Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 01:18 AM   #1  
it's always something

Default 300+ and ready to try again and stay on topic #313

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 04-10-2003, 01:37 AM   #2  

Well, it is officially Thursday morning here in PA.

I am thankful to be alive, to have a home to go to and two healthy cats ! I may not be rich, but I feel I have it made anyway!

I've tallied up my food journal entry for the day and figured out why I was so lightheaded earlier--the calorie tally came to only 937 !! I honestly thought I ate MORE than that; and I really had to be careful today, because my glucose level was up to 139.

I had a boiled egg, and now I feel better.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:43 AM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

What a surprise to come to start another fresh thread and find it already started. Thank you Suzanne. I am willing and ready to start anew.

I have had a fairly good day Wed.
My food is better each day. I have bought more "new" veggies and I am looking forward to trying them soon.
I discovered the differences between all the different kinds of squashes. Each variety had cooking instructions on them so I am set. I spent a fortune at the grocery store. $$$$$$$

I am babysitting my grandbabies Thursday. I am looking forward to it. I bought a bunch of new toys for them at the garage sales last weekend with my daughter. I can't wait to see their excitement. I also bought them some treats that are a no no for me. I am determined to not even take a taste .

Okay.. I need to go clean in my kitchen. Half of those groceries are still sitting in bags on the counter. I put up the refrigerated stuff and my feet hurt so bad from shopping soooo long that I just cooked dinner and then sat and watched American Idol. NOW I have to go put up the rest.
I want to welcome all newcomers. We love newcomers here and I am sorry it has taken me so long to welcome you.

It is THANKFUL THURSDAY... I am thankful for ...
new beginnings...
old friends....
and the present.....
any kind of presents... Christmas, birthday, just because I love you presents.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-10-2003 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:48 AM   #4  

Hi Lori... you sneaked in on me while I was posting.
I love your cats. I used to have one quite a bit like your yellow one.
Journalling is important not only to keep us from eating too much... but also from eating too little as you learned.
Love those boiled eggs for a quick snack. My dog usually eats my yolks.
Old 04-10-2003, 02:50 AM   #5  

Ok please help me quick! My daughter and I just had it out and she made me so angry that I went straight to the kitchen ready to sabotage my whole program. OK I started in and I was ready to eat into oblivian, but I did manage to stop myself. Actually I started writing everything down and realized I hadn't gone over my points yet so I stopped before I did. But why was I so quick to give up, just because my daughter is 15 and thinks she knows all and is the queen of this house and everyone should bow down to her including me. Is that any reason to ruin my life? I don't think so. Also she is the one that guilted me into starting WW in the first place so I think that is why I was so quick to quit over a fight with her. She said that I needed to do it so she could and I have always felt guilty about her weight as it is, so then of course I thought if I didnt' do something I would be responsible for her obesity. Well she doesn't even stick to the program, so I guess I need to set a good example and stay strong through our fights instead of giving into angry eating.

Hey thanks for all the help. I guess sometimes just coming here and writing and just talking about it solves the problem. I am still very frustrated with my daughter though. She thinks she is a grown up and should be treated as one. She is also very smart and knows all the right buttons to push. It's amazing how similar a 15 yr old and a 2 yr old are. She is doing some of the same things she did when she was 2 to push my buttons only in a more decietful and hurtful way. We are really clashing these days, and I don't want it to be like it was with my mother and I. I could never talk to her, she always made me feel small, I just don't know what to do.

Well anyway, alot has happened since this afternoon when I was in here, has anyone heard from Donna?? Please come back Donna.We love you and I need you.

Tomorrow is WI. I am afraid. Oh well it is just a number and I know I have done the best I can this week.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:03 AM   #6  

Deon... I am here... but no great words of wisdom. Sorry.
I raised three teenagers and each one was different... but I did have some of your same problems. If I had to do it all over... I don't even know what I would do now.

Plus... I don't know that even if I did know what worked for me... if it would be right for you and your daughter. There is no one answer fits all. Just know we are here for you to come release your stress with. {{{ HUGS }}}
I will tell you.... that at 15 you are learning how to be independent. You can't talk back to your teachers, or others in authority ... so who do they practice on ..... MOM.
God made babies soooo cute and sweet so we would fall head over heals in love with them... because he knew we would need that background to deal with the future.
I want to tell you how PROUD I am of you for not eating.
You did AWESOME !!!! Instead of having one problem... you would of had two if you ate.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:08 AM   #7  

2cute: Thanks so much for that advice and hug. I really needed it. It helps to know that I am not the only one totally lost about all this teen stuff. I always thought I would be able to get through the teen years easier than most because I was going to remember what it was like, well I do remember but I don't know what to do about it. So here I am. Just struggling to do the best I can and hope that she don't hate me in the end. Thanks again for all the support. It is very needed right now, I am weak.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:39 AM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good morning ladies
Fresh thread fresh start.
Lori I love your cats and the neighbers too.

I made my reservations last night for our trip I can't wait I really need the time away and I promise to try and stay op.
This will be kind of a second honeymoon for us.

If I missed welcomining any new chicks sorry you will love it here as I do.

Thin good chatting last night where were the rest of you.

Well I gotta run grab someting to eat and get off to work.
Love to all of you

Old 04-10-2003, 07:45 AM   #9  
it's always something

Question: Would the 300+ group like a separate forum, like the 100lb club has? You would have to scroll down the page a little to get there, but maybe it will burn a calorie or two It would give you room to branch out into various topics, if you wish. However, I realize you may also feel more cozy in a single thread. It's up to you
Old 04-10-2003, 08:34 AM   #10  

Good Morning. I promised Suzanne I would post to let you know I am ok. Please know that I am a tough old lady ok? I know you guys love me. My dh put me to bed with sleeping pills last night so I did sleep finally. I am kind of out of it this morning, but will get in the shower and should be able to shake it off. Anyone that is known to belong to this thread is welcome to e-mail. I will leave my address with 2cute as she has posted this am on the thread and I can use her pm without going back to other threads and you may pm her to get it.

Donna
Old 04-10-2003, 09:36 AM   #11  

Hey there chicklets,

What do you think about suzannes idea of a forum. Wow, we have come a long way. A fresh start for us all.

Well today is WI day for me and true to form I have been on the scales twice already even though I use the afternoon weight as the official weight.....but looks like I will have a good loss for the week and will be changing my numbers and guess what else.....I will have lost 10% of my body weight!!!! Yippie hurray lets all dance with me!!!! Please dance with me, we need to smile and laugh again....

I did this super long post last night about the latest saga with Evan but now its gone....so, if you did not get to read it, here is the condensed version. He came home in tears and terrified to ride the school bus. Well he has had a problem with this one 8th grade girl for sometime. Mind you he is only in 5th grade. Well anyway apparently yesterday it went beyond picking and she and her little croanies decided to tell him well whisper load enough for him to hear it that they were gonna kill him. Yes, thats right they used those words and many more. Well hearing this I got on the war path. Here my child is in tears and terrified and not feeling safe in his own home. So I tell him, I am going to the houses of these other children and straigtening this out once and for all!!! The first house to be visited is the ring leader (8th grader) Well her dad is like OMG, I can't believe she would do this because she has been picked on at school for the last 5 years and come home many a time in tears. So anyway long story short the father was super about it and was gonna have a long long talk with the girl. Then on to the next house, a boy in 6th grade who by the way has been to my house to play, well he would not go in the house and get the dad for me to talk to, I think he was scared and knew exactly why I was there. Anyway I talked to this kid with Evan right there and think all is fixed on this one too, but told him if it continues I will be back to talk to the dad. Next house a 7th grade girl, who turns out is a peer mediator at school. The mom is astounded that she would be in on this, but glad I came and had the guts to go about town and handle this. So that girl admitted everything and has now decided to help Evan on the bus to stop the picking and stuff. I think she did this out of fear of what her mom would say if she did not. But, none the less it will help, and all the parents ended up being really good about it and said if I had any more problems to call right away. Our school system has a no tolerance level for bullies or threats. It is grounds for immediate disipline. Anyway I hope I have fixed all of this and Evan does feel better, even told me last night that I was his hero, can you imagine, can you see my heart melting right now?

I can't believe I went out in my own town to all these houses and did all this, but that mother lion we all have inside just came out, my mil told me this am that she couldnt believe how mad I was. My dh told me if I were a man I sure earned my brass balls last night. Gosh, look what you all have done to me!!! I'm no longer a shy little person in the corner that lets things pass on by. I mean I have let the kid fight his own fights but this one needed more than he could do.

Okay I bent your ears so long....Im sorry, but you guys are my cyber family and I just like talking to you all about everyday stuff in my life too, kinda puts us a little closer....

Hugs to you all,
Sandy
Old 04-10-2003, 09:42 AM   #12  
**No Excuses**

Hey gals. Do you all remember Sapphyre Dreams? Well I'm here. My computer crashed and I couldnt get back,so when I finally did, I just re-signed up again. I hope all is doing good. I have missed ya'lls support and kind words.

today I am thankful for being able to be back here with a ton of supporting ladies.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:00 AM   #13  
BELIEVE!

Default Can I join you?

Hi Ladies --- Allow me to introduce myself again for those that didn't see my post from yesterday that is now gone. My name is Barb, I have been lurking around here for a couple months using this website for support during my weightloss journey. Everyone here seems wonderful and so tight knit that I guess I was just a little apprehensive to jump into the group. You have all inspired me so much and given me so much support without even knowing it. I decided that it's time for me to jump in, participate and try to give back!

A little about myself....
I am 32, married to my wonderful hubby, Jeff, for nearly 9 years, we have 3 dogs, no children (yet - we're hoping), I work fulltime for an investment company --- I have battle my weight pretty much my entire life. I've done it all --- childhood dieticians, nutri-system, Richard Simmons, pills, slim-fast, starvation, blah, blah, blah! I'm tired of it all and now trying to find out what works for me. I know the answer - eating healthy and exercising. It's just easier to say than do, as I am sure you all know. Marriage has been wonderful, but the years have not been kind on the waistline (mine or Jeff's). We just found ourselves getting too comfy with our life and each other and stopped being concious of eating and exercising. The weight just crept up over the years. Finally, a few months ago something just went off in my head that said, "get yourself together - time to be healthy". We dearly want to add children to our life and we have not had any luck doing things naturally - I know that losing weight will help and a lot of my motivation comes from my desire to have children. Before I start down the road of treatments and doctors I have vowed to take this year to really get myself back on track...anyway, that's probably more than you wanted to hear...

I have been counting calories, carbs and fat trying to find a good balance. I've been trying to exercise (mostly walking) everyday. I had a pretty good schedule going and 6 weeks ago we adopted our 3rd dog - Charlee the Chihuahua, who I love dearly but has added a little kink in the exercise plan. She can't go for long walks like my other dogs and needs more attention during this puppy time. It's taken me a few weeks to get back into a routine, but this week things I have gotten a little more normal...so, back on track it is. Actually, yesterday after reading the boards and finally deciding to post I went to the basement to walk on the treadmill and added 1/4 mile to my walk. I just felt so motivated!

So far I am down about 22 pounds. My scale is a little tough to read and I am not positive it's accurate, so I ordered a new one that should be here in a couple days. (I do a lot of my shopping on the Internet).

Well, I guess that is enough about me for now. I look forward to getting to know all of you wonderful women! You are all the BEST!

Barb
Old 04-10-2003, 11:09 AM   #14  

I don't know if I like the idea of a seperate forum, I like the small personal group we have and with a seperate forum I don't think it will be as personal. It's hard enough keeping track of the ladys that do post, not that we don't welcome new comers, a seperate forum might invite alot of newbies who come and go and we don't even get to know them. Just my opinion.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:15 AM   #15  
**No Excuses**

I just wanted to say welcome barb! Today was my first day back since aloa. this is a great thread to be apart of with alot of support. Good luck on your journy
Closed Thread