South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-06-2011, 03:01 AM   #1  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

Default Phase I Starters

Hello All, I'm getting off my butt and starting phase one tomorrow. Anyone else doing the same? I figured we could help each other get through those first couple days/weeks
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245.8/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning! I started Phase 1 yesterday (Jan 6th). Doing pretty good so far. No cravings for the 'bad stuff' and not hungry! Woo hoo. How are you doing?
wantabetterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 226/215/175

Height: 5'7"

I started yesterday as well. So far so good! Did you get the book, sbd supercharged?
I got several recipes from there. the chalk-full-of-veggies chili is amazing! I cant wait to make the lemon ricotta for dessert.
Willow324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/254/152

Hi everyone, I just started my diet Jan. 7th. I felt a little hungry yesterday but today went alot smoother. It will be great to be able to come here and see how everyone else is doing.
Shersnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

I just finished Phase 1 yesterday and just wanted to give you some encouragment that you can do it
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #6  
NOW is the time!

S/C/G: 225/219.5/175

Height: 5'6

Talking Starting Phase I...

Just starting Phase I today...and it's just crazy how I've never thought so much about having a piece of toast with my eggs before! Once I know I'm not "allowed" to have something, it becomes foremost in my mind. That's an obstacle for me...not to think so much about it all. I can definitely live with the food choices for 2 weeks...just have to take my mind off of it. Just spent a little time doing the Obstacle Course on the Wii with my son Ben...that worked!! Oh, yes, and I'm also new to this site...trying to figure out the ins & outs of it...any hints? Thanks!
bennwyattsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to all you Newbies!

You all seem to be doing pretty well, and each day will be a lot easier. Be sure to check out our entire forum for lots of hints and suggestions in the FAQ section, and some great recipes in our recipe section for both meals and snacks on each Phase.

Good luck to all of you, and hang in there!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:05 AM   #8  
Always Learning

Hello Everyone, Sorry for the lack/delay in posting! I officially started phase one at 10am on Thursday...so...85 hours ago? :P

If any of you are having sugar cravings I highly recommend taking a look at you milk intake, I found that the days that I drink my two glasses of LF milk I overall felt more energetic and better overall. I haven't had any beans in my menus for the past couple days, but I'm going to try and include a 1/2 cup with supper tomorrow night and see how that helps.

Also some advice: I've found my cravings are insane when I haven't eaten the right amount or veggies, or skimp on water (like today :P).

Meal wise I've been doing a variety of egg cups (I believe the sausage and cheese ones are in one of the cookbooks?) for breakfast with a iced latte (SF syrup, milk, coffee). Lunch has been a variety of things from veggies w/ cheese to greek salad south beach friendly style. Dinner has been veggies w/ almond crusted fish (I've been a little bit loose with my nut allotment :P). Snacks have been veggies, peanuts, yogurt (plain, sweetened with my SF syrup) and the like. I highly recommend the egg cups for those "on the go gals" like myself.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

Welcome welcome!! I just finished my first full week (yes, this is going to be in a lot of my posts today
and I'm feeling so much better than I did last week. Hang in there..those cravings will subside.

I don't know if it is useful, but the last time I did this plan, I had desserts as recommended. This time I did not have anything but a little SF jello the one night I was dying for sugar, and I have fewer cravings than last time. Of course, I already knew I was totally addicted to sugar, so anything similar does tend to set my cravings off.
I'm planning on adding SBD Ph 1 desserts in this week, so we'll see if there is an appreciable difference
AmyKitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 218.5/211.1/175

Height: 5' 4"

Default Just thinking...

I am just thinking of starting Phase I again. I have been on SMD for one year and lost 20 pounds, but all of it in the first half of last year and have been stuck ever since. I dread it tho--I hate Phase I. I just joined this website today, altho I have been lurking for recipes etc off and on.

Can I lurk on this thread while I decide?
jicarilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'3

I was very upset after the holidays. This is the most I have ever weighed and I don't want it to get out of control. I started last Monday (the 3rd) and have been doing well. No sweets or cheating so far. I find that I am really full almost all the time. I have to make myself eat dinner. I need to start exercising more. I go to Zumba once a week. That is the only time I can go the three times it is offered. I love it! I have did SBD before and lost 10 lbs. in a month. I did start before the Holidays and that wasn't the best time for me. So here I go again!
redautumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:25 AM   #12  
Always Learning

Lurking is more then welcome

I need to start exercising again as well. Getting through the cravings for the first few days was work enough though :P

AmyKitKat - I've had the same experience as you, in general the days that I've avoid the "Sweet treat" category I've been less "hungry" then days where I did have the 75-100 calories of allowed treats.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 226/218/160

Height: 5"3

Hey All! I started Phase I on 1/2/11 and am down 8 pounds so far! It isn't easy but it is manageable! I still have cravings for sweets from time to time but eating some jello or a piece of sugar free candy usually does the job! The only way I get really hungry is if I've went to long without eating!
Kaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 226/215/175

Height: 5'7"

I weighed myself on Day 5 of Phase 1 and lost almost 7lbs!! The hardest thing is preparation! The one day I was tempted to cheat was because I couldn't eat my prepared lunch, but I stayed strong! The veggie chili recipe in the book is amazing! Beans definitely are a great addition. The desserts arent fabulous but I like that I can have "dessert" so I dont feel deprived. I really feel like I can stick to this diet! I want to stay with Phase 1 for 4 weeks and hope to finally get below 200!!!!!!!!!
Willow324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #15  

What a great thread! I was going to start on Friday, but I'm starting phase 1 tomorrow (Thursday 1/13).

I got some great tips from this thread. Thank you very much.
myyear is offline   Reply With Quote