South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 04:09 AM   #1  
Mous

Smile SBD Daily Chat for Jan 10

Good morning,

Today is weigh in and I am happy to say I have lost almost 4 pounds! Week #2 starts today.

To those of you who will be weighing in today good luck. Remember sometimes it is how you feel rather than a number.

We are doing this.

Ty for all of your hello's, good wishes and atta girls'

Last edited by LADY WINDSONG; 01-10-2011 at 06:30 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-10-2011, 04:25 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Daily Chat - Mon. Jan. 10

Good morning, Chicks and lurking Roosters. I've been lying in bed for over two hours and finally got up. Grrrr! This year end accounting stuff is driving me insane! I keep thinking of things I've missed and then discover all is well. I drive myself nuts and always have with this perfectionism. Darn Capricorns!

Realized over the weekend that I've been driving around with an expired licence plate sticker. (It's supposed to be renewed by the first day of your birthday month.) So, AFTER gym, I'm off to town to get my car checked for emissions and then to the licence bureau. I may work in a slight detour to a quilting fabric store while I'm in town.

My ticker and I are not speaking this morning because she is lying. Ham certainly does a number on me. I made a huge pot of pea soup with the bone but will freeze most of it. I could eat pea soup three times a day and then would really be in trouble. When I'm in town today I'll do a veggie shop as salads have been neglected lately. Dill pickles are not considered a vegetable, I think.

Another coffee, some breakfast and I'll stumble through the day. It may be a day for an afternoon nap.

How does your Monday look? It won't get light here for another 2½ hours so I can't really tell yet. I think we are supposed to get a day but they lie - just like rugs and tickers!
Old 01-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning! Wish I could sleep later Now I am sitting around waiting to see if they cancel school today due to our first snow "storm." Not much else going on here.

Ruth - You crack me up!

Windsong - Good for you!
Old 01-10-2011, 06:20 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone! Well the forecasts were correct here. I woke up to a winter wonderland! No school for anyone and it may be a few days before we can get back because the temps are not getting above freezing until Thursday! You know here in the south they roll up the sidewalks when we get any snow accumulation! I hope we won't lose our spring break. The boys will be so excited when they get up!

Congratulations Windsong! Your first weigh in sounds similar to mine! I was down 4.1! Now it's on to week 2 for me as well!

Ruth- Have fun at the gym and running around town. I think today will be a wonderful nap day for me too!

Hey Karen! I know what you mean but I am wide awake at 6 am when I could have slept in???

Last edited by litar; 01-10-2011 at 06:22 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Pass the coffee, please. I kept waking up all night, too.

We're still in the lull between the storms. Tomorrow we're supposed to get slammed, so I'll be getting as much done as I can today, and the girls have their last Cotillion class in Wilmington this evening. Thank goodness we'll have sunshine today!

I survived the weekend just fine, OP wise, and have my meals all planned out for today. I'm taking a batch of the Nessa Bars with me to stash in Cindy's freezer for when I need them, too. I may get snowed in there for a couple of days this week. I have my overnight bag all packed and ready to go, just in case.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #6  
Mous

Smile

Ruth that was my laff for the day. Loved it.

litar. We will lose weight this week. We have snow here too but it is usual for us. Brr, though.

Karen, do you want to stay home? Fingers crossed?
Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, having driven those roads with you, staying at Cindy's place sounds like a great plan. Be safe. (I must make those oatmeal bars again in case I get snowed in here - although we Canadians are pretty tough with snowstorms.)
Old 01-10-2011, 06:40 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

Right now I'm wishing I had a snow day today.... I'm dragging this morning, not sure why though. I believe I slept OK. No snow in sight though, the storm won't get here til Wednesday.

Ruth, my weight is up this morning too, and I believe it's only because of salt. Fergie fixed a stir fry for supper last night and went way too heavy on the soy sauce. As if that wasn't enough sodium, I broke out a diet Coke to drink with it. Hopefully my pudgy little fingers will be back to normal by tomorrow morning.

OK, gotta go. Drive safely if you're dealing with that storm today - or better yet stay home!

Last edited by Heidi58; 01-10-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #9  
Mini-goal: 260

S/C/G: 325/ticker/154

Height: 5'6"

Headed in to work; it's a 30 min drive when it's clear, but reports are it snowed quite a lot near my office last night. We'll see how that goes.

<3 to you all!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:05 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all,
I don't think we're in for snow (cottage, you're on the east coast too though, right?) but it doesn't matter anyway, because my son is staying home from school. He was sick all weekend, but seems to be on the mend. I'll stay home with him this morning until my sitter comes; I was able to get into work for a couple of hours yesterday to take care of what I usually take care of on Monday mornings. Went to the 5pm church service at my new church last night. And, I lost 3.6 lbs my first week back on Phase 1 with counting PP! Feeling good today...
Old 01-10-2011, 07:12 AM   #11  
Mous

Smile

Matilda, hope your son will be better soon.

Ann, be careful.

Heidi, tomorrow is a new day.

Cottage woo hoo!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all....
Reading all the posts about snow makes me a little jealous. We NEVER get snow down here, just ice. And like liter said, if we do get any "winter weather" everything shuts down. Everything.

Enjoying my coffee and trying to make myself get up and get ready for work. It is not that I mind work--I love it, but I have a long commute that I don't love. And with my dogs sleeping by my feet is hard to get motivated this Monday morning.

Have a great day chicks! Stay warm!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:40 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Running late, just like every other Monday I did read through though and it certainly sounds like an extra strong gravity day. Same problem here. grrr

Have a good day Chicks!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:40 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

LadyWindsong, thanks for getting us started this morning and congrats! on a successful week 1.

I wish I'd have gotten here a little bit earlier this morning. Everyone got up with me and I had to hope right into "functional" mode. Getting Rudi out is harder here, especially when it's 5 degrees. I'll be wearing my warm hat at the pool today! Yay! for year round Colorado hot springs! I'm going to water yoga at 9. Now that I'm back to good internet I'm going to try to get a report done before leaving today.

TallandThin, my salad veggies this week are carrot, celery, radish, cauliflower and cucumber. I don't put the cuke in my pre-mix because it mushes too fast. My greens are mostly organic spinach and iceberg. Yes, I know iceberg isn't the greatest nutritionally, but I like it and the spinach makes up. I love adding zucchini but the organics aren't that great here right now.

Ok, off to work! Glad I always WFH. Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:09 AM   #15  

Height: 5'8"

Lexiss,
Tell me more about the Colorado hot springs. Do you really get to exercise in them?
Closed Thread