Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'1"

Default Where do you workout?

I take classes at the gym, do the DVDs at home, lift weights, do yoga. I'm running out of space in my workout room. In addition to the DVDs, I like to run but to's too dang cold. I want a treadmill.

1. I have a hard time having workout stuff in multiple rooms. Yes, it an OCD thing.

2. The room I use today, may be needed for seomthing else in the future, which means all my stuff will be all over the place in other rooms.

Where do you workout at home? It all your workout stuff in one place? Does your workout area interfere with your family's daily lives?
Ursula745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Working out at home, I don't have a spare workout room. We keep resistance bands and a set of dumbells in the bedroom, and yoga mats in the closet. We do have workout dvds in 3 rooms of the house. Not ideal for organization and clutter, but I just don't have anywhere else to put it all. Plus if some of the stuff is laying around in random places, we are more apt to use them while watching tv, ect.
blingfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

These days I go to a personal training gym that's 3 minutes from my house. I have a Stairmaster in my home office that I don't use that much.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

The only "workout stuff" I have is a pair of running shoes which need to be replaced. I exercise in my large living room (heated carpet is great for winter) or I run/walk outside in my neighborhood.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #5  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I follow workout DVD's in my living room. I have taken over the bottom of the coat closet to hide gear, I have barbells leaning up against the wall, and an Iron Gym hanging in the doorway to the hall. Yoga mats are folded in half and tucked under a love seat. I have a weight rack with dumbbells in the little used dining room.

We recently moved the treadmill into the office. Hopefully we can move more equipment into the office as we move things around so the house looks less like a gym.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

LOL I am one of those totally tacky - treadmill right in front of the TV - people. It just makes it so easy though! Flip on the news or prime time tv and before I know it Im done with 3 miles.

Now that I think about it I basically dont watch TV unless I am on the treadmill.

Last edited by The Last Noel; 01-11-2011 at 12:27 AM.
The Last Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #7  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

I work out at work and at home. I'm lucky enough to work for a place that has its own rec center and offers cardio, Zumba, pilates, and yoga. On days I don't do that, I use our treadmill at home, or the workout DVDs that I have. It's funny because I can eat the same thing day after day, but I get bored with workouts pretty quickly. So, I need to change it up a lot. I might do Zumba and cardio one week, and then do Pilates and the treadmill the next week. And my treadmill is parked in front of the TV, too. I need to be distracted.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm lucky in that we have a partially finished basement which has been turned into a workout room. All our equipment is down there. I also belong to a specialized gym which I go to. My husband works out exclusively from home and he also runs outdoors.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote