South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: [url=http://www.TickerFactory.

Default Newbie and Nervous

I started Phase 1 on Monday January 3rd. I have had no breads, fruits, sugar, of any kind. Feel like crud. I"m so lethargic and no energy.
I 've tried to following the food list in the book but I'm still worried I'm not doing it right. I worry I'm eating things I "think" are ok but then , not sure. Like Italian Chicken Sausage with Asisago Cheese & Spinach? I don't know what on the labels I should be looking for exatcly? I know to look at the Sugar content but how much Fat & Carbs should I try to allow a day?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
irishgal76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #2  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

You're supposed to limit your sausage to 1 serving per week, or so I think. And stick to lower fat options like the chicken sausage.

You're doing fine, you've got the South Beach Flu...

Drink LOTS of water. Eat your beans. Get you dairy in. And whatever you do, don't give up! In a day or two you'll feel GREAT.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #3  

I never saw anywhere where it said to limit sausage to 1 time a week? I 've been eating turkey sausage for breakfast every morning.

I'm so frustrated about what I can and can't eat. I thought SB was easy but so far it doesn't seem easy to me.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #4  
Come on ONEderland!

Hmmm, let me see where I got that from- maybe from the book.

http://www.*************************...inglist_p1.htm

I'd say having 1 sausage patty with breakfast is fine.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #5  
Come on ONEderland!

You know, I'm not 100% sure I'm helping out here. I think you would benefit from reading the SBD frequently asked questions thread here. There's a lot of good info.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #6  

I have the book and have read it. Its a lot of information to take in. I came on this forum looking for help (notice my title said Newbie and Nervous) and I don't so far feel very welcomed but thanks anyway.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

irish gal

A couple of links that might help if you haven't seen them:
Phase 1 food list is a good, quick place to check on foods
Emergency Handbook for Phase 1
I found Sausages!

Are you eating beans and dairy every day? They won't cure the crud but should help. It is so worth it, you can do this!

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-07-2011 at 04:46 PM.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/150

Height: 5'6"

Irishgal, I'm new too, and I started the same day you did. I felt really crud-y yesterday and wednesday, but today I feel a bit better. One thing I've found that I think helped me has been taking my dog for longer walks. I used to just take her down the stairs and then come right back, but now we go for a 20-30 minute walk.

Also, I've been getting a ton of my meal ideas from Kalyn's Kitchen, which is a really great blog with a lot of good recipes. I was able to find some fantastic stuff that didn't taste or seem like diet food to me. I haven't really been watching fat or anything else, just found approved recipes and cooked those.
Lily In Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

Welcome!!! I hadn't really posted at all because I've just begun myself and can't offer much help with the food question.

But I also have had a rough week - tired but couldn't sleep, just generally exhausted all the time. I started Monday, and today I am starting to feel a bit better. Hang in there, and remember, all things in moderation. It's good to follow the diet exactly, but you also have to be able to live.
AmyKitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 308/298/200

Height: 5'9"

I started Phase 1 on Saturday and have been experiencing the same thing. I asked about side effects and others told me about SB Flu. It makes sense to me, our bodies are going through sugar detox. I was a carboholic, so I'm really feeling it. I have been eating beans, but I'm not a milk drinker. They say those two things are suppose to help. Good luck over the weekend!
thefrenchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #11  

Height: 5'2

Hey Irishgirl, i am on day 3 of phase 1. I did it before christmas but then got of the wagon with all the christmas food. I read the supercharged book but i have found this website to be amazing for ideas of what to eat, especially for breakfast.
I haven't really followed lunch or dinner recipes, i have really just found out for sure what is ok to eat and then make food from that, it actually isn't as bad as what i thought it would be.
Keep your head up and don't give up because trust me it is so worth it, not even for the weight loss but because you end up feeling so much better and your skin looks better too
cassrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

, Irishgirl! I'm sorry that you are feeling so confused and unsure of yourself right now, but as you become familiar with this plan, I promise it will get easier.
As CyndiM has suggested, please check out the stickied threads in our FAQ section of our forum. I believe you will find a lot of answers to your questions there. And don't hesitate to ask any questions you want. It may take a while for us to get back to you with answers, but we are all here to help you.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #13  

Unhappy

Thank you ladies for your encouragement and advice. I guess I have done this all wrong for the past 5 days and its very discouraging . Was looking forward to Phase 2.

The sausages had 5 grams of fat which I personally don't consider bad. I would think a Sirloin which is on the "ok" list would be worse than ground chicken sausages??

I had 2 yesterday and 2 today. I have had turkey sausage links at breakfast every morning so I feel like I have totally sabatoged my first week and I just want to cry
Old 01-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #14  

And I appologize for my grouchiness. I 'm just having a bad day. I just don't want to be told to "read the book' b/c I have read the book and I still have questions.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #15  
Come on ONEderland!

Don't start over- if your weight is going down, you'll be ok. Just try from here on out to eat 1 sausage patty a day and eat more veggies. You're not sabotaging yourself... now, if you were eating bread, potatoes, drinking pints of beer, and licking all the frosting off the cupcakes.... that would be sabotaging yourself...