Old 01-10-2011, 03:10 AM   #1  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly Chat Jan 10th-16th

New thread.

Hey Pam that's an arm! Well done. My first day on the 20lbs goal today. No time limit, just hoping for a steady 2-3lbs a week.

It would be much easier for you, and also for us to read, if you could do a dedicated thread Nancy if it's not too much trouble.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:51 AM   #2  

good morning. jojo, not my arm lol. I WISH I could lose 2-3 lbs a week. I'm lucky to lose a pound but more like .6.

We are updating the utility room. I got the trim painted yesterday. We were going to lay laminate, that looks like tile, but my husband isn't pleased with it, so we are returning it and doing ceramic tile. I'm the grouter and do not look forward to it. Adding some overhead cabinets too.

Here's to a good week for all of us....
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Getting ready for my surgery this afternoon. The worst part of it is that I can't have any food or drink even a sip of water for the 14 hrs before. I tried to sleep in but I got up the regular time anyway.

Thanks every one for your well wishes,I really appreciate them

NANCY-I agree with the gals whatever is easier for you.

JOJO-Thanks for start the new pages,I think I like to lose 1 lb a week per month,but some times the body does work that way.

PAM-Good luck with your utility room. That's one thing Leo & I weren't good at was renovating the our home.We always had to have people come it and do it and than we let it go as it was getting too expensive.

Have a great day and I 'll be back tomorrow is it can get to the computer.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey everyone i used to do the core plan years ago and lost 55lbs doing it but they have stopped doing it over here in the uk I have had to start bk at ww doing points which im not used to but it is working i lost 5.5lbs in the first 5 weeks which is good for me as my weight loss is slow. Hope everyone had a good week. My wi day is thursday xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

EMS81...what shall we call you? Good luck at your wi.

Pam, good luck with the updates. I can do mosaics but have never tried grouting a lot of tile.

Maryann, good luck and I'm eager to hear your first report when you return.

Last edited by Tejas; 01-10-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #6  

Default Backyard

Jan 9 2011 002.jpg

Bird feeders and the snow. We have 9 feeding sites. Sandra gave us one of the flat ones to the right, so, of course, we had to buy two more plus the stand!

I got the snow off and added seed and they are all eating now. We have got some very fat birds and squirrels!

Last edited by Tejas; 01-10-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #7  

Jan 9 2011 001.jpg

Doves at a feeder yesterday.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #8  

Cardinal pair, plus Titmouse Jan 10 2011 001.jpg

I have a cardinal pair, here is a picture of them taken just a few minutes ago.

Last edited by Tejas; 01-10-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, you know I'm loving seeing your bird photos. We had a red headed woodpecker here feeding today with the doves and such--along with a kingfisher out at the pond.

Ems, to our little group. We are all excited to meet you. Congrats on losing 5.5 pounds. Sounds good to me.

Maryann, I'm sending you for a successful, uneventful day followed by a quick recovery.

Nancy, I think "dreams" and "hope" are 2 mighty powerful words. Use them both. Did Robin come home or will it be tomorrow?

Pam, Curtis and I don't do much remodeling. I'm impressed with ya'll.

JoJo, I know you were glad to get back to your meeting and will contnue your weightloss journey. I go to OA tonight. I'm guessing it's a lot like your meeting, except we don't weigh there. We just talk. Do ya'll weight?

Waving at Kathy, Vickie, and Sloan, and anyone else who hasn't made it here yet today.
Got to go. I'm having some homemade split pea/ham soup and cornbread before I drive to OA. Have a good evening, everyone.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #10  

Thanks for the welcome my name is emma you can call me that or ems.

Are any of you doing the new pro points plan? They have stopped the core and simply filling plan here in the uk I previously lost 55lbs on core so was gutted they had stopped it xxx
Old 01-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies, we are having a small snow storm here in Middle Tennessee, so we have been out of school today and will be tomorrow. I have done only one chore that needed doing; I cleaned out my file cabinet to get my papers more organized. I have been planning that since the first of December, and I finally made myself do it. I am op and made some beef, barley, and mushroom soup from the new ww cookbook for supper, and it smells so good. I can't wait to try it.

Maryann, I hope you are doing well. Let us know how you are doing as soon as you can.

Welcome Ems!

Rhonda, I love, love, love the pictures. I put out my first feeder this week, but so far, no visitors. I understand that it could take several weeks before the birds start coming to it. It just has a mixture of seed in it. I plan to add some thistle seed (is that right?) in the next few days. Maybe that will appeal to the little fellas

Sandra, hope your OA meeting is productive.

Nancy, I'm still prayin'. I know your friends mean well, but I disagree . I think planning and hoping are more important than ever. You and Robin

Hey to the rest of you chickies!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #12  

I'm glad you're enjoying the bird pics. Sloan, the cardinals and doves LOVE safflower, and it is expensive. The jays like peanuts in the shell or not. I also use a mix that has a lot of black oil sunflower seeds. But, I expect there are local preferences. The squirrels like corn and peanuts.

Nancy, like the others, I agree "hope and dreams" are critical. Relish them and act of them.

I have found a good and healthy pizza. It's called Amy's.

(Emma, as you can see, we talk about a lot of things!)
Old 01-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #13  

ok cool
Old 01-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Ems, I am on P+. So is Sloan. I can't remember if anyone else is. We are all doing what works best for us. We met here working CORE but for various reasons have changed or stayed. Personal preference. What we definitely prefer, though, is to stay in touch with each other. We've bonded here and are eager to get you bonded, too.

Sloan, I have been second thinking going to OA tonight, but looks like I will go. I have to drive about 40 miles one way and tend to get too lazy to do that. Roads look good, so I have no good excuse. I know I need the meeting. As soon as I get off here, I'm going to leave.

Rhonda, is more knowledgeable about birds than I am. I just put out blackoil sunflower seeds. I'm thinking the smaller birds are eating the scraps left by the larger ones. I'm putting out about a gallon a day now. I don't hav to put out that much other times of year.

Okay, ya'll. I'm off to OA. I'll come back here when I get home to let you know I made it back all right. If you don't see me here, call out the highway patrol or something.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #15  

Thanks for your support you will all have to let me know your names as some of you have not got them on your user name and i feel rude not answering to you by your name hehe

Im doing ok on pro points actually better than i thought i would anyway lets hope i can get 28lbs off by the end of july for my 30th birthday xxx