Old 01-10-2011, 01:13 PM   #1  
Started 1/9/11

S/C/G: 222

Height: 5'

Red face Day 1

I started yesterday. A tad disorganized. I didn't realize how large and how many diet supplements I had to take. To make it worse I didn't have a pill box large enough to put them in. I lounged most of the day and didn't drink enough water (I have a hard time drinking water). I had gone to the Farmers Market on Saturday and bought vegetables that I like (did I mention I don't like many, . Didn't do anything with them until 7:30pm last night. Made a huge salad, steamed cauliflower, cut cucumber.

Breakfast, IP herb omlette in the morning. It was okay. Not the 9 egg omelette I'm use to at Family House , but it will do. Had a 16oz glass of water

Lunch, IP Bar, 2 cups of cucumber.

Dinner, This was interesting. I steamed cauliflower and sauted a turkey patty. Cut up the pattie and added the cauliflower to the pan. Added the leek soup and mixed together. It was pretty tasty.

Today I packed my stuff up and brought it to work. Hope the water drinking gets better.

My gripe for the diet today is - They put 8 puddings in my variety pack! WTH! Gonna make a call and see if I can change some.

Until tomorrow ALOHA
hwntula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

i am not a fan of water either. i actually have an old cranberry juice 64oz bottle that i use and am sure to drink at least that in the day. i add 1 of the crystal light to go packets into it and it gives it just enough flavor and sweetness that i am able to drink it! it gets easier to do FOR SURE!!! plus i tell myself the more i drink, the more i pee, and the quicker the fat leaves my body. CONGRATULATIONS on starting!!!!
amber2beme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #3  
Started 1/9/11

Thanks for the encouragement. I probably need to post this on one of the IB posts. I'm new to this. Have a great!
Old 01-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #4  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Hi Amber2beme and Hwntula - I know this sounds ridiculous but water does have a flavor - I will admit I am a water snob and if I don't get the water I like I cannot drink my allocated water. Have you ever tried different kinds of water - instead of tap water or spring water (I personally dislike both - even where the tap water is super clean) I only like reverse osmosis water (a process in which water is filtered through a reverse osmosis membrane) which is what Dasani and Aquafina use - I also believe Culligan water (the kind you can fill yourself at Walmart and other places) is reverse osmosis. There are several water delivery services that use this method as well. Sadly, I cannot even do water filtered from a brita pitcher. I actually had my husband install a reverse osmosis filter in our house and now I haul around a refillable gallon jug so that I will always have the water I can drink. Honestly if I had not found a water that had a taste/smell (or lack thereof) I liked this would be a very difficult requirement for me. This is just a thought/suggestion - certainly I am no expert at any of this, if I were I wouldn't be here :-) . I am on day 3 so I feel silly even suggesting anything but I do know this is what helped me learn to be a water drinker.
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #5  
Started 1/9/11

Thank you for the tips, I'm going to try different waters.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntula View Post
I started yesterday. A tad disorganized. I didn't realize how large and how many diet supplements I had to take. To make it worse I didn't have a pill box large enough to put them in. I lounged most of the day and didn't drink enough water (I have a hard time drinking water). I had gone to the Farmers Market on Saturday and bought vegetables that I like (did I mention I don't like many, . Didn't do anything with them until 7:30pm last night. Made a huge salad, steamed cauliflower, cut cucumber.

Breakfast, IP herb omlette in the morning. It was okay. Not the 9 egg omelette I'm use to at Family House , but it will do. Had a 16oz glass of water

Dinner, This was interesting. I steamed cauliflower and sauted a turkey patty. Cut up the pattie and added the cauliflower to the pan. Added the leek soup and mixed together. It was pretty tasty.

Today I packed my stuff up and brought it to work. Hope the water drinking gets better.

My gripe for the diet today is - They put 8 puddings in my variety pack! WTH! Gonna make a call and see if I can change some.

Until tomorrow ALOHA
a bar on day one? we have different coaches. dinner....... a cooked protein and an IP packet? I am curious if your coach recommended that? I know all the coaches are different.
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5' 2"

I am also just officially getting started. I used to think I drank alot of water, but whew!! I am glad my office is just a few steps from the ladies restroom! I did low carb last week to get any extra sugar out of my system. I think that helped and I lost three pounds. Will just have to see how today goes. I am really glad for this site!
jazzbearyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

I am also surprised you had a omlete, bar AND the leak soup?? I thought those were considered "restricted"? I think you will see beter results if you just stick to the drinks and puddings for the first few weeks? IMO. I also notice you had no salad?? You should try, it helps with BM.
annieann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #9  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 189/187/125

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieann77 View Post
I am also surprised you had a omlete, bar AND the leak soup?? I thought those were considered "restricted"? I think you will see beter results if you just stick to the drinks and puddings for the first few weeks? IMO. I also notice you had no salad?? You should try, it helps with BM.
Hi-I just started Monday so after reading all the stuff phew..i am pretty good. My dr is the one that issues the diet and I got a "starter" pack. It had Leek soup, cream of chicken soup, bars etc. The first week us Newbies are allowed to have a bar if we need it. But leek Soup is not restricted. The chili is-i have not tried it yet.

My days are a shake in the morning and egg white hard boiled egg. I don't like the yolk. Lunch I have salad, 2 cups of veggies in leek soup. Dinner I have lean meat, 2 cups veggies and salad. I get the oil in by mixing the dressing.

I am on day 2 and my tummy hurts but the doctor said this is normal. I want to eat a pb and J sandwhich...lol
ipsmb45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #10  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 189/187/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntula View Post

Until tomorrow ALOHA

I started on Jan 10 this is day two for me...soooo i am with you (although you are a couple days ahead). I need to get some ideas about how to cook veggies....good luck..hang in there
ipsmb45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #11  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Try mixing the puddings in with 10-12 oz coffee or tea, then heating. So amazing! I also have done 5oz coffee, mixed with sf hazelnut syrup, stevia, and frozen all day for kick-butt coffee ice cream. Welcome, and good luck!
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #12  
i love weight loss

S/C/G: 370/261.4/180

Height: 5'5

congrats on starting your ip diet. i have been doing it for 2 months and love it. good luck
krisbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbelle View Post
congrats on starting your ip diet. i have been doing it for 2 months and love it. good luck
As far as I know the IP omelettes are not restricted
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #14  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsmb45 View Post
Hi-I just started Monday so after reading all the stuff phew..i am pretty good. My dr is the one that issues the diet and I got a "starter" pack. It had Leek soup, cream of chicken soup, bars etc. The first week us Newbies are allowed to have a bar if we need it. But leek Soup is not restricted. The chili is-i have not tried it yet.

My days are a shake in the morning and egg white hard boiled egg. I don't like the yolk. Lunch I have salad, 2 cups of veggies in leek soup. Dinner I have lean meat, 2 cups veggies and salad. I get the oil in by mixing the dressing.

I am on day 2 and my tummy hurts but the doctor said this is normal. I want to eat a pb and J sandwhich...lol
Where is your 3rd packet? You should be having a snack in there somewhere - most of us have it an hour or so before bed. That way you are not so "starved" in the morning. If you did eat the yolk, that egg would count as half your lean protein. Without it is fine. Sounds like your doing well-keep going!
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #15  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

I actually started Monday, but have lost nearly 10lbs in 48 hours, that is if the Dr. scale and mine at home are reading the same. I am following the protocol to a "T". Is this normal in the first few days?

I find myself drinking over a gallon of water a day. Is this ok?

Leek soup is terrible by itself, trying cream of chicken soup today..

I am excited to be part of this program, my father-in-law has lost over 110lbs and mother-in-law I think over 60lbs and they started in June 2010. They look and feel amazing!

Its a bit rough being on this diet as I am married and have children at home with tons of snack food. All family members are supportive and we eat dinner together and always did before. My wife will most likely start once she is done breastfeeding.

I have a question the I find different answers too on here and from my in-laws. Can I use sweetners while on Phase 1? My Dr. said yes any 0 cal 0 carb sweetner is ok, my inlaws say only use a stevia or spleda type sweetner. I am only asking for use in my coffee in the morning.

Sorry for the long post, I will keep it shorter in the future.
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote