you. Eat well balanced 1500 calorie diet and exercise, and see where your body takes you.

I hope I am making sense
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/116/116

Height: 5.6'

Thank you for resonding! Sometimes I feel so isolated out there. You can't talk about this at work because once youv'e lost the weight people have no empathy and they have no idea what you are really going through...
lulubella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #5  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Society can be very cruel! -- Sometimes I think my weight gain was because I wanted to fit in. Being thin takes a lot of courage!!

Most of my friends carry extra weight, and last time went I went to down size 0/2 some of them started pulling away. People don't always understand how much work and self control it takes to shed that weight. If it was easy everyone would be thin; but it is a lot easier to "enjoy" life and over indulge.

I know, when is was size 0/2, I was kind of a pain in the @ss at times, because it did take over my life. And I am OCD at times, when I try to obtain something....but still. Jealousy is there

Chin up; you are NOT alone!! -- I am hoping I can cope with the weight loss this time...I am scared as well, because in 4 to 5 months I most likely will fear eating again...I know myself.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #6  
Fat to Fab and Fit

To add one more thing. I bet you look absolutely beautiful!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to 3FC! This is a great place.
I also lost my weight about three years ago, and yes, it does weigh on my mind a lot.
That being said, you say you live in constant fear of gaining weight and it is consuming your life. That isn't normal. Have you considered counseling?
You are bordering on being underweight. Perhaps you are trying to maintain too low of a weight and that is part of the difficulty?

I also have a snacking/munching issue. I am trying to drink hot tea rather than always reach for food. I did it this morning and it helped a great deal.

Good luck to you. Stick around.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/149.5/140

Height: 5'6''

I think that you are probably trying to be too light... You are my height, and weigh almost 30 pounds less than me... and I'm at a healthy weight.

Best of luck to you! Please don't be afraid to eat!!!
NewGirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote